Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2017 4:32:55 AM EDT
Just noticed it's available this morning.

Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:36:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm finishing Luke Cage now, I've already watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones...  I've been told by many people that Iron Fist is complete crap.  Can I skip it, or will The Defenders not make any sense if I don't watch?
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Spoiler:

Daredavil defends looters stealing TVs.

"They're just kids"

Almost made me turn off the TV.

Still might.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:40:50 AM EDT
[#3]
If you can't keep up with a comic book storyline....and it's crap. OMG is it crap. Hour after hour of characters you just keep hoping will die.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Spoiler:

"They're just kids"

Still might.
View Quote
Yeah, I could have done without that scene.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 4:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm finishing Luke Cage now, I've already watched Daredevil and Jessica Jones...  I've been told by many people that Iron Fist is complete crap.  Can I skip it, or will The Defenders not make any sense if I don't watch?
View Quote
I wouldn't say it's complete crap, but it definitely is the weakest of the series.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:10:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been waiting for this to come out too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:11:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The Iron Hand/Golden Fist thing is the worst series I have seen in a long time. It was so bad I actually watched it longer than I should thinking I was missing something because no way someone makes such a shitty series. Main character is just a spoiled passive aggressive douchebag whose super power is a right hook. The comic book thing jumped the shark awhile ago but this show just proves how bad its gotten.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:15:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say it's complete crap, but it definitely is the weakest of the series.
View Quote
I need to find a YouTube synopsis that whittles down thirteen hours of material into about thirty minutes.

I've love the other series, but even then, thirteen episodes can get rather tedious.  Honestly, I'm only entertaining the idea of watching The Defenders because I want to see what they do with the Punisher.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the only two that I truly found appealing were Jessica jones and daredevil. iron fist sucked ass and I was really disappointed. Like cage seemed too...politically charged, almost like they were trying to be super ghetto with it, perhaps that was the idea, but I was put off frequently.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 5:24:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Spoiler:

"They're just kids"

Still might.
Yup.

I'm done.

Had enough of the SJW white privelege bullshit from Luke Cage.

They can go get fucked.

ETA: made it 3/4's through episode 3.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Great concept, especially cool that they all reside within the MCU and in fact reference the movies on more than one occasion.

Daredevil is hands down the best, especially with The Punisher last season, but the "I'm too good to kill but not too good to horribly maim" trope is a little overused sometimes.
Jessica Jones had promise due to the gritty detective noir vibe, but ultimately she was completely unlikable as a person and as a lead, from start to finish.
Luke Cage on the other hand was a really likeable guy and the initial trailer was cool with him wading through a criminal headquarters, however, when your power is "standing there and not getting hurt" it gets boring quickly especially after Daredevel set the bar so high with 1 shot flowing combat sequences.  Additionally, the whole show felt like the tall Septa from Game of Thrones was standing next to me ringing a bell and saying "Black Pride.  Black Pride."  
And Iron Fist, again had promise for more action, but Danny Rand was an impetuous, moody crybaby that Forest Gumped his way through the whole season.  For "the greatest martial artist in the entire world", he should have been more wise, more striking, and more exiting.

Origin story boredom though is why The Defenders may be the answer.  Now we have "developed" these characters and can hopefully enjoy some comic grade asskickery.  Looking forward to giving it a shot!
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Spoiler:

"They're just kids"

Still might.
View Quote
Matt Murdock is a defense attorney. Most criminal defense attorneys I know tend to be pretty left leaning.

I would say that they are keeping him in character.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I started watching Luke Cage but found it incredibly boring. I didn't watch Jessica Jones at all and I didn't bother with Iron Fist. Daredevil is the only show I've watched through to the end.

The Defenders looks good so I may check it out.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Matt Murdock is a defense attorney. Most criminal defense attorneys I know tend to be pretty left leaning.

I would say that they are keeping him in character.
View Quote
Luke Cage's tone-deaf BLM nonsense is grating as well.

In the second episode:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
I couldn't watch any more Marvel shows after DareDevil.  They take a 5 episode story arc and stretch it to 13.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 10:55:51 AM EDT
[#16]
DareDevil set the bar high, almost to high. Netflix has a real winner in that one. I got through about 4 episodes of Jessica Jones. It sucked her moody emo BS was tiresome. I didn't even bother with Luke Cage or Iron Fist.

I'm hoping some of the DD writers made The Defenders worth watching because I've been looking forward to it. Honestly I think they should have done a season of The Punisher instead.

Scott Glenn aka Stick is in The Defenders, I really like his character. The grumpy old codger who gives no fucks.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#17]
I watched the first episode last night.  Decent start.  Too bad there are only 8 episodes.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
I didn't watch Luke Cage (he sucked as a secondary character in JJ so I sure as hell wasn't going to watch his own show) and I threw in the towel after 3 episodes of Iron Fist. "Complete crap" is an accurate description.

I watched the first episode last night and while there were obviously some things I missed I wasn't lost or anything.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:07:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I couldn't watch any more Marvel shows after DareDevil.  They take a 5 episode story arc and stretch it to 13.
View Quote
Not really, but if you want to see a good example of that though: watch TWD prison seasons.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:09:48 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm 4 episodes in and like it.  It's second only to DD IMHO.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:18:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I watched the entire thing yesterday.  I'm not a fan of killing off Daredevil.  That was a really good series.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:39:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I watched the entire thing yesterday.  I'm not a fan of .....  That was a really good series.
View Quote
Gee, thanks. I'll stop watching now.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Honestly, I'm only entertaining the idea of watching The Defenders because I want to see what they do with the Punisher.
View Quote
Marvel's The Punisher | official trailer #1 (2017)
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:03:59 PM EDT
[#24]
Daredevil is the best.
Jessica Jones 2nd.
Luke Cage and Iron Fist tied for worst.

