Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 8:53:26 PM EDT
Ive been thinking I'd like an offside fixed blade knife/spare mag combo to replace the single mag pouch I've been using the last couple years.

NWTactical offers one. Any other kydex gear makers offer such a thing? I'm capable of making one myself, but the wife wants to buy me a gift so.... this is the logical conclusion  

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
No one has one?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Why would you have a defensive blade behind the spare mag, where only your weak hand can access it?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:36:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you have a defensive blade behind the spare mag, where only your weak hand can access it?
View Quote
Weapon retention primarily. I carry a ZT301 strong side EDC.   Holding a pistol, grapling with someone trying take my pistol and attempting to deploy my strong side folder with my weak hand is beyond my skillset.

Having used a blade defensively , its not my first choice. Using one to stab someone in the face attempting to take my pistol is totally  doable however.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:37:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Weapon retention primarily. I carry a ZT301 strong side EDC.   Holding a pistol, grapling with someone trying take my pistol and attempting to deploy my strong side folder with my weak hand is beyond my skillset.

Having used a blade defensively , its not my first choice. Using one to stab someone in the face attempting to take my pistol is totally  doable however.
View Quote
To me it makes more sense to have the knife accessible in front of the mag, preferably closer to center line of body, so it can be accessed by either hand.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 11:54:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

To me it makes more sense to have the knife accessible in front of the mag, preferably closer to center line of body, so it can be accessed by either hand.
View Quote
I agree, however itd be a dedicated single purpose knife. At this point , Im just looking for anyone who offers such a combo pouch but I'm going to just make it myself and have the wife buy me a new blade for it  if I cant find anyone besides nwt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:02:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I agree, however itd be a dedicated single purpose knife. At this point , Im just looking for anyone who offers such a combo pouch but I'm going to just make it myself and have the wife buy me a new blade for it  if I cant find anyone besides nwt.
View Quote
Anyone that is offering that, should be able to have the blade in front if you request. How else are they making the molds, unless they have the mag and knife to mold off of?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:07:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Any reason for single unit preference? OWB or IWB?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 12:13:36 AM EDT
[#8]
I personally wouldn't have anything but another mag next to the mag.

I would be paranoid about getting a bad situation and during the adrenaline dump, while changing mags; I jam a knife in my magwell.  One of those situations that probably would never happen but.....it could.

I guess as long as a person trains with their stuff it really doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 7:26:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any reason for single unit preference? OWB or IWB?
View Quote
Less real estate on the belt with 1 teklok mount & I cant forget the knife if its 1 unit etc. Owb for this pouch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top