Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/24/2017 12:43:05 AM EDT
Growing up we always had dogs. But for the last 4 years I've longed for the day we don't have dogs. I love my GSD, have had her about 10 years, but I'm so fucking tired of the shedding. I'm so tired of her tripping me up and always in my way.

It used to be bearable but my wife has been bugging me for 2-3 years for another dog. I finally gave in last December. She got a spoiled 6 year old Shih Tzu. Rescued him. He's a pretty good dog but he wants it his way. And now he's obsessed with me and has to be under my feet too. So now I have him always bugging me while I work from home. And my GSD that used to be lazy and wouldn't bother me all day while I worked has to prove herself to the new asshole 24/7 so they are both up my ass all day everyday.

At night he gets scared and wants to be in bed with us and he'll go side to side for hours. All the while you hear CLICK CLICK CLICK from his nails on the floor. That noise is about to drive me fucking crazy. My wife barely cleans him, let alone cut his nails. I have to do it. Just like I have to trim his hair and take care of him all day long even though she promised I wouldn't have to. That's why I'm awake now. He started clawing on the bed. I was out hard but now I'm wide awake. And to top it off the GSD won't sleep in her bed in the living room, she wants to sleep on the floor in our room so you hear her adjusting and slopping all night.

I'm tired of it all. If I didn't work from home it wouldn't be so bad. If I put them outside he'll dig out if he's out there too long. And they will both bark non stop if he doesn't dig out. Sure, everyone will say to train them to not bark. But you try training a dog while you're at work. No it's easier to just let them back in and shut my office door. But then my office gets hot because I have a glass wall and I hear them both laying up against the door and their nails clicking every time they move and their slopping noises while they lick themselves constantly.

And don't even get me started on the house smelling like dogs.

I'm fucking over it. I need peace in my life.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
No.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#2]
No way. My dogs are my kids.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Growing up we always had dogs. But for the last 4 years I've longed for the day we don't have dogs. I love my GSD, have had her about 10 years, but I'm so fucking tired of the shedding. I'm so tired of her tripping me up and always in my way.

It used to be bearable but my wife has been bugging me for 2-3 years for another dog. I finally gave in last December. She got a spoiled 6 year old Shih Tzu. Rescued him. He's a pretty good dog but he wants it his way. And now he's obsessed with me and has to be under my feet too. So now I have him always bugging me while I work from home. And my GSD that used to be lazy and wouldn't bother me all day while I worked has to prove herself to the new asshole 24/7 so they are both up my ass all day everyday.

At night he gets scared and wants to be in bed with us and he'll go side to side for hours. All the while you hear CLICK CLICK CLICK from his nails on the floor. That noise is about to drive me fucking crazy. My wife barely cleans him, let alone cut his nails. I have to do it. Just like I have to trim his hair and take care of him all day long even though she promised I wouldn't have to. That's why I'm awake now. He started clawing on the bed. I was out hard but now I'm wide awake. And to top it off the GSD won't sleep in her bed in the living room, she wants to sleep on the floor in our room so you hear her adjusting and slopping all night.
I'm tired of it all. If I didn't work from home it wouldn't be so bad. If I put them outside he'll dig out if he's out there too long. And they will both bark non stop if he doesn't dig out. Sure, everyone will say to train them to not bark. But you try training a dog while you're at work. No it's easier to just let them back in and shut my office door. But then my office gets hot because I have a glass wall and I hear them both laying up against the door and their nails clicking every time they move and their slopping noises while they lick themselves constantly.
View Quote
Get grooming clippers. Shave it like a poodle. Your wife isn't grooming the dog. Laissez les bon temps roulez.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:10 AM EDT
[#5]
OP is a commie.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The first few months are tiresome because you need to teach the doggies but other than that - no.

Especially when they are old. They get old too quick.  I have 3 beagles and while they keep me busy sometimes I don't mind it. They are such a comfort. 

I accept the shedding and other little things that go along with having a dog. I love taking care of my babies. 

I've always had a dog, can't imagine life without them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:49:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get grooming clippers. Shave it like a poodle. Your wife isn't grooming the dog. Laissez les bon temps roulez.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speak fucking English
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:50:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, tired of piss on the carpets

but wouldn't get rid of them
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:52:34 AM EDT
[#9]
The Chinese do, that's why on some nights they have noodles
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:52:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Speak fucking English
View Quote
iie
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:53:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe if I didn't get woken up every fucking night. I just want to be asleep right now but I'm pissed off.  I kicked them out of the room and shut the door but now the little dog is barking and my wife is snoring. I'm about to lose my cool.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:53:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope. We don't like shed fur everywhere, smelly houses or pain in the ass dogs so we get short haired breeds, keep them clean and train them.

