Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't remember my overall score, but my GT was 100. 
School grades were Bs and Cs. 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]

3.7ish GPA in college
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#3]
How can you find out your score? Took it in HS and had the Air Force hounding me. Told me I was 4th highest in school but don't ever remember seeing my score.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#4]
84 AFQT after I took the ASVAB, my recruiter made me go get my GED before they would do anything for me. Yeah, I didn't give a shit about HS.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I just spent the last couple of hours going thru my records. Couldn't find my ASVAB or GT Scores.

Dropped out of HS. got a GED, aced SAT and ACT.  Joined Army, 11b, had my choice of jobs but chose infantry.  What was I thinking?

Applied to West Point, didn't make that but got the prep-school and a scholarship. Graduated with a 3.0 and a couple of National Honor Societies that I had forgotten about.  

Commissioned in '89. Infantry. Discharged '98 as a CPT.

I have no clue what my ASVAB or GT scores were.

And yeah, I make more than $250K a year.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:24:05 PM EDT
[#6]
99 percentile on the ASVAB, 140- something GT.

I took it right after I graduated college with a 3.8 GPA in Engineering Physics.

Apparently I'm not that smart because I enlisted right after.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:35:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't take the ASVAB until after college. Had a B average in school. Got a 99 on the ASVAB. 

I'm sure it helped that I was familiar with the basic principles of combustion engines, had a little experience reading electrical diagrams and liked the spatial puzzles.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
I never joined the Military, but we did the ASVAB in HS.

The USMC recruiter was on me for a long time after that, he said I scored in the top 7%, but he was a recruiter, so... For whatever reason, the Marines were the only ones that ever came to our school.

I don't know what the score was, never bothered to find out. As far as my HS grades are concerned, they were excellent in science, history and tech, but I did as little as I could get by with in math class. I regret that now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Took the asvab in '79.  I just checked my paperwork and it only shows my line scores.
GT 120
B/C student in HS.
Infantry.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:38:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Didnt take ASVAB or didnt remember it. I could PT like a motherfucker and was accustomed to getting my ass chewed. I am not that smart.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:39:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
110 ASVAB in 1999.
Barely passed high school.
3.6 GPA when graduated from the University of Florida in 2015.
View Quote
Lol. Maybe a 110 GT.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I got a 99 two years in a row. I only took it to get out of class. The second time I was mad that I didn't get %100 because I knew I hadn't missed any of the questions. I felt better when the guy explained that 99 was the highest score.

The only thing I was interested in I was disqualified because I wear glasses. That's alright, I wouldn't have done well in the military.
View Quote
Everyone misses questions.... The test is very broad and a few of the questions are fairly advanced. 
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:58:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I goofed off a whole lot in high school.
1120 SAT
98 ASVAB
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 8:59:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't remember the actual score. All i do recall was a meeting with the the school counselor after.

"I've looked at your grade average. ASVAB score tells me you are not trying very hard."

She was correct. ...i hated HS.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:01:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I know there are a lot of rocket sturgeons here so lets compare scores.
I took the test twice, once in tech school and then the air force wouldn't stop calling and again when I was 22ish to get into my plants apprentice program.
IIRC, I got an 89 in school and I may have breathed in second hand smoke on the bus that morning, and the second time I got a 91 and was hung over as hell.
Both times I thought it was easy except for the higher math. I was never good with math and I didnt finish that part which wasnt required anyway.
In school up to 9th grade when I went into tech I was a C-D student.
Try to be realistic.
View Quote
A-grade student.
ASVAB was an interesting test, got everything in the low to high  90s, if I recall its based on a scale of 1-100.
Only got interest from one branch after taking it, the US Coast Guard Academy.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:03:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The most lying thread on arfcom.  Such a bunch of absolute horseshit.  If you lying dickheads don't post your score, on paper or from a military record site, you are a lying piece of shit.  That is 90% of you ridiculous blowhards.
View Quote
No kidding. For a test with an average score of approximately 50, there are a LOT of people out there with a score of 90+.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:07:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The most lying thread on arfcom.  Such a bunch of absolute horseshit.  If you lying dickheads don't post your score, on paper or from a military record site, you are a lying piece of shit.  That is 90% of you ridiculous blowhards.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:12:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I highly doubt that's completely the case, and I don't believe every one is telling the whole truth in this thread.

