Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2001 8:35:22 AM EDT
If you anticipate good service, communications and ordered items from [b]AR_parts[/b], aka MCM Munitions, Blackburg, VA 34604, [b]BEWARE[/b]! I refer you to the following post that triggered this rant www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm?id=6311 . I ordered two lower parts kits and sent a money order for the final quoted total price. To make a long story short, after two emails and an unreturned phone call, my money order was returned (thankfully) yesterday with no explanation as to why I did not receive the ordered items. The only response from my inquiries was that ‘he/she/they’ was/were out of town for a month and the order would be shipped within a week.

The kits were to complete ARs for a college graduation present for my daughter and a birthday gift for a VN vet I met through my best friend. So to [b]AR15_parts[/b], may your Suite #500-340 on 125 North Main Street be cursed with the spirits of rolling blackouts, broken plumbing, rent increases and IRS visits! I don’t know if you are a wannabe true business or just a part/small time ’let’s vacuum the garage floor and package some kits’ outfit, but if I can have any impact on your future, count on me!

For those that may question the validity of my story, I can provide the emails I sent and received. Alas, as for the unreturned phone call, all I can say is try it for yourself. I got a recording. Hopefully you won’t.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:44:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Rent Increases, maybe.

IRS Visits unlikely.

Broken Plumbing and Rolling Blackouts--not really.

Kind of hard to do to a Mailboxes, Etc. address.

I understand that the owner (I e-mailed him a while back--year or two about some uppers--told him that since my Parents live there, I would be visiting in a few months, and wanted to see what uppers he had.  Turns out he only orders from his distributor when he gets a customer's order) is actually a student, got a job out of the area, and had to start immediately.  So he wound up having to leave the business cold.  I don't know about the status of any old orders, new orders, etc.  

Good luck to all who are having problems.

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:38:59 AM EDT
[#3]
GS,
I've heavily relied on the brother/sisterhood here on AR15.com. That's why I posted what I did. I've seen other 'heads up' and appreciate others relating their issues.

Had AR_parts just posted on this board where they advertised that there were issues, I would have not ranted as I did. To be told an order will be shipped and then nothing... max PO'd.

Thanks for the Bower's link. I daily go to the non-NFA board and have found some terrific values.

AFARR,
It's not the actual curse that counts. I'm just hoping that the 'spirit' of my disappointment gets through.

I also hope that others that have dealt with them are having no problems.

Link Posted: 5/4/2001 11:47:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the heads up......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top