Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2017 11:50:24 AM EDT
But rank-and-file Democrats say the Russia-Trump narrative is simply a non-issue with district voters, who are much more worried about bread-and-butter economic concerns like jobs, wages and the cost of education and healthcare.

In the wake of a string of special-election defeats, an increasing number of Democrats are calling for an adjustment in party messaging, one that swings the focus from Russia to the economy. The outcome of the 2018 elections, they say, hinges on how well the Democrats manage that shift. 

“We can't just talk about Russia because people back in Ohio aren't really talking that much about Russia, about Putin, about Michael Flynn,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told MSNBC Thursday. “They're trying to figure out how they're going to make the mortgage payment, how they're going to pay for their kids to go to college, what their energy bill looks like.  

“And if we don't talk more about their interest than we do about how we're so angry with Donald Trump and everything that's going on,” he added, “then we're never going to be able to win elections.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/339248-dems-push-leaders-to-talk-less-about-russia
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Bigly!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
 the glorious meltdown continues  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Da! Bros' s oderzhimost'yu!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:56:02 AM EDT
[#4]
The coastal elites are to arrogant to listen.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh no, by all means, please continue.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:56:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
 the glorious meltdown continues  
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#7]
But stupid, meritless distractions are all they have to offer.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:58:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought Pelosi said the democrats were going to win 1,200 seats in the mid-terms?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:05:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The democrats went to an auction for folding chairs and lost.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Meanwhile, Trump is the only person in Washington even voicing any of the concerns

those people have.  No wonder they keep losing.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

“We can't just talk about Russia because people back in Ohio aren't really talking that much about Russia, about Putin, about Michael Flynn,” Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio) told MSNBC Thursday. “They're trying to figure out how they're going to make the mortgage payment, how they're going to pay for their kids to go to college, what their energy bill looks like.
View Quote

You only need 36 more caucus votes, Timmy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#12]
TOP kek.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Notice they don't say that the Russia thing isn't true. It's just that Joe Sixpack in middle America doesn't care. Even when they get it they don't get it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:18:45 PM EDT
[#14]
I have heard many say that due to the Georgia loss (where they ran a moderate campaign), they need to go more progressive and left in their message.  Oh God please!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#15]
No, they need to spend the next 3-1/2 years focusing on Russia.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No, they need to spend the next 3-1/2 years focusing on Russia.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Obama played the birth certificate issue for his entertainment.  Trump is playing the muh Russia issue to MAGA.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:25:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. Keep hammering shit nobody cares about. Russia Russia Russia trump is racist mysogonist bigot racist who's creating jobs and making America great again.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:26:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Meanwhile, Trump is the only person in Washington even voicing any of the concerns

View Quote
Shut your mouth!  We can't let them know why they keep losing.  Shhhhhh. Never interrupt the enemy when he's fucking himself.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:26:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:26:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have heard many say that due to the Georgia loss (where they ran a moderate campaign), they need to go more progressive and left in their message.  Oh God please!!
View Quote
DO IT FAGGOTS!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Shut your mouth!  We can't let them know why they keep losing.  Shhhhhh. Never interrupt the enemy when he's fucking himself.
View Quote
It doesn't matter.  Many already understand but simply can't help themselves.  Liberalism is a mental disorder.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Wait until they discover Trump prefers Russian dressing on his burgers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
+87. These folks are too stupid to realize we saved them from themselves.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:36:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Please stop the Russia narrative, yall are way to close to finding out the truth.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Obama played the birth certificate issue for his entertainment.  Trump is playing the muh Russia issue to MAGA.
View Quote
Forensic document experts proved that the so-called birth certificate was a clumsy forgery.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:43:05 PM EDT
[#27]
I'd say most of America on both sides of the aisle is tired of the DC political wars over nothing, especially when most of America seems to be the casualty of it.  Economy is still stagnant, insurance premiums skyrocketing, wages frozen, etc.

Regardless of the issue, nobody in DC seems to be focused on any sort of productive legislation (which Americans differ on what is productive of course) and totally focused on scoring points and securing more power for themselves.

We just had an election, Trump won, and people I think in general just want to see the Government function and then the people will weigh in in 2020 if they like the new direction or not.  All this shit about Russians nd Flynn is stupid.  I think most Americans are fairly sane and don't believe that the incoming President had an impeachable scandal brewing before he even took office.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The coastal elites are to arrogant to listen.
View Quote
Nah, the ignorant fly-over democrats just don't know what the country needs.  Just like blacks, they need to be told what is important by the elites.

The party of equality and inclusion.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#29]
The Dem's have a huge problem.  

The moderate wing of the Democrat Party - which could help them win elections - will be kept from power by the majority of ideologue Leftists currently in power.  However, that far Left message is getting its ass kicked around the country.   In all but the most Liberal of places, their message is rejected.  

Until they understand that they have drifted too far to the Left, they will continue to lose.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Please don't throw me into that briar patch.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:57:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are right.  I'll repent by buying some ammo, and saying 7 FBHOs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:40:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAGA soldier!  Good enough. I try to do that every week, good for the soul and kek.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:51:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Please don't throw me into that briar patch.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#34]
They have absolutely nothing to offer the working person.  They used to be the party of the working man, now they are the party of the unemployed transgender muslim lover.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:02:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Definitely. The guys common sense is disconcerting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#36]
I heard David Brooks and EJ Dionne on NPR yesterday. Brooks (NPR's Trump-hating tame conservative) admitted the Russia thing is going nowhere and is a waste of time. Dionne is happy to keep digging though... I guess he hasn't got the message that nobody cares anymore.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
But stupid, meritless distractions are all they have to offer.
View Quote
^
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I thought Pelosi said the democrats were going to win 1,200 seats in the mid-terms?
View Quote
She says that she is "worth the trouble." "A Master Legislator." I think so, too. She's worth it to me.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 3:21:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Translation: please do what President Trump is doing. We need something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top