[#1]
TLDW
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
TLDW

Can we just get a list?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't take money to be rich, these must be the people that are better then me I guess.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:48:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Guilty of two out of fifteen.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
TLDW

Can we just get a list?
View Quote
Haha fine

Poor people:
  • watch a lot of tv
  • Eat fast food
  • Buy clothes or products on sale
  • Wake up later than rich people earlier in life 
  • Really into sports 
  • Don't shower as often as rich people do
  • Blame others for their misfortunes 
  • Have no money saved 
  • Use credit cards or take out loans for useless things 
  • Have more kids and earlier in life 
  • Do not do regular checks with their medic
  • Spend money before they get it
  • Surround themselves with other poor people 
  • Never follow through on their ideas or potential 
  • Believe that others should help them reach the top
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
I do like the geissele sales 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#7]
"Poor people are really into sports."

Fucking seriously?  Have those dumbfucks seen the prices of tickets to most professional sporting events?  They honestly expect me to believe "rich" people aren't into sports?

Let me sum up the video for you:  "If you do anything for leisure, you are obviously poor because rich people are too busy making money to ever do anything for entertainment.  Your entire life must be focused on amassing wealth."

What a load of horseshit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I watched it.  And it described the millennial liberal people mindset as the poor people.  

Pretty accurate
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:53:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Basically,
1. Watch too much tv
2.eat fast food (poor nutrition)
3.Buy sale clothes (affluent reject clothes)
4. Sleep too late (waste productive time sleeping)
5.Watch sports (similar to too much TV, waste time/escapism)
6.Shower less (poor hygiene)
7. Blame others for misfortunes
8.Don't save money
9.Use too much credit/loans for non-profitable reasons.
10.More kids early in life. (average kid costs ~$250,000 to raise to 18, multiple kids increase this cost burden, no money for investment early on)
11. No check ups regularly with doctor, poor heath maintenance.
13. something
14.something
15. Hang around with other poor people.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Fucking seriously?  Have those dumbfucks seen the prices of tickets to most professional sporting events?  They honestly expect me to believe "rich" people aren't into sports?

Let me sum up the video for you:  "If you do anything for leisure, you are obviously poor because rich people are too busy making money to ever do anything for entertainment.  Your entire life must be focused on amassing wealth."

View Quote
Go be poor someplace else.

The point was about watching sports on TV/ escapism.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sale of things I like/need are things I jump on.  I also use credit cards, but pay them off in full as soon as the bill arrives.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Sounds like poor people are living the dream.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Money sure as fuck leads to happiness.

I was poor once, and it sucked.  Bad.  Feels like the world is crashing down on you when bills pile up and you don't even have a few bucks to get food.   So you turn to abusing credit cards.  No one put me in that situation, I did it to myself- same as everyone.   No one else to blame.  

What you have do do is take postive action, man up, and work your way out of it.  Devleop healthy habits and educate yourself.  Thats partially what that video is talking about.  You'll die old, fat pissed off and alone if you sit there waiting for a windfall to come your way.  Positive habits and hard work are the only answer.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 9:58:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the people who buy tickets to the game aren't just as guilty of wasting time/escapism?

The video is bullshit.  I know rich people and they do at least 10 out of the 15 things on the list.  The list really should be called "things workaholics avoid because they think it's a waste of time."
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sale of things I like/need are things I jump on.  I also use credit cards, but pay them off in full as soon as the bill arrives.
View Quote
So do I. 

Don't fully understand the sale one. If I could pay $100 for something vs $75 it just shows good money management to spend less for the same item. 
But buying something just for the sake of a good deal isn't all that helpful either. Some people will say "well I saved $25". No, you spent $75. 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:00:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So the people who buy tickets to the game aren't just as guilty of wasting time/escapism?

The video is bullshit.  I know rich people and they do at least 10 out of the 15 things on the list.  The list really should be called "things workaholics avoid because they think it's a waste of time."
View Quote
Poor people watch sports on TV.

