Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 10:01:56 PM EDT
And Silencer Shop is the only legal place to buy cans.  

Pick me what is the next best .30 cal can all around.  

Show your work...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:03:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Silencerco Specwar is an absolute tank, and has excellent reduction levels. It was the best for a long time, and still ranks high up there.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
DeadAir Sandman, Sandman-S, or Sandman-K.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Silencerco Specwar is an absolute tank, and has excellent reduction levels. It was the best for a long time, and still ranks high up there.
View Quote
OK I may have not been absolutely clear.  I named Silencer Shop as the dealer because they DON'T sell Silencerco any longer.  

And I am trying to justify skipping the Omega (And anything Silencerco) for the ease of the Silencer Shop CS and ordering system.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote
Show your work...

Why would you go with one of  these based on weight, suppression, length etc.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
OP is not my supervisor, I love my Omega.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
OK I may have not been absolutely clear.  I named Silencer Shop as the dealer because they DON'T sell Silencerco any longer.  

And I am trying to justify skipping the Omega (And anything Silencerco) for the ease of the Silencer Shop CS and ordering system.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Give Capital Armory a try. They are my favorite can shop and they carry Silencerco. Specwar is my favorite can. Just picked up another one. the 556K
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Rethink your plan, OP. Buying a silencer is a six month long, $1,000 process. Putting in an extra 10 minutes to an hour on the front end isn't a big deal to get the one you really want.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Rethink your plan, OP. Buying a silencer is a six month long, $1,000 process. Putting in an extra 10 minutes to an hour on the front end isn't a big deal to get the one you really want.
View Quote
6 months? I'd have bought another if it were that short.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The Dead Air Sandman-S is a similar size to the Omega, it is slightly heavier which is the only downside, the upside is the far better mounting system (he even makes an aftermarket mount to fit the Omega because the factory Omega QD is so shit) and the Dead-Air has no minimum barrel length restrictions so you can literally use it on anything.

Also the Rugged Razor 762 is worth considering, if the added weight of the Dead-Air isn't in your plans. Rugged have probably the best machining quality in the industry. They do have length restrictions whereas the Sandman does not.

I own all three (Omega, Sandman, Razor).

Both Dead Air and Rugged were formed/are ran by prior SilencerCo employees.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Show your work...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Show your work...

Link
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Sandman S

No minimum barrel restrictions, awesome mount, replaceable endcaps, size of a full size 5.56 can but it's .30 cal can.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Recce 7
Sandman S
Surge
Mack Bros mb762s

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#13]
silencerco harvester
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Give Capital Armory a try. They are my favorite can shop and they carry Silencerco. Specwar is my favorite can. Just picked up another one. the 556K
View Quote
Having bought from both, I'd recommend either to anybody in the market. Great experiences with them.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:28:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, my Omega came from Capitol, they were great to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:37:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The Dead Air Sandman-S is a similar size to the Omega, it is slightly heavier which is the only downside, the upside is the far better mounting system (he even makes an aftermarket mount to fit the Omega because the factory Omega QD is so shit) and the Dead-Air has no minimum barrel length restrictions so you can literally use it on anything.
View Quote
Having shot the Omega and Sandman-S with the same rifle/ammo combination in a single range session (DPMS Recon Gen1 16" doing a comparison for a customer, yes I swapped FH's at the range), the Omega BLEW AWAY the Sandman-S in performance. We did not have a meter, but both of us shot the rifle in each configuration and gave our subjective opinions as shooter and observer.  Our opinions were identical, the Sandman-S was noticeably louder.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:43:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Rugged surge.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:48:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP is not my supervisor, I love my Omega.  
View Quote
And my Hybrid.

And Sparrow.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:51:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Shameless derail:

where is the best price for an Omega?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:53:34 PM EDT
[#20]
My Griffin Alpha/Paladin has become my favorite can. 
14.5oz, user serviceable, rugged, changeable endcaps.. lots of other features 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 4:33:49 AM EDT
[#21]
OP, if you are interested, check around for a LGS that sells Class 3 items and see if they have a Silencershop kiosk. Mine has a kiosk in it now. We just used it to start the process on a Silencerco Hybrid that the store had in stock. Took our fingerprints and everything. Silencershop is working to get kiosks set up in LGSs across the country.

You can go to the Silencershop website and use the Class 3 finder tool, check the option for only Class 3 dealers with a kiosk, add your zip, and away you go.

If you are dead set on something other then Silencerco, I hear good things about Dead Air. I just don't have any experience with them personally.

ETA: I just saw you were in WV and did a quick check. Looks like Just north of Beckley is the only shop in WV that has a kiosk. Not sure what part of WV you are located in so that may or may not be an option for you. I'm actually kind of surprised that is the only one in WV. I would have thought you would have at least a few shops with the kiosks already.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:17:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

why not just go to a class III dealer near you and order an Omega if thats what you think you really want.  Really, the process isn't that difficult outside of S.S.

