Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2017 2:13:23 AM EDT
Poll inbound.

UPDATE: Arpaio states he has not been invited to rally though he would like to go

Poll was at 78% that Trump would pardon Arpaio before this update.

UPDATE 2: Trump will NOT pardon Arpaio at the rally
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:13:58 AM EDT
[#1]
IBTP
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I doubt it 

but I'm wrong a lot

hes got an appeal in process already and the timing is wretched for optics 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:16:08 AM EDT
[#3]
He's still a POS either way. 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:17:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup.

Get ready for the Democratic mayor / city council to tell all the "protesters" it's ok to "protest"
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He's still a POS either way. 
View Quote
Trump, or the sheriff?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:18:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I am still linking ammo, dammit.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:20:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Joe fucked up when he lost in courts and decided he would do as he wished anyway.  That said it's a misdemeanor and he'd never see a day in jail.  Pardon the man and let AZ taxpayers off the hook rather than us pay for the appeal.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:28:22 AM EDT
[#8]
How come Republicans constantly get charged and go to jail but Democrats like Hillary always get off scot free?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:35:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How come Republicans constantly get charged and go to jail but Democrats like Hillary always get off scot free?
View Quote
GOPe and RINOs are pussies, period. Obamacare stands and there are no tax cuts.

If Trump retreats and leaves a man behind the chances of his movement growing while in retreat are dismal.

I would see failing to pardon Sheriff Joe next week as capitulation on one of the core campaign promises Trump made.

Rubicon, Waterloo, or however you want to describe it. This is a watershed moment for Trump.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:43:16 AM EDT
[#10]
He did gis job. Obama admin didnt like it. I think i heard hes gonna run again
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I hope so, but I don't know, especially considering Bannon's exit.

I'm afraid the Swamp is in control now.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:46:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I hope so, but I don't know, especially considering Bannon's exit.

I'm afraid the Swamp is in control now.
View Quote
The Swamp is going to have to fight for a significant while longer if Trump does NOT leave his man behind [how many times did Trump talk about Sheriff Joe in his campaign speeches?].
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:09:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I hope so
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Arpaio stood trial in hope of a clean win.  Trump should and will pardon him.  Arpaio should have received a jury trial
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 7:30:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Arpaio stood trial in hope of a clean win.  Trump should and will pardon him.  Arpaio should have received a jury trial
View Quote
Taking on the judiciary when necessary has historically been part and parcel of the requisite balance of powers in the US.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:31:09 AM EDT
[#16]
He should.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:36:52 AM EDT
[#17]
He should not pardon him, but he will.   He is just going to energize the Democrats in Arizona.  We do not need that.  Focus on important shit, Mr. President.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He should not pardon him, but he will.   He is just going to energize the Democrats in Arizona.  We do not need that.  Focus on important shit, Mr. President.
View Quote
The dems haven't been energized already without the pardon?

Logic failed you, brah.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:47:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I believe he will.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

If Trump retreats and leaves a man behind the chances of his movement growing while in retreat are dismal.

I would see failing to pardon Sheriff Joe next week as capitulation on one of the core campaign promises Trump made.

Rubicon, Waterloo, or however you want to describe it. This is a watershed moment for Trump.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why does President Trump "have" to pardon Joe Arpaio "next" week? I would think it would be better for Joe Arpaio if he won on appeal and was "acquitted" by the courts rather than remain "guilty" with a pardon which means that he actually was guilty. President Trump can always pardon Joe Arpaio if his appeal doesn't acquit him. Why is next week so important?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:03:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Joe's a symbol of law enforcement enforcing the laws on the books instead of listening to politicians and judges legislating from the bench etc...

Thats why it would be a good idea for President Trump to pardon him
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Joe's a symbol of law enforcement enforcing the laws on the books instead of listening to politicians and judges legislating from the bench etc...

Thats why it would be a good idea for President Trump to pardon him
View Quote
If you're going to get down to "enforcing the laws on the books" then he shouldn't be pardoned.

He should have an appeal and with a jury if thats the metric 
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
He probably shouldn't, at least not before an appeal, but I'm guessing he will anyway.

Joe should have followed the courts ruling.  It's not OK for us to demand the left obey the law if we don't.  And it's the court who has the authority, not a county Sheriff. As much as I didn't want a democrat as Sheriff, I was sick and tired of Joe's grandstanding. He would have done us all a big favor by not running again and letting another Republican run against Penzone.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#24]
On stage Tuesday in Phx, in front of a cheering crowd.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Obama did anything he could get away with and then some.

A pardon is a 100% constitutional prerogative of the president.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I hope he does not.It will do a lot of damage to his(Trumps)credibility if he does.Hopefully he is strong enough to not pardon him.This will be a good test.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:40:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Joe represents all that is bad in law enforcement.He give other officers a bad name.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#30]
So you're glad that it looks less positive for Arpaio?

Did you support Trump (if you want to say)?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#31]
The illegal alien lobby and America haters don't want Sheriff Joe pardoned that's pretty obvious.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:10:49 PM EDT
[#32]
He should pardon Joe.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump sure was proud of that Sheriff Arpaio endorsement, wasn't he? Mentioned it every campaign stop and in every debate. Anytime someone brought up touchback amnesty Trump would play that card. As we watch events unfold, I just want to make sure people don't forget about that.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Trump sure was proud of that Sheriff Arpaio endorsement, wasn't he? Mentioned it every campaign stop and in every debate. Anytime someone brought up touchback amnesty Trump would play that card. As we watch events unfold, I just want to make sure people don't forget about that.
View Quote
I agree. How many times did he praise Sheriff Joe during his campaign?

I think he should pardon Joe and still might.

However, if Trump doesn't? I think Mueller's investigation might gain some steam due to folks wanting to make a deal rather then hope Trump comes to their rescue with a pardon if things go poorly.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Arpaio will NOT be pardoned at the rally

So what's the rally for? Afghanistan troop increases?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Arpaio will NOT be pardoned at the rally

So what's the rally for? Afghanistan troop increases?
View Quote
Maybe he'll trot out Kelli Ward to give her a boost against Jeff Flake.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#37]
is John McCain and Gibby Gifford invited also?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I wonder if folks going to the rally thought Arpaio would be there and be pardoned?

I feel like Ivanka and Jared have pulled Trump's teeth.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Trump should support the judge who found Joe Arpaio guilty.Arpaio was found not above the law.It was a good ruling.No pardon warranted.

Follow the law.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:11:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:34:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Maybe he'll trot out Kelli Ward to give her a boost against Jeff Flake.
View Quote
Kelli Ward is pure clown shoes, and a loser. She had her chance and blew it against McCain. I'd much rather see Jeff DeWit run for Flake's seat.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just like Trump said the other night-your view changes once you sit in the oval office?

Oh Yea-politicians lie.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wonder if folks going to the rally thought Arpaio would be there and be pardoned?

I feel like Ivanka and Jared have pulled Trump's teeth.
View Quote
My time table may be off but it seems like this Rally was planed after Trump said he was "seriously considering" a pardon

I suspect everyone, Trump included, planned this as a pardon. 

thats a guess of course.

As I said above in this thread, I didn't think he would, but I was far from sure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top