[#1]
What's the usual price?
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What's the usual price?
View Quote

https://camelcamelcamel.com/Kershaw-Knives-1556TI-Pocket-Knife/product/B00AU6NWP4
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What's the usual price?
View Quote
$26ish
See @SpudCrushr post above.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:32:51 AM EDT
[#4]
By 2 seconds.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:35:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Meh. Life is too short to carry Chinese knives. The difference between American and chicom kershaws is pretty significant IME.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:39:30 AM EDT
[#6]
I like how thin the Cryo is, but I hate that there's no jimping on the frame lock because muh thumbs......
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Meh. Life is too short to carry Chinese knives. The difference between American and chicom kershaws is pretty significant IME.
View Quote
I have a whole bunch of both (Leeks, Scallions, Chives, Blurs, etc etc), and the Cryo is pretty good.  Worth $20, easy, especially if you want a beater that you won't feel guilty about beating.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yea 

I had the cryo and cryo 2. 

They weren't bad I guess. Especially for the price. But they were pretty underwhelming. I sold them. 
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:46:06 AM EDT
[#9]
I've owned one. It's an good blade design but every single speedsafe knife I've had has broken the little spring and became just a lethargic folder.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#10]
That was teh exact same one I bought to take on vacation with me the last time I went to Las Vegas because I didn't want to lose a good knife in my checked baggage...$19 IIRC.

TSA left an inspection note in my suitcase...along with my Chinese Kershaw WITH THE TIP SNAPPED OFF!

I chuckled to myself thinking about the TSA REtard that must have opened it and the assisted opening spring must have scared the shit out of them and made them drop it on a concrete floor.
I hope they cut themselves good on it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#11]
I bought one last year for my brother.  I paid $30 then.  I don't need a new knife but for $20 its really tempting...
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 10:57:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've owned one. It's an good blade design but every single speedsafe knife I've had has broken the little spring and became just a lethargic folder.
View Quote
I have to admit that my Cryo has broken two springs. Both times Kershaw replaced the spring and sharpened the blade free of charge.

My Cryo is my favorite EDC knife. I dont feel bad about beating on it, and if I lose it I'm not going to cry in the corner over it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kershaw will send you that little spring for free, and it takes maybe 10 minutes to change it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#14]
I gave my Cryo away, it was too heavy for it's size and what was the point of the thumb studs? They were useless.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I got one for xmas and use it for edc. It's cheap and it's my favorite knife. Does everything I need it to do.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
By 2 seconds.
View Quote
Bastid!

You had the camelcamelcamel link ready though!
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:14:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Just ordered one. Had $20 in points from my amazon card, so free knife. 

Thanks for the heads up OP
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hate to say it, but some top notch knives are being made in China and Taiwan. I have a Reate that I would like more than my Sebenza if I weren't mentally prejudiced by the price and patriotism. My favorite Spyderco (Southard flipper) is made in Taichung Taiwan.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Kershaw will send you that little spring for free, and it takes maybe 10 minutes to change it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They will? Cool.

I have several Kershaw knives that are part of my EDC rotation.
All now suffer from assisted opener ED.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:06:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Hate to say it, but some top notch knives are being made in China and Taiwan. I have a Reate that I would like more than my Sebenza if I weren't mentally prejudiced by the price and patriotism. My favorite Spyderco (Southard flipper) is made in Taichung Taiwan.
View Quote
Truth.  I think the best Chinese knife makers are a few years behind the best Tawainese knife makers, but they are closing fast.

The Chinese are starting to crank out some really nice flashlights, too.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:08:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#23]
No longer available at that price from that seller. Back up to $26
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#24]
Delete. Dupe
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top