Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 7/8/2017 10:43:16 AM EDT

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/07/07/11-teens-hospitalized-after-consuming-gummy-bears-reportedly-laced-with-thc.html

"Police in Indiana reported that 11 teenagers became ill and had to be hospitalized after they consumed gummy bears reportedly laced with THC, a substance associated with and found in marijuana.

La Porte County Police said they are investigating the incident after they received a call asking for medical assistance, according to WNDU. When police arrived at the home, they found a 19 year-old man outside the residence."

<snip>

“The male told Deputy Phillips that he had ingested an unknown type drug and was ill and wanted to go to the emergency room,” a press release from the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office stated.

The young man said his friends, who were at a house nearby, also consumed the drug.

Police were able to locate the home where they discovered the other male and female teenagers, aged between 18 to 19-years-old."
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Please let them be the sugar free, shit inducing gummy bears.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:45:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:45:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Morons. Edibles are no joke and will make you feel like you are dying. You won't though
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#4]
LSD has THC in it?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:47:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh, these things happen when you normalize illicit drugs.

ZFG
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:47:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Those aren't my gummy bears. I just ate em. But they're not mine. Pls halp.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#7]
victim-less crime, well you know except for the massive amount of money wasted on stupid assholes.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, these things happen when you normalize illicit drugs.

ZFG
View Quote
Booze is far worse.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:52:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#10]
pussies
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:55:14 AM EDT
[#11]
I bet it was more than "just" THC.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:00:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
I doubt it, edibles aren't something to fuck with. Some gummy bears are one to five servings, if you eat a full one you're going to evaluate what you said in elementary school.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:01:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not necessarily. Different high than smoking and some are pretty damn strong. Prob just got to high and felt sick.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:03:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Not necessarily. Different high than smoking and some are pretty damn strong. Prob just got to high and felt sick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Terminal munchies?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Terminal munchies?
View Quote
More like terminal can't get of the fucking couch lol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Ah, 11 brilliant folks did the old, "it has been over 30 minutes and we don't feel anything.  Let's take another one."

I read about that happening once before in the '70's.  Just once though, nobody has ever done it since...

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:05:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Something is not normal if 11 of them freaked out.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Edibles can be a whole lot like shrooms depending on dosage and tolerance...

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:07:52 AM EDT
[#20]
All they needed was to sit in a dark room and listen to some greatful dead for about 6 hours.
Problem solved.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
One freaked out.  Then it spread and everyone else got convinced they were also doomed.  Always happens like that.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#22]
lightweights for sure.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:10:13 AM EDT
[#23]
What kind of candy assed 18yo needs to go to the emergency room for pot.  Rofl.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:10:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sounds like it may have just been the one guy who freaked out enough to call 911, then he ratted out his friends when the cops found him outside.

As far as I know there would be no need to actually hospitalize them for consuming THC, except to make sure there weren't other chemicals involved.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:11:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
All they needed was to sit in a dark room and listen to some greatful dead for about 6 hours.
View Quote
Allman Brothers.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#26]
I thought I had been assured by GD that THC was perfectly safe, no side effects, good for you, health supplement?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#27]
Snozberries taste like snozberry.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I'll bet it wasn't.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:14:48 AM EDT
[#29]
What a fucking pussy,I remember being a kid and having a little blood in my drug stream
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:15:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I thought I had been assured by GD that THC was perfectly safe, no side effects, good for you, health supplement?
View Quote
Getting high is not a side effect.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:15:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What kind of candy assed 18yo needs to go to the emergency room for pot.  Rofl.
View Quote
ITT we see several people who have no clue about edibles.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#32]
You can't tell me they didn't know what they were taking.  Bet they took something else too.  D*mb azzez.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:19:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You can't tell me they didn't know what they were taking.  Bet they took something else too.  D*mb azzez.
View Quote
People who think they are dying from edibles is a daily occurance in the ER my wife works at..
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#34]
male and female teenagers, aged between 18 to 19-years-old
View Quote
"teenagers"
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:21:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
if the dumb shits each went and bought a bag and ate the whole thing, yeah it's normal because you are only supposed to have a couple of them.

I know a "guy" that went to the recreational pot shop and ate a whole brownie and was jacked up for the next 12 hours, the wife did it too and was.messed up into the next day
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sounds like it may have just been the one guy who freaked out enough to call 911, then he ratted out his friends when the cops found him outside.