Me and one other guy in this thread can't be the only ones with the the balls to admit we were in the 70's or below, and I for sure haven't completely failed at life as so many proclaim I must have with the score I received.
View Quote
Self selection bias is a well established phenomenon.

And admit it, who helped you type this, wait let me put this in a way you can understand.......I mean who helped you make your mouth sounds into screen pictures?

Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:15:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I scored high enough for military intelligence MOS but don't remember my score.

It was so long ago. How do we look it up? Would like to know what I scored.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Dropped out of high school with Fs.  I have never taken the SAT.  Back to night school to obtain a HS diploma.  87 on ASVAB with a GT of 131.  I've been to college, it wasn't for me.  I do pretty well as a commercial construction PM.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
97 afqt in1986, medocre to poor grades in hs mostly due to boredom
FC in the navy. Work in physics research now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Everyone misses questions.... The test is very broad and a few of the questions are fairly advanced. 
View Quote
Yup. That and there are general knowledge questions (ex. Shop tools) that a high school drop out would know, but a kid that just graduated with a 3.0+ GPA would not.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:18:03 PM EDT
[#25]
89th percentile.

128 GT Score.

I did horrible in high school.  1.9 GPA.  Barely graduated.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
89th percentile.

128 GT Score.

I did horrible in high school.  1.9 GPA.  Barely graduated.
View Quote
There seems to be a pattern developing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:22:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My 99 score wife who shipped as an SPC because of her degree enlisted... as a cook. She wanted somebody to pay her student loans.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it's not like the ASVAB is hard. The only people that didn't end up with high scores are the same people who need to be told to close their mouths and they ended up as cooks or truck drivers in the Army.
My 99 score wife who shipped as an SPC because of her degree enlisted... as a cook. She wanted somebody to pay her student loans.
Problem is you think a 70s score is bad when it really is pretty good.

My wife was a doctor, shes a pilot now, would probably score in the 30s. As far as multitasking and office work (law firm) she has it going on where I would be lost and looking out the window at squrrels.

But hand her a wrench?  Explain to her that righty tighty does not apply when the bolt is upsidedown?

Her eyeballs spin like slot machine wheels.

Things like l/w/h simply confound her.

Drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:29:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Self selection bias is a well established phenomenon.

And admit it, who helped you type this, wait let me put this in a way you can understand.......I mean who helped you make your mouth sounds into screen pictures?

View Quote
Laughing so hard I woke up my co worker.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:30:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I was lazy in hs and didn't do homework...was too busy working and chasing tail, so I was a C-D student.

ASVAB was 98 percentile.

ACT score was 34.

Did not take SAT.

Still regret to this day not going .mil with those scores. Only reason I didn't was because my father was pushing me to do it, and we didn't get along very well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 12:33:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I just spent the last couple of hours going thru my records. Couldn't find my ASVAB or GT Scores.

Dropped out of HS. got a GED, aced SAT and ACT.  Joined Army, 11b, had my choice of jobs but chose infantry.  What was I thinking?

Applied to West Point, didn't make that but got the prep-school and a scholarship. Graduated with a 3.0 and a couple of National Honor Societies that I had forgotten about.  

Commissioned in '89. Infantry. Discharged '98 as a CPT.

I have no clue what my ASVAB or GT scores were.

And yeah, I make more than $250K a year.
View Quote
Awesome, bro!

Got a spare $24?

and...

how's the cow?
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#31]
I never saw my ASVAB scores. I know I needed at least a 55 at the time just to get into the Air Force. And I know I scored high enough for the job I wanted, which was to be a Loadmaster. I waited a year and half for someone to retire so I could get that job. I also know there were three different versions of the test they were doing at that time. I know this because some absolutely stupid guy who couldn't multiply 12 times 12 unless he had ten minutes and a calculator was rubbing it in my face that he had a higher score than me. When I asked the recruiter how that was possible he told me about the three different versions of the test and said I got the hardest one while the idiot got the easiest.

As for school. I hated it. It was far too boring and monotonous and the people were shit. I had C's and D's because I never did the homework or the projects but almost always got 95 to 100% on any test, unless I was required to show my work, which I never did because I could do it in my head. My teachers hated me because I was always the smartest kid in the class but I never participated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 1:48:20 AM EDT
[#32]

3.7 HS GPA

3.86 GPA college
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#33]
All your nuclear technicians are belong to this thread. I was not one of them.

