Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Posted: 7/15/2017 10:31:20 PM EDT
Walk on, Walk on with hope in your heart and You'll Never Walk Alone

Pre-season action, transfers and International tours!
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#1]

YNWA

Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:12:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the U.S. men's team did beat Nicaragua tonight by three goals to win B class in Concacaf and qualify for the quarter finals.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well the U.S. men's team did beat Nicaragua tonight by three goals to win B class in Concacaf and qualify for the quarter finals.
View Quote
Crap, I forgot to watch!

The men's team is picking up steam,  some of the young Americans are looking good and getting some good experience overseas Pulisic especially.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:19:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:39:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Is Van Persie comming back to Premier, whats gonna happen to Rooney, and is Gareth Bale headed to the  Premier ?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:00:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
whats gonna happen to Rooney
View Quote
Rooney signed with Everton, and Lukaku left Everton and is going to be playing for the mancs.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Chelsea beat Fulham 8-2 in their first friendly today; Mat Miazga got the USA the third goal "we" needed to win the group, and the transfer of Bakayoko (I don't think he improves the team just yet) from Monaco went through finally so it was a pretty good day.

Transfer season has been shit so far.  Chelsea not only need a striker since Conte and Diego had another falling out, they need someone to complement Hazard on the right and a left wingback.

Rooney is back at Everton.  Chelsea could sure use Bale.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Ask and you shall receive!!!

ManU 5-2 over LA.  

Feels good man.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:08:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll be renewing the fantasy league this year.  If you want in and haven't played before, sign up here, and use this code 509142-120478 to join in.  If you have trouble joining shoot me a message.

Yall should jump in (and I should pay attention at the end of the season this year), it's been fun.  2 years ago I gave the winner a 10 pack of Pmags, didn't set any prize last year but we could again this year if enough people play and are interested in doing so.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 5:30:13 AM EDT
[#11]
We still have 6 weeks in the transfer window.  Here is the link from last year's thread that has

EPL Transfers - Sales & Loans

You can also get to the transfers for all the other leagues from there.

Thanks for getting this new thread set up!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:20:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll be rooting for Millwall!  
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 10:44:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ask and you shall receive!!!

ManU 5-2 over LA.  

Feels good man.
View Quote
Haha. Did they field a real XI?
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We still have 6 weeks in the transfer window.  Here is the link from last year's thread that has

EPL Transfers - Sales & Loans

You can also get to the transfers for all the other leagues from there.

Thanks for getting this new thread set up!
View Quote
Thanks for the link!
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 8:18:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'll be rooting for Millwall!  
View Quote
I almost bought a Millwall shirt but sent the guy some beer money instead
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 9:16:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Chelsea beat Fulham 8-2 in their first friendly today; Mat Miazga got the USA the third goal "we" needed to win the group, and the transfer of Bakayoko (I don't think he improves the team just yet) from Monaco went through finally so it was a pretty good day.

Transfer season has been shit so far.  Chelsea not only need a striker since Conte and Diego had another falling out, they need someone to complement Hazard on the right and a left wingback.

Rooney is back at Everton.  Chelsea could sure use Bale.
View Quote
Bale is way out of the price range, and relatively injury prone. Guy can't seem to play a whole season.

I think Aubameyang is pretty much done except the formalities. Same with Danilo. (fingers are crossed)

As far as complementing Hazard, I like Willian better than Pedro, but I'm fine with either.

GO BLUES!!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:16:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Bale is way out of the price range, and relatively injury prone. Guy can't seem to play a whole season.

I think Aubameyang is pretty much done except the formalities. Same with Danilo. (fingers are crossed)

As far as complementing Hazard, I like Willian better than Pedro, but I'm fine with either.

GO BLUES!!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/421675/Chelsea-PL-255881.JPG
View Quote
Watching the scoring race between Lewandowski and Aubameyang in the Bundesliga was fun
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:32:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I hope Willian has a resurgence this year.  He's too good to be riding a bench.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll be renewing the fantasy league this year.  If you want in and haven't played before, sign up here, and use this code 509142-120478 to join in.  If you have trouble joining shoot me a message.

Yall should jump in (and I should pay attention at the end of the season this year), it's been fun.  2 years ago I gave the winner a 10 pack of Pmags, didn't set any prize last year but we could again this year if enough people play and are interested in doing so.
View Quote
I'm in going to see if I can repeat.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hopefully I'll remember to keep my team up this season
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Haha. Did they field a real XI?
View Quote
They played two seperate 11s with spot subs.  

It's preseason friendly. It's a workout not a cup tie.
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/18/2017 8:44:35 PM EDT
[#24]
So the rumor mill says Neymar is going to PSG after they activated his release clause.   If it's true than wow $256,416,660.00 ...and simple folk say this is a commie sport.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:44:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#26]
View Quote
I hope I have to eat crow but I really don't see lukaku being a better player than morata at a big club. Evertons style suited him.  But i dont think his first touch and hold up play is nearly up to speed for a top club.

I wish United would be done with mourinho and Woodward. It pains me to watch the team's defensive style now and I watched every game last season. I don't want lvg back but it ain't any better with the current clown.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote
I always liked him when he was at Juve. Though he's not a physical beast like Lukaku, I think he will adapt to the rough and tumble English game quicker than, say, Pedro did.  The article also mentions that Conte signed for two more years as manager at £9.6M/yr - most in EPL.