As far as I know there would be no need to actually hospitalize them for consuming THC, except to make sure there weren't other chemicals involved.
View Quote
my nephew went to the hospital after he smoked pot for the first time, but he was also born at 24 weeks and has always been wired a little different. Good thing now is he won't even have a single beer, he didn't want to feel messed up
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#37]
So boring, never understood the allure of pot or any drug like that.  If I was going to do drugs, I would do something that jacked me up.  I am too mellow normally lol.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:37:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Problem solved.
View Quote
Pink Floyd dude
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:40:08 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

ITT we see several people who have no clue about edibles.
View Quote
Had a neighbor bring some back from Co.

According to her, "ahem" , the potency of edibles- candy, cookies etc far exceeds a toke or two.

And apparently delay of effect has people ingesting far more than necessary for a "buzz".

"Reefer madness" might have been bs, but "Edible Lunacy" is for real.

Really.

Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Did any of them die or suffer any real harm?  No?  Thought so
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:43:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think your just making things up based on your feels.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

According to her, "ahem" , the potency of edibles- candy, cookies etc far exceeds a toke or two.

And apparently delay of effect has people ingesting far more than necessary for a "buzz".

Really.

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Edibles can certainly mess somebody up if they have too much(speaking from past experience), but going to the ER over it is a serious bitch move.  I mean at worst you'll get all paranoid and feel sick.  Generally you can just lay down in a dim room and play some nice music and ride the experience out without issue.  It's idiots like this who add to the "Pot sending people to the ER statistic" when they were never in any real danger whatsoever.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:47:12 AM EDT
[#44]
When someone like Joe Rogan talks about how strong some edibles are, they're probably pretty strong.  Live and learn, I guess.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:51:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
When someone like Joe Rogan talks about how strong some edibles are, they're probably pretty strong.  Live and learn, I guess.
View Quote
I do think it's somewhat stupid how strong they make edibles.  They'll make gummy bears where a dose is like 2 gummies.  Chocolate bars where somebody is supposed to eat like 1/10 of the bar.  Cookies where you're supposed to eat like 1/4 of the cookie.  The people selling these should be required to set the dosage to amounts that people would actually eat.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
my nephew went to the hospital after he smoked pot for the first time, but he was also born at 24 weeks and has always been wired a little different. Good thing now is he won't even have a single beer, he didn't want to feel messed up
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not saying people don't feel like they need to go to the hospital because of THC, but that as far as I know they don't need to go to the hospital.
What would they do for these people in the hospital besides reassure them that they aren't actually in danger?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:58:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I do think it's somewhat stupid how strong they make edibles.  They'll make gummy bears where a dose is like 2 gummies.  Chocolate bars where somebody is supposed to eat like 1/10 of the bar.  Cookies where you're supposed to eat like 1/4 of the cookie.  The people selling these should be required to set the dosage to amounts that people would actually eat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree, although different people will want a different doses and it shouldn't be that hard to figure out how much to eat.  Are people really eating half a chocolate bar with THC because they want half a bar of chocolate?  My impression is they underestimate the strength or the onset time.

A reporter did something like this when it became legal, going and eating a massive dose of edibles and then freaking out.  I'm not surprised teenagers would overestimate their ability to handle the strength of edibles.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 11:59:02 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I doubt it, edibles aren't something to fuck with. Some gummy bears are one to five servings, if you eat a full one you're going to evaluate what you said in elementary school.
View Quote
That is the exact problem... no standards. Give someone who is high snacks but tell them they can only eat one...... or 1 bite or 1 little piece. Its stupid
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:04:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Edibles can certainly mess somebody up if they have too much(speaking from past experience), but going to the ER over it is a serious bitch move.  I mean at worst you'll get all paranoid and feel sick.  Generally you can just lay down in a dim room and play some nice music and ride the experience out without issue.  It's idiots like this who add to the "Pot sending people to the ER statistic" when they were never in any real danger whatsoever.
View Quote
The problem is, people don't know that.

The whole cannabis scene now is not like the " Happy, Hungry" stuff in the '60s and '70s.

Increasingly potent strains constantly developed and "improved", oil extracts and distillations, infusion into edibles, vapeable formulations, etc.

What once was a naturally occurring herb, with many beneficial effects and few genuine negatives (imho), has become something else entirely.

And (imho) has become a dangerous thing.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really.

View Quote
THC metabolizes in the liver to become a FAR more psychoactive drug (11-hydroxy-delta-9-THC) which takes longer to kick in and if you are eating pot candy, you've likely already toked up some fairly high THC level weed before hand.

The combined effect of stoned introspection and paranoia, combined with the far more potent 11-hydroxy metabolite, leads to people freaking the hell out.

When someone sitting on the west coast, smoking the most advanced strains of THC, pics up a microphone and makes it a point to tell you that edibles are not to be fucked with...you should likely listen.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top