Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 8:15:08 PM EDT
Anyone ever heard of this happening? I have both a 110 conversion and a factory 110 auto, the conversion is a bit odd. Everything about the knife points to it being a legitimate, Buck made 110 that was converted to a dual action auto, but the sheath is strange. It has the Buck logo stamped on the flap, but is a very flimsy material, almost makes me think it's imitation leather, the snap is not marked Buck(completely blank), and it's very weak.

The knife came with a Buck box in the correct style for a recent knife, date code puts the knife as made within the last 3 or 4 years. Just wondering if anyone's seen this happen before? Maybe the company that did the conversion had real Bucks and Chinese clones for conversion and got the sheaths mixed up?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:28:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know shit about Buck autos, but I know that no one can help without pics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know shit about Buck autos, but I know that no one can help without pics.
View Quote
What JD said. Get some pictures  up.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:13:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it was something to do with the current production sheath scratching the knife.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to buy one of these.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#5]
New cost savings production?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#6]
There's companies out there doing auto conversions on buck 110s. My little brother works for one of them,  he made me a 110 with stag grips, auto conversion, custom hand engraving, and bolster work ill post a pic when i get home. Oh and buck knives can  have pretty cheap sheaths these days. I've already worn one out.
He works here and does a lot of this stuff by hand.
Knife link
Buck, case, and other companies send them knives to customize, they do the work, and  send them back to to whoever they come from, those companies sell them as customs.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I need to buy one of these.
View Quote
From the experience of having both, buy the factory version over most of the conversions-got mine from bladehq. Better work than the conversions and you still have the Buck warranty. At $140 it's in line with the price of most of the conversions. As for pics, I have tomorrow off and will try to get a couple taken.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's companies out there doing auto conversions on buck 110s. My little brother works for one of them,  he made me a 110 with stag grips, auto conversion, custom hand engraving, and bolster work ill post a pic when i get home. Oh and buck knives can  have pretty cheap sheaths these days. I've already worn one out.
He works here and does a lot of this stuff by hand.
Knife link
Buck, case, and other companies send them knives to customize, they do the work, and  send them back to to whoever they come from, those companies sell them as customs.
View Quote
Beautiful work.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:52:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Left knife is the factory auto. Right knife(and sheath) conversion. Like I said I have no concerns about the knife, just wondering about the sheath-never seen a Buck sheath without being marked Buck on the stamp. The cheaper, thinner material is tough to show without being in-hand but the second pic is the open sheath.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top