Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:18:40 PM EDT
I follow a few right wing guys like Milo, stefan, PJW and I've noticed on mobile most of their posts have one comment that shows up without even hitting the post. Thing is 90? of the ones that show up like that are leftist or opposing views. If I click on comments lot of times they aren't even the most reacted to comment, but for some reason they're at the top. Tin foil too tight or is fb up to something? I don't know how to screen shot with my phone and fb doesn't do it on desktop.

ETA more possible fuckerberg shenanigans.

Now something else weird is happening. I havent seen a new post from any of those guys i follow since the 23rd. Not even Breitbart. They all normally post a couple things every day.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:25:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
<snip>...... Tin foil too tight or is fb up to something? 
View Quote

Censorship.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
facebook is for soccer moms

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#4]
This guy talks about how Twitter and reddit have been doing it.

It's known as "Throttling."

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Conservative hating liberals, nothing new.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Great, let's cede that battlefield. Genius.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:33:56 PM EDT
[#7]
They changed something to make the top comment the one most replied to. They thought it would give the leftists the bigger voice. A lot of people started bumping the more conservative/right wing posts with ultimately pointless posts just to make them the top comment. I use facebook but I hold no illusions that they are fair or friends to the right.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#8]
It is to make room for more advertisements.
Mark Z has 2 extra mouths to feed now, and he needs the money.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:35:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:38:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Says the guy posting on social media.

So edge. Much edge.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:40:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:40:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They changed something to make the top comment the one most replied to. They thought it would give the leftists the bigger voice. A lot of people started bumping the more conservative/right wing posts with ultimately pointless posts just to make them the top comment. I use facebook but I hold no illusions that they are fair or friends to the right.
View Quote
Ahh that would explain why they're at the top the. Wade in post something everyone else disagrees with and they bump the comment when they take the bait. Wonder if that's happening to left wing mouthpieces.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Didn't mean to dupe your thread I didn't see it. I'm glad you noticed the exact same thing though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:59:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ahh that would explain why they're at the top the. Wade in post something everyone else disagrees with and they bump the comment when they take the bait. Wonder if that's happening to left wing mouthpieces.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know. I've noticed a lot of accounts that appear to be paid posters. Few actual friends, lots of followers. They post things completely unrelated to the subject of the posting. It's always how terrible the President is.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:26:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Didn't mean to dupe your thread I didn't see it. I'm glad you noticed the exact same thing though.
View Quote
Oh, I wasn't calling a dupe insomuch as I was confirming your obeservation.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:41:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I have nothing to say, I just showed up for the free nachos.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#18]
@Cucumbermonkey, just saw this, not sure if true but it makes sense.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:40:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
@Cucumbermonkey, just saw this, not sure if true but it makes sense.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/136311/IMG_0684-286281.JPG
View Quote
That's probably it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:44:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Now something else weird is happening. I havent seen a new post from any of those guys i follow since the 23rd. Not even Breitbart. They all normally post a couple things every day.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Facebook is for Attention seeking Whores.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Might want to consider joining Minds, where free speech is actually promoted and allowed. 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:50:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Might want to consider joining Minds, where free speech is actually promoted and allowed. 
View Quote
Hmm will look into it. I had a gabai account but never got the hang of it. Not sure it ever caught on.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#24]
There are even people on this sight who want Zoidberg to be president.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:06:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
FB and GD are where I get my news.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:10:50 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:21:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep. I quit that shit a year ago. One of the best decisions I've made. 
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I follow a few right wing guys like Milo, stefan, PJW and I've noticed on mobile most of their posts have one comment that shows up without even hitting the post. Thing is 90? of the ones that show up like that are leftist or opposing views. If I click on comments lot of times they aren't even the most reacted to comment, but for some reason they're at the top. Tin foil too tight or is fb up to something? I don't know how to screen shot with my phone and fb doesn't do it on desktop.

ETA more possible fuckerberg shenanigans.

View Quote

FB, google / youtube, twitter.. they have all been very open about the fact that they will stifle or censor speech they don't agree with. In fact they're very proud of it. Don't be surprised when soon they have banned anything they decide is fascist. Like Rush, Milo, etc. As well as you.

It's coming.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:15:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I changed some settings around for the guys I'm following and still can't see their posts in my news feed. Fucking horseshit.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I changed some settings around for the guys I'm following and still can't see their posts in my news feed. Fucking horseshit.
View Quote
Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other tech sector companies are executing a quiet campaign to silence as many non-leftist voices as they can.

They're desperate and not even feigning impartiality at this point.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:19:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Google, Facebook, Twitter, and other tech sector companies are executing a quiet campaign to silence as many non-leftist voices as they can.

They're desperate and not even feigning impartiality at this point.
View Quote
For me it started on the 23rd. I commented about it in their posts and at least some other people aren't having the same issue.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I use it these days to chat with and try to hook up with single moms, works good in a rural area where people don't typically use online dating sites. Just use the search, select the location and put in a female first name like Elizabeth, Rebecca, Sarah, etc. Send out some friend requests or just make small talk through FB messenger. You can always tell when their kids are away for the weekend because they'll start dropping hints about being "bored" this weekend and the house is so quiet with no one there. 
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
They love their own more than they love our country
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#34]
PJW has not posted on YouTube in 2 weeks, from what I see when I visit his page.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Censorship.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<snip>...... Tin foil too tight or is fb up to something? 

Censorship.
Op, you're correct to suspect them of throttling.

Because it's an absolute fact.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:04:16 PM EDT
[#36]

I got a 24hr ban for posting this
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
PJW has not posted on YouTube in 2 weeks, from what I see when I visit his page.
View Quote
He has 2 accounts incase one gets locked. I just looked and Im seeing a post of his 2 hours ago. I figured out how to fix my news feed problem. I unliked and then reliked everyone I was following. Now their posts show up in my feed.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#38]
I left FB a few years ago and I do not miss it.  Now I waste my free time on GD
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Many times it'll show # of  comments, click there, and nothing
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol who?
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
He has 2 accounts incase one gets locked. I just looked and Im seeing a post of his 2 hours ago. I figured out how to fix my news feed problem. I unliked and then reliked everyone I was following. Now their posts show up in my feed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 fbook accounts or 2 youtube accounts? I see he has a professional page and a personal page on fbook, but only one youtube account that I can find...
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#42]
It's probably sorting by "popular" comments... comments that get lots of replies. I'd suspect at least to some degree, some leftist comments something stupid, which garners a load of replies, which then cause the libtard's comment to float to the top.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
2 fbook accounts or 2 youtube accounts? I see he has a professional page and a personal page on fbook, but only one youtube account that I can find...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh I misread. He has 2 FB accounts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top