Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2001 11:09:51 PM EDT
Buddy wants to take a trip to Africa to hunt Cape Buffalo.  I figure a few years down the road, why not?

Anyone else gone there, or elsewhere in search of a hunt?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
What ya gona carrie? is it gona start with a 4?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:12:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I would have enjoyed the hunting in Rhodesia, Angola, Congo, etc. about thirty years ago...
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been able to do some hunting in Western Africa.  Warthog and some plains animals.  Never anything big.  These were opportunity hunts while working.  I always seek out the local law enforcement and government officials who like to hunt.  If you go on a pure hunting trip the license and trophy fees get real expensive.  A friend of mine just spent around $20,000 on one but had a great time!
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Went to Alaska on a fishin' trip last year ... can't wait to go again. It's really beautiful up there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:59:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Some friends at work just got back from a hunt in New Zealand. Red stag and a bunch of other exotic animals that I can't remember the names of. Country looked a lot like California. These animals were huge! I think the most expensive part is airfare. Used professional guides. From the pictures, and their grins, I'd say it was worth every penny.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:09:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By operator error:
Some friends at work just got back from a hunt in New Zealand.
View Quote

A guy I work with just got back from New Zealand from a reunion just like yours, he was a ranger and was meeting up with old buds to hunt and ride...you know anyone in Phoenix?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:16:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top