As an owner of an Omega, i think it's a great can.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:18:48 AM EDT
[#23]
i went with the rugged surge.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
OP, if you are interested, check around for a LGS that sells Class 3 items and see if they have a Silencershop kiosk. Mine has a kiosk in it now. We just used it to start the process on a Silencerco Hybrid that the store had in stock. Took our fingerprints and everything. Silencershop is working to get kiosks set up in LGSs across the country.

You can go to the Silencershop website and use the Class 3 finder tool, check the option for only Class 3 dealers with a kiosk, add your zip, and away you go.

If you are dead set on something other then Silencerco, I hear good things about Dead Air. I just don't have any experience with them personally.

ETA: I just saw you were in WV and did a quick check. Looks like Just north of Beckley is the only shop in WV that has a kiosk. Not sure what part of WV you are located in so that may or may not be an option for you. I'm actually kind of surprised that is the only one in WV. I would have thought you would have at least a few shops with the kiosks already.
View Quote
That dealer is very close to me.  

I had set my mind on an Omega but I also will be buying a rimfire too

I know Capitol Armorys rep is stellar and do not take any thing from them.  

Jus had a few friends that have been using the SS system and are just over the moon happy about them.  

If SS still sold Silencerco it wouldn't be an issue.  LOL

Hence me asking what my next consideration should be hypothetically if I decide to go with SS over another dealer.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:01:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jus had a few friends that have been using the SS system and are just over the moon happy about them.  

Hence me asking what my next consideration should be hypothetically if I decide to go with SS over another dealer.
View Quote
Awesome! I've not been back to WV for some time but I sure do enjoy the scenery there. More green then I ever knew existed from growing up in the deserts and mountains out west.

I love the Omega! I'm pretty well convinced it's the best .30 cal can on the market when you consider how well it works compared to weight and overall size. Having said that, when weight isn't an issue like on my long range .300 wm, I use the Specwar 7.62. As for .22 cans, I don't have any yet, but my brother has a Warlock and a Sparrow, both from Silencerco and both are amazing. Bolt action .22 with subsonic rounds and a Sparrow on it is quieter than a bb gun. I wouldn't let ease of paperwork exclude you from the can you really want, with the way NFA is set up, you're looking at a very long term investment so you might as well get what you want the first time. Just my .02 cents! Any way you look at it, suppressors are just plain fun to shoot with and I rarely shoot anything without a can on it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:41:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Awesome! I've not been back to WV for some time but I sure do enjoy the scenery there. More green then I ever knew existed from growing up in the deserts and mountains out west.

I love the Omega! I'm pretty well convinced it's the best .30 cal can on the market when you consider how well it works compared to weight and overall size. Having said that, when weight isn't an issue like on my long range .300 wm, I use the Specwar 7.62. As for .22 cans, I don't have any yet, but my brother has a Warlock and a Sparrow, both from Silencerco and both are amazing. Bolt action .22 with subsonic rounds and a Sparrow on it is quieter than a bb gun. I wouldn't let ease of paperwork exclude you from the can you really want, with the way NFA is set up, you're looking at a very long term investment so you might as well get what you want the first time. Just my .02 cents! Any way you look at it, suppressors are just plain fun to shoot with and I rarely shoot anything without a can on it anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We actually had two kiosks but one LGS I talked said theirs quit working and they asked SS to fix it or give them another and they just came and got it
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:47:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would say this, but then I also got a Hybrid and that damned thing is amazing.

On a pistol it has so much interior area that it is spooky quiet.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Sandman 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:04:20 PM EDT
[#29]
How about a list of your priorities?

Every suppressor is different with different characteristics.  Just throwing out a name is not going to help you.  The omega is much more gassy and louder at the ear than the Sandman S.  Omega is much lighter than the Sandman S. The Deadair brake is almost 4 oz for a 30 cal. The Omega has lots of barrel restrictions.  Omega has direct thread, a QD mount and ability to use the same mount as Sandman.
Do you want a modular can?  What barrel length and caliber are you shooting? Is this your only can?

I have the Sandman S and L, Omega, and Razor.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Its primary purpose will be on a .300 BLK PDW 8.3" barrel.  

Ultimately suppression is number one then weight then length.

I may eventually do a .308 but its primary ue will be .300 BLK with a healthy mix of subs and supers in an SD/HD role  

I have seen great things form SS and now their new digitalized form 4s and recent 24-48 turnarounds for Form 3s.

My budget will allow this to be my only centerfire can for awhile and is my first can.  

I really want to buy from them but they dont sell Silencerco.  So I am wanting to know if there is anything sold by SS that is worth skipping the Omega for if I decide to only deal with SS
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:18:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Double Tap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top