Meanwhile Wenger and Arsenal muddle along. Yes, Lacazette is a huge signing but who the hell is Sead Kolasinac (left-back, free transfer from Schalke). Joel Campbell comes back from loan. They sell Szczesny (who I always liked) to Juve and let Sanogo go on a free transfer. Not a lot of added depth for Thursday night Europa League football and that's not something Arsene has had to deal with in the EPL. Going to be a long season.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:51:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Balls to you all. This is West Brom's year.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 6:00:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:19:38 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote
$13 mil is a steal in today's soccernomics.  I'm glad...I like watching him play.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote
Crazy Joe Hart returns to the EPL on loan to West Ham after his year in Serie A. Hope he speaks some  Espanol for his "tunnel talk" so Chicharito understands.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 8:20:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Are we doing the fantasy league again?  I'm in.

Remind me how to register.
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 9:04:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Crazy Joe Hart returns to the EPL on loan to West Ham after his year in Serie A. Hope he speaks some  Espanol for his "tunnel talk" so Chicharito understands.
View Quote
Chicharito speaks English, he's a Raiders fan and Posted a video on FB in English.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 6:45:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Chicharito speaks English, he's a Raiders fan and Posted a video on FB in English.
View Quote
Thanks. He'll probably wish he didn't after one of Joe's stream of consciousness pep talks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:01:09 PM EDT
[#35]
Good preseason so for for ManU.

Its always a good day when you can take a win from your noisy neighbors.

Its preseason. Everything is training. Don't get injured and get better with your mates.

Good to see Hernandez back on the EPL. I always liked his game and was sad to see him go. He has goals in him.

Pretty sweet goal by RL last night, all be it from a botched play by goal keeper.

Watch the ESPN 30-30 on Georgie Best this week. Very compelling.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#36]
You will never walk alone
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:33:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Are we doing the fantasy league again?  I'm in.

Remind me how to register.
View Quote
We are.  Once you log on you should be able to just renew your leagues, which will add you back into the Arf league.

But if that doesn't work and if anyone else wants to join, here is the code to join the league: 509142-120478
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Liverpool, Premier League Champions!!! (*)

(*)  Premier League Asia Trophy champions    

( Leicester 1 : 2 Liverpool )

Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#39]
ps
BARCA can go and fly a kite, he's not leaving LFC...

ASSIST to tie it up
https://streamable.com/6ey72

GOAL to win it
https://my.mixtape.moe/brmcya.mp4
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone here play video games and planning to pick up FIFA 18?
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:51:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Liverpool, Premier League Champions!!! (*)

(*)  Premier League Asia Trophy champions    

( Leicester 1 : 2 Liverpool )

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/live-experience/cps/480/cpsprodpb/vivo/live/images/2017/7/22/cfd9995f-e26c-479c-8fc1-65f2c0637b4e.png
View Quote
I've been so out of it the past few days I haven't been able to catch it. Great to see some chemistry starting.

Mané needs to get into the mix and get things moving
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 7:51:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

ps

ASSIST to tie it up

GOAL to win it
View Quote
Yes!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I've been so out of it the past few days I haven't been able to catch it.
View Quote
https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6p0wkd/rewatch_full_game_lfc_vs_lcfc_full_hd/?st=j5gtr6su&sh=4a8f9902

ps
keep in mind the temperature/humidity at kickoff was 93'F at 75% RH -- so as you might expect the 2nd half was at a slower pace, especially given the organizers of this friendly tournament limited the number of subs to 4.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:28:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ps

ASSIST to tie it up

GOAL to win it
View Quote
Barca can piss up a rope, we need these guys to stay together!  Salah is a great compliment to this team and is an incredible workhorse!  If Mane' can get back into this mix an awful lot of teams will be terrified by the speed of this offense.  

Now if we could just get the defense in order...
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 7:47:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Anyone here play video games and planning to pick up FIFA 18?
View Quote
Yep, I pre-ordered for PS4
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 8:13:21 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm in again, this year.
ManU, maybe not so much.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Good game last night.  My friends and I were talking about how it would be nice to see a young forward come along that could possibly replace Dempsey some day.  I'm not sure Morris is that good, but he's had a great tourney.  I'm curious to see what Bobby Wood looks like after a year in the Bundesliga.  I'm still not a fan of Altidore, and likely never will be.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:32:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Good game last night.  My friends and I were talking about how it would be nice to see a young forward come along that could possibly replace Dempsey some day.  I'm not sure Morris is that good, but he's had a great tourney.  I'm curious to see what Bobby Wood looks like after a year in the Bundesliga.  I'm still not a fan of Altidore, and likely never will be.
View Quote
Morris is good, Wood could be very good,  Nagbe looked good and Pulisic is a beast.

Things are looking up. We need a young keeper. Timmy is getting old and Guzan is well Guzan.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 2:34:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yep, I pre-ordered for PS4
View Quote
So did I. This might be the game that gets me into playing online in leagues.
Link Posted: 7/27/2017 3:16:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Morris is good, Wood could be very good,  Nagbe looked good and Pulisic is a beast.

Things are looking up. We need a young keeper. Timmy is getting old and Guzan is well Guzan.
View Quote
So true.  I had hopes for Andre Blake (I follow him with the Union; he's phenomenal talent and only 25) until I saw him playing for Jamaica against Mexico.  Didn't know he was Jamaican.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 35
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top