Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2017 1:32:25 PM EDT

Fucking really? Am I in a Simpson's episode?

4th one today... It's not even mother fucking lunch time yet?

Anybody here got a better telemarketer number than that one? Like alternating 69 or ascending numbers? (1GE)T-FUCKED?

This whole thing of telemarketers using local numbers is fucking insanity. They oughta be able to be hung for this kind of horseshit.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain. There must be a special place reserved in Hell for those snakes. I despise them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It really ratcheted up over the past 12 months
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:47:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I get 2 - 4 calls per day from telemarketers.  Many spoof local numbers.  

It's to the point that I don't answer my phone anymore, unless it is a saved contact.  If it's important, you can leave a message.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I talk to them as long as i can when i have the time.  They get really pissy at the end.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's to the point that I don't answer my phone anymore, unless it is a saved contact.  If it's important, you can leave a message.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I feel your pain. There must be a special place reserved in Hell for those snakes. I despise them.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Key & Peele - The Telemarketer - Uncensored
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I talk to them as long as i can when i have the time.  They get really pissy at the end.
View Quote
This is the right answer!   I drive around most of the day and if one calls me while I am driving they have. O chance of getting out for free.    I have had a few of the "warranty" people tell me to fuck off.  

My current record is wasting 15 minutes.

Side note:  when I was in the Army I banged a chick selling magazines over the phone.   She probably got hit by half of the 4th ID but it's ok.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:02:58 PM EDT
[#9]
This is --------- from account services....
I get 2-3 a day.  Spoofed numbers.  I wish I could stop it.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump would be a national hero for eternity if he started enforcing the no-call registry with Seal Teams and air strikes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:20:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Back in the old days, sure.  Now, 99% of them are machines and 87% are hang-ups.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Hell of a way to run your business.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:21:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#14]
A couple of days ago, I got one at 5:31 AM.
When does telemarketer season open ?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:31:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I get about 6 to 8 per day. Mostly using local spoof numbers now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]
All incoming calls from unknown numbers get forwarded to a virtual secretary now, its great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Tell them you're going to kill the family cow and fuck their mom.  

Easiest way to get death threats from them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Tell them you're going to kill the family cow and fuck their mom.  

Easiest way to get death threats from them.
View Quote

A  few years ago I had one call me about my long distance plan. Told him I didn't need long distance because I don't have a phone. 
He stopped, thought for a minute and asked if I didn't have a phone how is he talked to me
told him it was two cans and a wire... he said man, that must be some expensive wire.. I said "yep, $1.50/foot"

the guy actually had a sense of humor and they never called back. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#19]
I had two this morning withing a 5 minute period
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Trump would be a national hero for eternity if he started enforcing the no-call registry with Seal Teams and air strikes.
View Quote
Fuck yes! Tactical nukes for the ones behind enemy lines!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#21]
They call and ask for me by my legal name which I have not used, except for legal matters in 50 years. In fact my wife and kids are the only persons left alive that knows it So I feel free to fuck with them.

5 major replies.

1mr doc passed away an hour ago
2 which mr doc, there are 3. Which ever they pick is out on tbe yacht
3 mr doc is in rehab
4  my favorite is, this is junior, dad is eating crayons and shitting his pant right now call back later.
5 if they really piss me off I tell them the call has been traced and a team of corsican assasins are on the way to
  Kill them, thier water buffalo and burn down thier hut.

I have a land line for a small business. Calls on that one are met with profanity and sexual content
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:04:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
It really ratcheted up over the past 12 months
View Quote
Its been the last 3 for me but the last few weeks has been really bad.  I rarely put my real number on stuff to avoid being data mined, but lately I'm getting 3-4 calls a day from these asses.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Got one while reading this thread. Same prefix as my #.
Hiya caught it
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
This is --------- from account services....
I get 2-3 a day.  Spoofed numbers.  I wish I could stop it.
View Quote
I get those and the warranty about to expire. I fuck with them until they hand up.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:43:05 PM EDT
[#25]
I get these all of the time. The other day Sanjib called and when I spoke to him in German it undid him. He finally hung up on me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe the $120 million fine the FCC levied on the cocksucker from Miami will make some of them think twice.

