Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2017 1:32:28 PM EDT
Im stuck on which barrel length to get.  I could do 21" barrel and add the +3 magazine extension and put an extended choke tube to bring the barrel out flush or go with a 24" barrel and get the +4 magazine extension.  How will the +4 magazine extension match up with the barrel?  This will be for home defense and 3 gun in the future.  I will also put a red dot MRO on it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:36:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is 214 pages about the 1301.  Good stuff.
Beretta 1301 Tactical
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Ill probably go with the 21" with the +3 extension and an extended choke tube
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 2:55:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I would just do a 21 with a +4 mag extension and a 2" extended choke...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:28:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been shooting a 1301 since they came out in 3 gun. Bought a 24" barrel, put a +5 Nordic tube on it, usually run two +5's so I can load 15 rounds in it.

I've shot over 20,000 rds through my 1301, shoots damn near anything. Has never giving me any trouble. I hit with some CLP monthly and that is it.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a 21 and a +4.  I don't give a shit that the tube sticks out.  It's not a fashion contest.

Just learn when not to hit the button and it's a fantastic gun.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:53:57 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm gonna call bad idea in your theory of use. Make it either a game gun or not. I have the 21" with +4 and Briley extended choke. It's a beast on the range. It's a joke in the house. In retrospect, I'd have gotten 24", the 3" makes a difference. I stick to 18.5" for a HD shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 2:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be nice to have a threaded barrel
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:27:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Red dot puts you in open, so with a tube gun you are going to want as much capacity as you can handle.  At least 12+1, which would be like a musket inside a house.

I could use my 12+1 benelli for HD. But why?  I have an AR for that.

Go 24".
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#9]
I went 24 on my. Added a Nordic mag ext and called it good. Still light and holds 10 +1. The mag tube sticks out about 3 inches, but for a game gun it's been great.

I'm going to grab the Tactical version for house use.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:24:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im stuck on which barrel length to get.  I could do 21" barrel and add the +3 magazine extension and put an extended choke tube to bring the barrel out flush or go with a 24" barrel and get the +4 magazine extension.  How will the +4 magazine extension match up with the barrel?  This will be for home defense and 3 gun in the future.  I will also put a red dot MRO on it.
View Quote

If you are looking to do 3-gun, it might be beneficial to allow the tube to be slightly longer than the barrel. I doubt anything terrible would ever happen but if you have to ground the gun in a dump barrel, it's nice to not have the muzzle/choke take the impact.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm gonna call bad idea in your theory of use. Make it either a game gun or not. I have the 21" with +4 and Briley extended choke. It's a beast on the range. It's a joke in the house. In retrospect, I'd have gotten 24", the 3" makes a difference. I stick to 18.5" for a HD shotgun.
View Quote
I agree with this. Go 24" and use an AR for HD, not a shotgun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:33:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another +1.

A 3 gun shotgun is the most specialized of the three. Your carry gun and HD carbine will both work well but the shotgun is really a game only firearm if it's set up for 3 gun. You can do HD and 3 gun with one but it's either going to really suck at one or the other or be mediocre for both.
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 8:39:38 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Another +1.

A 3 gun shotgun is the most specialized of the three. Your carry gun and HD carbine will both work well but the shotgun is really a game only firearm if it's set up for 3 gun. You can do HD and 3 gun with one but it's either going to really suck at one or the other or be mediocre for both.
View Quote
A 3-gun shotgun will be better for HD than a "typical" HD gun will be for 3-gun, usually due only to length, but I have to agree with these suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 1:37:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A 3-gun shotgun will be better for HD than a "typical" HD gun will be for 3-gun, usually due only to length, but I have to agree with these suggestions as well.
View Quote
Got it.  I have a few 28" shotguns used for hunting.  I wanted to set up a tactical shotgun.  I will stick with my Glock 21 for my primary HD firearm.  That being said should i just go with the 24" then?
Link Posted: 8/26/2017 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Since you are putting a mag tube on it, you might as well get a 24" since the tube is going to stick out there anyways.  Handling wise, it's not a big difference between the 21 and the 24. However, you will get some added velocity and sight radius with the 24".
Link Posted: 8/29/2017 1:21:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Since you are putting a mag tube on it, you might as well get a 24" since the tube is going to stick out there anyways.  Handling wise, it's not a big difference between the 21 and the 24. However, you will get some added velocity and sight radius with the 24".
View Quote
This will be the one I will get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top