ETA: I would stuff that bugger in a crate somewhere far away from my bedroom.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:54:16 AM EDT
[#13]
OP go get some professional help.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:54:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

iie
View Quote
Figured it out, huh?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:56:19 AM EDT
[#15]
It has been a while but I think it is let the good times roll in French or I am drunk and made that up 
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:57:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Maybe if I didn't get woken up every fucking night. I just want to be asleep right now but I'm pissed off.  I kicked them out of the room and shut the door but now the little dog is barking and my wife is snoring. I'm about to lose my cool.
View Quote
It's not even 10:00 PM yet. Are you old. I can't wait until I can get to a place with more land. I'll go from two to a personal pack of dogs.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Its not the dog's fault you can't train them worth a shit.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Have talk with wife about taking care of dogs. Have her pitch in on grooming or have her take dogs to groomer on her time/dime.

Board dogs and take a vacation.

Come home, enjoy dogs.

Be the Alpha.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#19]
OP should post pics of the dogs and wife.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:03:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes. Especially when I'm sore and tired. Constantly stepping over them.
Couldn't imagine not having them though. They bring a smile to my weary face.
Course we do have six Goldies.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:04:15 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Have talk with wife about taking care of dogs. Have her pitch in on grooming or have her take dogs to groomer on her time/dime.

Come home, enjoy dogs.

Be the Alpha.
View Quote
My wife is suffering with some really heavy shit right now and can't handle me asking her to do something.

I'm all by myself when it comes to this shit. I have to be the rock all the fucking time. I'm snapping because I have to hold it in 24/7. Just gotta vent guys.

Life can really fucking suck. I just want one day of fucking peace in my life.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:04:44 AM EDT
[#22]
I like my dog, he's a good dog, most of the time

I don't think I'll ever get anther after he's gone, although he's got 8-10 good years left so maybe it'll be different by then

but yes I get tired of the midnight barking for no reason (only happens once a month maybe) 
yes It gets a little doggie smelling once in a while
he needs haircut every 90 days and sheds like crazy all the time.

but he's my buddy, sad to see me leave and glad to see me come home.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:04:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It's not even 10:00 PM yet. Are you old. I can't wait until I can get to a place with more land. I'll go from two to a personal pack of dogs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Learn time zones asshole
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:05:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I absolutely cannot imagine life without my GSD.  Best thing I've done with my life in a long time
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:07:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife is suffering with some really heavy shit right now and can't handle me asking her to do something.

I'm all by myself when it comes to this shit. I have to be the rock all the fucking time. I'm snapping because I have to hold it in 24/7. Just gotta vent guys.

View Quote
Just be there for her as much as you can. Talk to someone professional if you need to.  Go fishing for a little bit and take your mind off things
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Nope.

My dog is my job. No dog = no job. Brushing, bathing, and proper training might help you with the issues you're having. Because I don't have any with mine.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:08:40 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
If she can't take care of herself then why the fuck did you get her a dog to take care of?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:08:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Learn time zones asshole
View Quote
ROLF
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:09:31 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come home, enjoy dogs.

Be the Alpha.

Well leave the little shit dog in the backyard, let him dig his way out and sooner or later. Problem solved
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:10:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Well, there's this other thread where we discuss how to off a cat without it thrashing around...http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2006798_Thrashing--blood-all-over-ground-and-shoes---.html
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:10:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just be there for her as much as you can. Talk to someone professional if you need to.  Go fishing for a little bit and take your mind off things
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are seeing someone to help her get over it. My needs don't matter. I just have to be there for her. She's been dealing with it for 3 years and just now getting help. I've been being there for her that entire time and guess who gets the brunt of it. I put up boundaries now. She always apologizes for the shit she pulls. But I'm worn out. I just want peace.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:11:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Nope. I love my dog. I'm an animal person and have always loved my dogs and cats, even the asshole ones.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:12:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
Board the dogs for a day or four and take a break.  Sounds like you could use it.

Seriously man, get some me time for 24 or 48 hours if you can.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:13:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
If she can't take care of herself then why the fuck did you get her a dog to take care of?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the fucking neurologist told her lap dogs are good for anxiety and literally wrote her a prescription for one. I gave in after that. He helps her a little but other than her feeding them once a day I have to take care of both of them and I'm the one that doesn't even want dogs.

I knew how it would play out. Truth is I fell for the little shit at first but now I'm over it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:22:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Fuck no... yes its work but my shepherds are my best friends... I may have to sacrifice some sleep, or time for them, but if and when it ever came down to it, those dogs would sacrifice theirs lives for my [their] family... Even if one of them is playing a little to rough with my kids, the other will come running like a bat out of hell and choke the other out... Dog lives matter yo...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:23:47 AM EDT
[#36]
You refuse to sort out your dog pack.  

Dogs who can't control their mouths ride the lightning.  Batteries are cheap.  I've yet to meet a dog who won't bark through a collar correcting them if it's actually an appropriate time for them to do so.  That yapping crap stops really quick.
http://www.gundogsupply.com/tritbar.html

Print this out and take it to a local dog groomer.  Then inspect to see if they did it right.  When/if they don't hand it back to them and demand they do it right.  There should be no noise at all.  Ever.  Costs a whopping $10-15 and saves a headache for you.
http://www.germanwatchdogs.com/blog/nails-how-long-is-too-long-for-your-german-shepherd/

Dogs are easy.  That wife thing is going to be harder and far less rewarding...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:27:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Figured it out, huh?
View Quote
i scientifically discovered that the board doesn't recognize hiragana input, so i had to do it in romanji.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#38]
The best hunting dog and companion I've ever had has a rare form of cancer that requires lots of nasty medication.  He's only 3 and will die in less than a year.  It's incurable.  One of the side effects of the meds is that he has to pee a lot.  He wakes me up 3-4 times a night to go out.  I wish I would have to get up several times a night for the next ten years for him because that means he would still be alive.  But sadly I won't because he will be dead soon.  Be happy for what you have OP.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:29:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You refuse to sort out your dog pack.  Now you are on here like Oprah.

