Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2017 9:21:05 AM EDT
DEARBORN, Mich. - Two men who walked into the Dearborn police station in February armed and wearing tactical vests were sentenced Friday to time behind bars, Chief Ronald Haddad said.Brandon Vreeland, 40, of Jackson, and James Craig Baker, 24, of Leonard, were arrested Feb. 5 after they filmed themselves walking into the police station with guns and tactical vests.Vreeland was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon, felony resisting and opposing an officer, and disturbing the peace, police said. He was sentenced to a minimum of nine months in prison and a maximum of five years in prison, Haddad said.Baker was convicted of carrying a concealed weapon, police said. He was sentenced to nine months in the Wayne County Jail and three years' probation, Haddad said."The ultimate objective is public safety for everyone, including police officers," Haddad said.Men pulled over in tactical vests, masksPolice were called to a shopping district at Ford Road and Southfield Freeway Feb. 5 when somebody reported seeing two men in a car wearing tactical vests and masks. A Dearborn police sergeant on patrol said he saw the men in a car near a park three miles away and pulled them over.The men were wearing heavy tactical vests, and the passenger was wearing a balaclava mask that covered his face, the sergeant said. He refused to speak to the sergeant, police said."Let me go on my way," one of the men said during the traffic stop. "Let me be free to go, (because) we've broken no laws. This, you know this, this is an illegal detention and you'd better get your s--- straight, (because) we're done. ... Oh, I will file a complaint."They were released and drove to the Dearborn police station, where they started filming, police said. In the video, one of the men said he was going to file a complaint because they were "illegally pulled over." He said they feared for their lives during the traffic stop.Armed encounter at Dearborn police stationHaddad said the men entered the Dearborn Police Station lobby armed with a shoulder mounted firearm, handguns and recording equipment.Police said their response when they saw the heavily armed men walking into the police station was to protect themselves.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/men-who-walked-into-dearborn-police-station-armed-with-guns-tactical-vests-sentenced
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Lucky to be alive.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Dumbasses
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Stupid games etc...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Good.

These "new world order" conspiracy types do no favors to the gun owning community.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#5]
These fools are just like the communist agitators trying to rile up others.  

Its not about your rights when you try to push the issue into violence.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:38:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dumbasses
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Should have been wearing their thin blue line shirts.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#9]
These morans are not who we want representing firearm owners.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Wonder what internet forum is missing a  couple of members this morning
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:47:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Shoulder mounted firearm... I want one of those
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#12]
I wonder if they woke up that morning thinking, "gee, how can I lose my right to possess these guns anymore?"
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:49:00 AM EDT
[#13]
They wanted the attention and they got it. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 9:52:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Joinder..it was created.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I have never been so drunk as to think that was a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#16]
I bet there were some puckered assholes in that cop shop.    
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#17]
If only they claimed they were Muslim, they would have been given keys to the city instead of ending up in the slammer.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#18]
ASSHOLES, man. Dearborn has what I consider one of the best and most professional PD's in the entire area. Had they walked into the PD of ANY other of the surrounding municipalities dressed like that (Westland, Garden City, Taylor, Inkster) they would undoubtedly be dead men. And rightfully so. Absolute TARDS.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
There was a guy like that, here, but he got the ban hammer (for posting pictures that site staff told him to not post again) around the time he escalated to the point of "being detained".  

Last I heard, his shenanigans apparently left him broke and alone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:34:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
With the shoulder thing that goes up?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:35:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
There was a guy like that, here, but he got the ban hammer (for posting pictures that site staff told him to not post again) around the time he escalated to the point of "being detained".  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Lucky to be alive.
View Quote
this

Damn lucky they didn't get shot to hell.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Who?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?
Not posting a name or screen name, because he stated in the past that he does periodic searches of his name, to see who's talking about him, but he was the guy that was posting pictures of a Draco pistol that he had painted the muzzle orange (claimed it would make the police think twice before shooting) and asking where he could get AP ammo for his pistol, in case he found himself having to defend himself against people wearing armor.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:51:07 PM EDT
[#24]
That was not a crime!

It was a "Free Speech Audit".

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Should have been wearing their thin blue line shirts.
View Quote
Are these looked at negatively? I was going to put one on my car after a local officer was run over
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:00:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Lucky to be alive.
View Quote
Yep
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Predator had one. Pretty fucking cool
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Good.

These "new world order" conspiracy types do no favors to the gun owning community.
View Quote
I did not see that in the article, but:

“professional provocateurs.”

Carpenter said some 7,000 text messages have been investigated between Vreeland and Baker about their “protests” and taking advantage of “Trumpophobia” by wearing full Muslim robes and carrying AK-47s at demonstrations.

“There’s discussion of having a death wish, making funeral arrangements and embracing the idea of being known as the public enemy,” Carpenter said.