Rich people own the fucking team.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's a silly list even if some of it is true.  Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that rich people plan to buy things they need when they go on sale, and poor people impulse buy because it's on sale?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:04:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So do I. 

Don't fully understand the sale one. If I could pay $100 for something vs $75 it just shows good money management to spend less for the same item. 
But buying something just for the sake of a good deal isn't all that helpful either. Some people will say "well I saved $25". No, you spent $75. 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do I. 

They're referring to impulse buying crap you don't need.  Like two more TVs when you already have six. Things like that.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Exactly
Look who's sitting court side at NBA games or ringside at MMA or Boxing matches
Who owns / leases all the sky boxes in stadiums?
The majority of season ticket holders for College football games are alumni.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:08:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Reminds me of some one I used to work with.

He wasted hours trying to convince me that I should give him money.

All that effort, and he never got a single red cent.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#21]
In for the butthurt.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:08:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly
Look who's sitting court side at NBA games or ringside at MMA or Boxing matches
Who owns / leases all the sky boxes in stadiums?
The majority of season ticket holders for College football games are alumni.
View Quote
Are they really into it or is it one of those things they buy because they can?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
3.Buy sale clothes (affluent reject clothes)
View Quote
I'd like to hear the author explain how paying full price for clothes or anything that's a necessity, will magically make poor people richer
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:17:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dont confuse high income with rich.  Plenty of high income people look rich to an outside observer, but still live paycheck to paycheck.  There are plenty of rich plumbers, exterminators, and small business owners that appear to be solidly middle class to the outside observer.  I have a hard time believing that you know many rich people that are doing 10 things on that list.  There are exceptions to every rule, but I am willing to bet that you are confusing high income with wealth.

The book "The Millionaire Next Door"  is the classic study on the behaviors of the wealthy and how they live.  It is a bit dated, but is still a great insight into how rich people think and act differently than people that never seem to build wealth.  I recommend it to all my entry level coworkers, and have given away multiple copies to young people over the years.  The son of one of my coworkers is paying off his student loans and making investments at at pretty impressive rate for a 23 year old.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:19:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
The truly rich use the sporting events to network and close deals. They are not into sports; they are into what they can accomplish at the sporting events. That is the reason they will spend the big bucks for the club level seating and boxs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is a difference between wealthy people having leisure time and poor people who live and breath sports because they can't accomplish anything else in their life. 

If you watched the video, which you obviously didn't, it is explained.  Anything sports and tv related does not add value to your life, so if your focus on life is those activities instead of learning a new skill or advancing your career, then you will not make as much money as someone who does.  That is the difference between focusing your life on leisure or focusing on advancing your life.  It isn't a judgement on either, just the facts that one builds wealth while the other will just continue to exist with what they have.

The advice, as explained in the video, is spot on and not just about workaholics.  If you want to improve your standing the world, then start making changes that match what the video is talking about.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It's a silly list even if some of it is true.  Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that rich people plan to buy things they need when they go on sale, and poor people impulse buy because it's on sale?
View Quote
Mostly yes, but there is more to it than that.

Take cars for example.  A person that accumulates wealth at a high rate tends to buy a solid durable vehicle and drive it for years.  The value they get from durability and use far outweighs a few hundred dollars saved at the purchase.  People that under accumulate wealth, or even worse accumulate increasing debts, tend to spend a lot more time haggling and searching for a "deal" on a vehicle they can't afford in the first place.

The wealthy guy has better uses for his time than driving all over town haggling with car dealers.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:28:36 AM EDT
[#28]
 Dont confuse high income with rich
View Quote
This +1
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#29]
watched and learned something
I do know that by cutting my cable i have an extra $100 per month
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
The people that buy tickets don't go to/watch every game weekend after weekend, and week night after week night, knowing every stat about their favorite player and every stat about the players they hate.

Wasted brain power and wasted time when more productive effort could be employed to make better choices and improve ones wealth.

Sure "some wealthy" people go to games, but lots of fans put those tickets on a credit card, or buy season tickets on a credit card.