Personally, any unrecognized call gets rejected; I don't even answer.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:52:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's my MO Anymore.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Feds just put a huge fine on outfit out of South Florida making huge number of robocalls.Part of the violation was using local numbers to spoof recipients .Wish they would nail more of these bastards.Calls were to both home and cell phones.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:00:10 PM EDT
[#29]
me hate TELE asses

I love the NRA ones,  hi may I speak to Mary?  uh wrong number,  oh well maybe you can help me .....click
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:14:53 PM EDT
[#30]
I got one with the number 541143992397. Anybody know where area code 54114 is?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:20:25 PM EDT
[#31]
I got one today about my warranty about to expire.  Told them I drive a 1967 Grand Prix.  I am almost positive my warranty on that car expired before I was born.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#32]
The George W. Bush administration tried to include regulated industries in their regulatory process. In some cases that worked pretty well and was wonderfully reasonable, in others it was a disaster.  The CAN SPAM act of 2003 was an example of the latter.  Essentially, the Direct Marketing Association got to write their own rules and decide on enforcement, and the Bush administration in it's completely mysterious way decided that enforcement of almost all FCC-related issues would go to the back burner.  Why?  No one knows, but apart from really cranking up junk fax enforcement in the mid-2000s (yeah, about 10 years too late), the FCC just didn't do anything.  And the crooks of course noticed that the Obama administration wouldn't really go after anyone without a social agenda, so they cranked it up over the last 8 years.  It would be nice to pursue this at the state level, but, oops, the CAN SPAM act deliberately makes almost all of that a Federal issue on purpose because the Direct Marketing Association has great lobbyists at the Federal level.

So, the first step would be gutting or removing the CAN SPAM act and looking at enforceable rules, opt-in as opposed to opt-out, and then trapping and prosecuting these people.  I am sure that there would be lots of knock on effects from it -- do you think that these people don't have other criminal associates in the US?   Of course they do.  And if the CAN SPAM act is gone then the states can get back to their own enforcement, some of which would be much more aggressive -- something that the Direct Marketing people noticed gearing up in some states at the end of the 1990s (California being on the forefront of the anti-junk-fax legislation and about to extend it to SPAM) and stopped this progress by taking the ability to enforce away from the states for the most part by making it a Federal issue.

To a huge degree, this problem about regulatory capture and secondarily about enforcement.

Yes, Trump would hit the ball out of the park if he went after this.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't condone violence, but Rachel from card services needs a solid skullfuck.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:16:34 PM EDT
[#34]
I have tried the do not call list, blocking numbers, or just letting it ring.  The most peace I got was after I signed up for nomorobo.  Now, calls ring once or twice, and get picked off and sent to nomorobo.  Nomorobo won the FCC competition for the best way to deal with robo calls.  

Nomorobo interrogates the number, and if it has been identified as a robocaller, it gets picked off, and the caller receives a message that they were sent to nomorobo.

The bastards still call, but now it only rings once or twice and the line resets.  Basically, the,caller gets an automated "piss off".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Been consistently getting spoofed Colorado area code robocalls for a while, but they have increased over the past few months.

I usually hit ignore, but noticed if I do answer one and hang up (when I am expecting a call from the local cellphone prefix) they immediately increase for a few days.

Installed Hiya, will see how that goes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:31:30 PM EDT
[#36]
I was getting 2-3 a week. Took my frustration out, strung them along, etc.

Deployed to Spain? Easily triple that amount... but I'm at $0.20 a minute here in Spain.
I don't know why the location change upped the frequency... but if it continues when I get back to the states? Oh Lordy.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top