Looking at the shots, and pacing off the first 10 minutes, Daredevil writers are making it bearable.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#25]

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2024006_The-Defenders-drops-tomorrow-on-Netflix-and-has-decent-reviews.html&r=-1&page=1&anc=67663077#i67663077
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 12:06:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:44:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Fap fap fap
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:21:04 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm almost through it and it's a pretty damn good series.  The Iron Fist actor still can't act but the director is much better so that's helping.

The only problem with these "it's all in the same universe" Marvel movies is I sit here thinking "ok, so the city of New York is in danger again and these 4 heroes are struggling to stop it but nobody has thought to get in touch with Tony Stark and bring in the heavy hitters?"

My first piece of advice after hearing the big villain's plot would be "So we're strong and all but I'm calling the Avengers on this one."

ETA:  Another thing that would really make their lives easier would be a well-trained dude with a bunch of guns who's willing to shoot the bad guys on sight... I wonder where they could find someone like that.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:44:23 PM EDT
[#30]
so when is The Punisher being released on Netflix?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:48:52 PM EDT
[#31]
I've heard Oct or Nov.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:54:34 PM EDT
[#32]
It was decent, much like all the marvel Netflix series.

Ritter was super cute.

They had some good shots, but I felt like there was an overuse of Gimbal, and a lot of what felt like purposeful shaky footage. Maybe it was the crappy bitrate of Netflix, but for as many "dark" shots as they had I was disappointed in the Weapon 8K S35. Would be interested to see it in "full" 4K.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I haven't started watching yet. Is the Punisher in it at all?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#34]
office battle scene was awesome.  Matrix like battle.  Very cool.

Ep1 and 2 were ok, but ep 3 is worth the wait.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:09:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm almost through it and it's a pretty damn good series.  The Iron Fist actor still can't act but the director is much better so that's helping.

The only problem with these "it's all in the same universe" Marvel movies is I sit here thinking "ok, so the city of New York is in danger again and these 4 heroes are struggling to stop it but nobody has thought to get in touch with Tony Stark and bring in the heavy hitters?"

My first piece of advice after hearing the big villain's plot would be "So we're strong and all but I'm calling the Avengers on this one."

ETA:  Another thing that would really make their lives easier would be a well-trained dude with a bunch of guns who's willing to shoot the bad guys on sight... I wonder where they could find someone like that.
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Episode 1
Revolver pointed at guys head-
No bullets (blanks/cases) in it, cylinder is empty from side view.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I watched the entire thing yesterday.  I'm not a fan of killing off Daredevil.  That was a really good series.
View Quote
Well...........I am not sure how to take this, or respond.

Because you either....
A) Didn't watch the whole final episode, or
B) You are trolling like a BOSS!

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:42:17 PM EDT
[#38]
See I am in the minority.

I thought Luke Cage was way worse than Iron Fist

I was able to make it through Iron Fist

I haven't been able to finish Luke Cage.

I'm excited for the Defenders and Punisher.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#40]
My only problem:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:03:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
so when is The Punisher being released on Netflix?
View Quote
All we know is sometime in 2017.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:05:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My only problem:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
She was a shit tier baddie.

They also didn't flesh out this super complicated and all powerful organization very well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:06:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ritter was super cute.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fa/e4/21/fae421cd4578793d8b8a547077547073.jpg

They had some good shots, but I felt like there was an overuse of Gimbal, and a lot of what felt like purposeful shaky footage. Maybe it was the crappy bitrate of Netflix, but for as many "dark" shots as they had I was disappointed in the Weapon 8K S35. Would be interested to see it in "full" 4K.
View Quote
She looks too much like Michael Jackson for my taste.

Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:10:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Finished it up last night .... Very excellent!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

http://popculturepon.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/9/5/60954983/973495_orig.jpeg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ritter was super cute.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fa/e4/21/fae421cd4578793d8b8a547077547073.jpg

http://popculturepon.weebly.com/uploads/6/0/9/5/60954983/973495_orig.jpeg
Well, no more fapping to Jessica Jones now.

thanks a lot, jerky!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
My only problem:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:37:44 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
I was hoping for that too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
office battle scene was awesome.  Matrix like battle.  Very cool.

Ep1 and 2 were ok, but ep 3 is worth the wait.
View Quote
I had just finished the Matrix Trilogy a few earlier and when the "CEOs" slapped out their batons and started fighting, all similarly dressed, the first thing I thought was Agent Smith.

Then the rest of the action reenforced the similarities.

Click To View Spoiler

Also, needs more:
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#49]
The theme music is a GOT rip off.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 6:47:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Watched it this week.
Was sorta disappointed.
Took forever to get the team assembled, and that left only a few episodes for any ass kicking.
Speaking of which, if I was Daredevil or Luke Cage fighting for my life against these Hand morons, I'd be pounding people into the pavement in pieces, not essentially bitch slapping them and then have them get up again so they can go for round two.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top