Yes they participate in escapism, but at a far, FAR fewer interval than poor people. Mostly wealthy people work an average 1000 productive hours for every 1 hour of pleasure/entertainment.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
We found a poor.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I'd like to hear the author explain how paying full price for clothes or anything that's a necessity, will magically make poor people richer
View Quote
It is the difference between buying something you need, and buying something "because it is on sale."  The conspicuous consumption crap that poor people like to display, designer clothing and such (when it is real and not fake) is almost always bought on sale.

The truth is that a good defense is one of the best strategies for accumulating wealth, and buying things you need when they are on sale is part of that defense.  Buying things because they are on sale is not.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Makes sense and many of those are obvious.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:38:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
watched and learned something
I do know that by cutting my cable i have an extra $100 per month
View Quote
That $100/month invested is a couple hundred thousand dollars down the road.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:38:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fake it till you make it.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:38:59 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Haha fine

Poor people:
  • watch a lot of tv
  • Eat fast food
  • Buy clothes or products on sale
  • Wake up later than rich people earlier in life 
  • Really into sports 
  • Don't shower as often as rich people do
  • Blame others for their misfortunes 
  • Have no money saved 
  • Use credit cards or take out loans for useless things 
  • Have more kids and earlier in life 
  • Do not do regular checks with their medic
  • Spend money before they get it
  • Surround themselves with other poor people 
  • Never follow through on their ideas or potential 
  • Believe that others should help them reach the top
View Quote
According to the video:
#16 Poor people are more religious than rich people
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:39:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Not what I was expecting, but some salient points and some  
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

If you watched the video, which you obviously didn't,
View Quote
I ain't got time for stupid internet videos... I'm too busy making money.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:52:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

According to the video:
#16 Poor people are more religious than rich people
View Quote
By and large poor countries are more religios than developed and wealthy countries.

Look at Europe and the West. Religion is fading like a sunset while third world countries are poor but still highly religious.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I ain't got time for stupid internet videos... I'm too busy making money.
View Quote
Don't lie to us, we're all friends here.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:57:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The truly rich use the sporting events to network and close deals. They are not into sports; they are into what they can accomplish at the sporting events. That is the reason they will spend the big bucks for the club level seating and boxs.
View Quote
Every NFL game I have attended as an adult has been through corporate tickets. The luxury box game day experience is about 50% business networking and 50% about the sporting event.

My wife and I will buy tickets to the Astros once or twice a year, but we have never bought expensive seats.  Do we like sports? Yes, the TV in the kitchen is always on Fox News in the mornings, and sports in the evenings.  Do we concentrate on the game?  No, it is background noise while we cook, eat, and clean, and we generally just keep up with the score, and watch snippets when the  announcer's voice gets excited, or there is enough crowd noise to indicate something notable happened.

I do read the Wall Street Journal's sports page.  It tends to be more statistics and business driven than typical sports reporting, and gives me enough knowledge to hold my own when we are bullshitting about sports before a meeting.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:01:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Not what I was expecting, but some salient points and some  
View Quote
Yep, there always seems to be confusion between cause and effect.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Funny, most of the rich people I know are religious.  Or, at least, they are active in their community churches.

Poor people?  Some are, and some aren't.

Of course, I live near the buckle of the bible belt, and that might change things a bit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Makes sense and many of those are obvious.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Own a pitbull
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:13:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Some of the wealthiest people I know buy their close on-sale/discount
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Crap. I'm about 13.5 out of 15.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Well, I do shower every day.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 11:35:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Cutting the cable was the single most significant thing I have done to improve my quality of life.  I don't watch anything, and it is great.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:44:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It is the difference between buying something you need, and buying something "because it is on sale."  The conspicuous consumption crap that poor people like to display, designer clothing and such (when it is real and not fake) is almost always bought on sale.

The truth is that a good defense is one of the best strategies for accumulating wealth, and buying things you need when they are on sale is part of that defense.  Buying things because they are on sale is not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would have been a much better point. If you're poor, don't fall into the trap of consumerism that alot of poor and middle class do. Do you really need 15 pairs of Jordans, 30 pairs of jeans, 15 purses, etc.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top