Dogs who can't control their mouths ride the lightning.  Batteries are cheap.  I've yet to meet a dog who won't bark through a collar correcting them if it's actually an appropriate time for them to do so.  That yapping crap stops really quick.
http://www.gundogsupply.com/tritbar.html

Print this out and take it to a local dog groomer.  Then inspect to see if they did it right.  When/if they don't hand it back to them and demand they do it right.  There should be no noise at all.  Ever.  Costs a whopping $10-15 and saves a headache for you.
http://www.germanwatchdogs.com/blog/nails-how-long-is-too-long-for-your-german-shepherd/

Dogs are easy.  That wife thing is going to be harder and far less rewarding...
View Quote
Used three different bark collars on my GSD over the years. Two were automatic, the current one is a remote.  She figured out the pattern on the auto ones. And I've tried for hours getting her to stop barking with the remote and all I can say is the bitch is stubborn.

Yeah I'm ranting on here, but have you ever just got fed up man?  If you say you haven't you're lying.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Learn time zones asshole
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Learn time zones asshole
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:32:28 AM EDT
[#41]
I love my dog. Sometimes I hate my dog.

Largely, he's a useless toy that I have to feed and makes me pick up literal shit.

On the other hand, my 65lb tactical (he's black) rapid automatic attacking alarm system is pretty good. It runs on dog food and has a very loud audible alarm.

ETA: if you set that alarm off, it also links up with a system which spews a very fast moving lead/copper mixture.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:34:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Me. Tired of them but the wife just made us get another little shit dog.

Pisses on the floor, shits on the deck. Always in the way with the other two dogs.

It's horrible. They are a real pain in the ass. I long for the day of no pets.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:35:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Used three different bark collars on my GSD over the years. Two were automatic, the current one is a remote.  She figured out the pattern on the auto ones. And I've tried for hours getting her to stop barking with the remote and all I can say is the bitch is stubborn.

Yeah I'm ranting on here, but have you ever just got fed up man?  If you say you haven't you're lying.
View Quote
You didn't use any of the collars I linked you.  Your GSD wouldn't be able to bark through them.  The cheap ones yes.  Those, no.  Try the Garmin, used to be TriTronics until Garmin bought them.  Has a vibration sensor thingie.  Call the guy at gundogsupply and ask how tight it needs to be.  If she barks through it turn it up.  Eventually she will change the tone of her bark because it hurts.  Will start like a bark then turn to a yelp.  That's the setting it needs to be on.  She might bark a little bit but will taper off until she stops.  Just hurts too damn much.  Thank me later.

I get what you're doing.  You can do that or fix the problem...
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:35:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Very rarely my dog feels like an uninvited, needy houseguest who won't leave.  

That said, I can't imagine not having her.  My weim is a smart, loyal wonderful dog who has stolen my heart.  At 9 years of age, I realize I won't have her for much longer, but she will hopefully still be with me for another 3-4 years so I've pretty much made the decision to spend as much of my time with her as possible and to do as much for her as possible.   Overall this means the majority of social events that aren't dog friendly I stay away from, no long trips on the weekends unless she goes with or I leave her with friends that have another weim, and I also do my best to be aware of the small things she enjoys and treat her to them, even if it's just a car ride around the block.

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Time for a divorce ?
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:37:03 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:38:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Me. Tired of them but the wife just made us get another little shit dog.

Pisses on the floor, shits on the deck. Always in the way with the other two dogs.

It's horrible. They are a real pain in the ass. I long for the day of no pets.
View Quote
Amen brother

I didn't even mention the diarrhea and vomiting she's been leaving around the house. I've spent $600 at the vet in the last two months because of it and the last thing they suggested was to start giving her benafiber. All her tests look good.

Not to mention you can't walk in the back yard without watching for yard bombs. We have almost an acre fenced in and she shits within 10 ft of the porch every damn time.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a 1 year old little girl but when the in laws have us take care of their dogs pretty much all of it falls on me.

I love those dogs like family but I totally get how you feel. One of them is old so she pees and shits wherever, and is a Yorkie so she's a total bitch to me anyways. Even though they're bathed they always smell like dog, and they trip me up the same as you describe. It's one thing after another and I can't wait until they get picked up by the in laws once they get back from a vacation. It just becomes another chore, really
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:39:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Maybe you need a new boyfriend and some cats.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:40:30 AM EDT
[#50]
What is your wife suffering from?  Fibromyalgia or some other fake woman mental disorder?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top