I graduated HS with 1.8 GPA out of 4.0
51 on the ASVAB. I know i scored really high on the math, but not so much with the other things.
Went to College about 10 years later and kind of screwed off my last few semesters.  My GPA was 3.15 out of 4.0. BS in Accounting.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:25:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
95 on the ASVAB, 134 something GT score. I enlisted 11B 

Edited, since you changed the title,

B-C student in HS, I never had to actually apply myself or work. I then got into a military college and did poorly the first few years at college, mostly because I had no idea how to work or study in a scholastic environment. I left school and came back a year or so ago and graduated in May with a BA in Int Affairs w/ a ME focus. If you only count my GPA from my last two years I would have a 3.66 

eta the actual scores
View Quote
Funny. I got a 93 on the ASVAB, had a 134 GT score, and enlisted 11B1P. Recruiters tried to talk me into commo/intel jobs, but I told them airborne infantry or I was walking.

Was an A/B student in school.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:36:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
99 on the ASVAB in 19921991.
View Quote
The EDPT at MEPS was pretty fucked up.  I didn't even finish, but I still kicked the shit out of it.  Every USAF job was open to me.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:37:06 AM EDT
[#36]
I had a 4.0 in H.S. I read Tolkien during the lectures and never did homework. I had dirt on all of my teachers anyways. Then the supers  deducted for absenteeism(I skipped ALOT) . I BARELY had enuff credits to graduate. It was TOTALLY worth it. I've never even told a good skip day story here...It would not be CoC compliant.

I must have aced the ASVAB,  because the recruiters JUST_KEPT_CALLING.

Link Posted: 8/11/2017 2:38:44 AM EDT
[#37]
3 guys I knew with 50 raw score ASVAB and 2 were dangerously stupid, the 3rd was an asshole
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:09:52 AM EDT
[#38]
96 AFQT, Marine GT 129, HS gpa 2.7
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:11:42 AM EDT
[#39]
I never took the ASVAB, I probably should have.

I took the AFOQT, though, and scored 79 pilot, 90 nav, 87 Academic Aptitude, 94 verbal, and 70 quantitative.  Would have been interesting to see how my scores compared to the asvab.  

I had around a 3.75 GPA from high school and a 3.27 with an engineering degree from college.  I'll be heading to Air Force OTS in january and after that I'll go to CSO training.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:19:37 AM EDT
[#40]
ASVAB. GT 129

School was various grades...
Math was B-/C+ 
English was C-/D because I did not give 2 shits about literature or composition (had to take to graduate) and did the minimum to get by.
History / Social Studies was B

Electronics, engineering concepts, CAD, plastics, hot metals, and other various shop classes was A/A+
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:21:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I've never even told a good skip day story here...It would not be CoC compliant.
View Quote
Well it can't be pussy, if you were a Tolkien guy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:24:18 AM EDT
[#42]
What is this GT people keep mentioning?  Must be after my time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:30:54 AM EDT
[#43]
Main score no idea. GT was 120. I barely passed High School. Had to do a correspondence course to graduate.

Aviator
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:34:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
What is this GT people keep mentioning?  Must be after my time.
View Quote
General Technical. Was one of the main scores to open up various jobs to you.

Aviator
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#45]
For the haters.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 10:47:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There seems to be a pattern developing.
View Quote
mom said i am a late bloomer!
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 3:50:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Here it is for the unbelievers. Straight from MOL. AFQT is 99 and GT is 150.

@Chaireborne
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#48]

B-C in HS
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:15:21 PM EDT
[#49]
St 119
Gt117
3.6 out of of 4.0 in high school.
Honors in service school and pldc, earned MSM at 26.
2nd in LPN and 2nd in RN program

Not dumb but not that smart.
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 4:53:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Took it senior year in High school while taking advanced math classes and basic physics.

Went on to become a civil engineer.

3.5 High school gpa

Had a 99 on asvab.

For some reason the marine recruiter wouldn't stop pressing me. Even bought me lunch etc. I wasn't rude but politely asked him that I thought the marines were for the not so bright fellows.

Edit: I see chairborne doesn't believe some folks. I know I remembered the score as my friends and I were all competitive in everything with each other. It was the only thing I crushed them on. Seemed like it was math and logic based which was my strength and not theirs. One buddy went on to be a phd in biology and the other an attorney but math wasn't their thing.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top