It looks like they wanted to troll and got banned.   LOL
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Not posting a name or screen name, because he stated in the past that he does periodic searches of his name, to see who's talking about him, but he was the guy that was posting pictures of a Draco pistol that he had painted the muzzle orange (claimed it would make the police think twice before shooting) and asking where he could get AP ammo for his pistol, in case he found himself having to defend himself against people wearing armor.
View Quote
I get that reference... he used to open carry that in crowded public areas like park playgrounds and such correct?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who?
Oh, that Tennessee retard, Leonard Embody.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:38:44 PM EDT
[#31]
If you dig through their social media and stuff, it's full of 9/11 conspiracy and other nonsense.

They're retards. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:43:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I get that reference... he used to open carry that in crowded public areas like park playgrounds and such correct?
View Quote
I think the last media attention he got, was for standing on the sidewalk in front of a high school, with an unloaded Mosin.

Lost carry permit (and withdrew the appeal, so he could file a lawsuit, instead).

Lost FFL.

Lost job.

Lost house.

Saw a claim that there was a divorce mixed in with all that.  Saw another claim that he has since been sleeping on somebody's couch.  

Play stupid games...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:59:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Why? Wait, nm.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:41:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

The Predator had one. Pretty fucking cool
View Quote
Thank you.
Some people call them "barrel shrouds," but I do not know what that is.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:55:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Sounds like they got off light to me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:54:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Damn lucky they didn't get shot to hell.
View Quote
Maybe Trump turned me into a badge bunny, but I remember this and I would have given zero fucks if those two idiots got ventilated without even a cursory "drop the gun!".

You don't go waltzing into your local police station all kitted up with a long arm at the low ready. You just don't.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:58:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think the last media attention he got, was for standing on the sidewalk in front of a high school, with an unloaded Mosin.

Lost carry permit (and withdrew the appeal, so he could file a lawsuit, instead).

Lost FFL.

Lost job.

Lost house.

Saw a claim that there was a divorce mixed in with all that.  Saw another claim that he has since been sleeping on somebody's couch.  

Play stupid games...
View Quote
Edit:   I should know better than to ask by now.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:14:54 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Oh that fucking guy.

Yeah fuck him.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#39]
The guys are idiots.

But how do you get charged with so many felonies for walking into a police station armed?

I can't believe they weren't out right killed.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:43:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Predator gun?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:47:33 AM EDT
[#41]
How were they convicted of carrying a concealed weapon? Wasn't the issue with the way they were open carrying?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 4:49:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ASSHOLES, man. Dearborn has what I consider one of the best and most professional PD's in the entire area. Had they walked into the PD of ANY other of the surrounding municipalities dressed like that (Westland, Garden City, Taylor, Inkster) they would undoubtedly be dead men. And rightfully so. Absolute TARDS.
View Quote
That's not saying a whole lot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 6:22:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Why shouldn't a citizen be able to walk into a police station with weapons if the weapons aren't drawn?  

Police walk anywhere they want armed with guns...including your property.

So the public facility that is a police station, if I walk in armed to the teeth to file a report than that's should be a persons choice.  Literally no different than a cop showing up at your house to ask you questions.

"A police officer showed up at my house in a fully equipped enforcement vehicle.  He had an ar15 in the car and came up to my door with body armor and a handgun to 'ask me a question'".

This above paragraph doesn't seem out of hand or justification for force does it?
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:43:57 PM EDT
[#44]
. . .with a shoulder mounted firearm. . .
View Quote

ETA: Beaten to the punch
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:55:02 PM EDT
[#45]
John Brown gun club members???
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:55:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Old guy got a felony and sentence of 9mos to 5 years?  What does that translate to in reality?

Young guy just got misd. cc violation and 9 mos.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:06:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Why shouldn't a citizen be able to walk into a police station with weapons if the weapons aren't drawn?  

Police walk anywhere they want armed with guns...including your property.

So the public facility that is a police station, if I walk in armed to the teeth to file a report than that's should be a persons choice.  Literally no different than a cop showing up at your house to ask you questions.

"A police officer showed up at my house in a fully equipped enforcement vehicle.  He had an ar15 in the car and came up to my door with body armor and a handgun to 'ask me a question'".

This above paragraph doesn't seem out of hand or justification for force does it?
View Quote
Come on now, I think the answer is obvious.
Just because you think you should be able to do something doesn't mean that you CAN do that thing, and a little common sense goes a long way.
Don't go looking for trouble.
Walking into a police station with a long gun displayed and wearing armor is looking for trouble.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:16:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Literally no different?  Literally?  

Link Posted: 8/23/2017 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lucky to be alive.
View Quote
I am amazed the cops did not ventilate them. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top