Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/23/2017 9:41:27 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:42:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
When shows/article writers goes retarded.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I call bullshit
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Hidden Brain.

Obviously they hid it too well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Lol, sure. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
When one considers nation states that fund terrorism....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:46:03 AM EDT
[#7]
NPR? Yeah, no thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
citations needed.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:46:28 AM EDT
[#9]
When was the last time that white people killed over 3k people in a terrorist attack on our own soil?

Unless you count Sherman's March (which I don't ), that would be "never".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#10]
So what have we gone and done NOW?

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#11]
That brain is hidden alright.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So what have we gone and done NOW?

View Quote
Forgot how to be properly shamed and guilted. For nothing. We all need to be re-educated.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:51:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Whites are better at everything which is why other races shouldn't fuck with them.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:52:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Hope that my tax dollars no longer go to such anti US causes.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I bet $1 they are counting all of those hoax "attacks" on Muslims after the election
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:55:06 AM EDT
[#16]
They are being very "flexible" with how they define terror. Certainly, domestic violence, bank robberies and violent crime are terrifying, but they are not terroristic in the sense that they have other purposes. Terror, on the other hand, is singular in its purpose - to impose terror. They're probably also including any violent criminal activity or threat involving two different races where one is white as the commonplace narrative is to now assume a racial motive.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:55:52 AM EDT
[#17]
I've listened to some of the Hidden Brain podcasts...I can see why he has an audience...its a successful formula, with the typical NPR mix of pop culture 'soft science' with edgy topics. They present the alternative view and rarely provide a broad perspective. I'm not going to say that none of episodes were entertaining, but I'd be very cautious about citing 'facts' learned from his interviews and stories.

As far as perspective goes, I'm growing tired of references to Nazis. The Nazis haven't done much for over 75 years.
The vast majority of people living on the planet at this moment were never alive to see a Nazi wage terror. Why not compare modern Islamic terror with what white people did in ancient Rome....or perhaps the various tribes of Asians from the pre-western world era?

Frankly, I am concerned with today....tomorrow...and perhaps the next 50 years.
What got us all here cant be changed. Read history...learn it...metabolize it...perhaps synthesize the knowledge into some intelligent idea about how to move forward, and then MOVE FORWARD! Enough comparison to the past...be a little more creative....calling someone a Nazi has become analogous to a boy on the school playground telling a 'yo momma so fat' joke...its tired, its old, and its predictable.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Being white is terrorism, so the author is correct.  If you limit the count to actual terrorism, I suspect that the claims can't be supported. It all depends on your point t of view.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:56:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
citations needed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
citations needed.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2928138

Abstract
Terrorist attacks often dominate news coverage as reporters seek to provide the public with information about the event, its perpetrators, and the victims. Yet, not all incidents receive equal attention. Why do some terrorist attacks receive more media coverage than others? We argue that social identity is the largest predictor of news coverage, while target type, being arrested, and fatalities will also impact coverage. We examined news coverage from LexisNexis Academic and CNN.com for all terrorist attacks in the United States between 2011 and 2015. Controlling for target type, fatalities, and being arrested, attacks by Muslim perpetrators received, on average, 449% more coverage than other attacks. Given the disproportionate quantity of news coverage for these attacks, it is no wonder that people are afraid of the Muslim terrorist. More representative media coverage could help to bring public perception of terrorism in line with reality.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#20]
87% of the 9/11 hijackers were white Christian Nazis.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
citations needed.
View Quote
It's easy.  Pick a time period that skips major terrorist attacks but be sure to count every time a white guy kills more than 2 people as a terrorist attack.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#23]
First of all, what do they consider a "terrorist" act?  Calling someone an asshole on Facebook?  Punching a violent protester in the face?

Second of all, they're mixing up race with ideology.  White is not an ideology, Islam is.  They can't be compared.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#24]
I also bet its the definition of "terrorism" that leads to this sort of BS. And using any possible excuse to define Islamic terrorism as something other than what it is.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:14:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Should change the name from Hidden Brain to something more fitting like Shit for Brains or Missing Brain!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:16:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:17:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Need to keep the narrative alive.

White people are the problem in this country.

Bet the narrative looks different based on population size of white vs Muslim.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:18:59 AM EDT
[#28]

Sigh.

Seen this regarding...terrorism, rioting, crime in general, etc.  Whenever statistics don't meet the liberal agenda they then move to something else.  There are very simple reasons why Islamic terrorism gets statistically more coverage just like there's a reason riots in more rich and diverse areas get more coverage than the riot at some college over their team winning/losing.  Statistics.

I'm going to guess this comes from some group like the SPLC or similar.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#29]
1.) I'm sure Muniba Saleem was an unbiased researcher.

2.) "Their side" owns and controls all traditional media.  If there is some bias in reporting, take it up with yourselves.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:20:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
When was the last time that white people killed over 3k people in a terrorist attack on our own soil?

Unless you count Sherman's March (which I don't ), that would be "never".
View Quote
You seen Atlanta these days?

It's time to bring back Zombie Sherman.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#31]
87% of all internet statistics are made up on the spot. - Benjamin Franklin
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#32]
When confronted with this stupidity simply require that they give examples.  

The response will be.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#33]
That's not citations on white terror attacks, that's a hit piece on racist news media.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:24:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
When confronted with this stupidity simply require that they give examples.  

The response will be.  
View Quote
Their response will be, "How DARE you question me? YOU'RE A RACIST!!!"
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Are they counting fictional TV terror?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:38 AM EDT
[#36]
I 100% guarantee that is based on Southern Poverty Law Center "statistics".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:26:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Define terrorism... also FPNI.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:28:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I 100% guarantee that is based on Southern Poverty Law Center "statistics".
View Quote
"the Southern Poverty Law Center" has absolutely nothing to do with The South, Poverty, or upholding The Law...
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:31:51 AM EDT
[#39]
It could be the most highly-researched, peer-reviewed, non-partisan examination of the topic; but to exclude, or dismiss, one of the most defining moments of American history (9/11) is to commit a logical fallacy.

Fuck virtue signalling, and fuck this podcast.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:38:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Lutz. According to the database they based the paper on, no individual affiliated with an islamic terrorist organization has attacked the US since 2010.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?page=2&casualties_type=&casualties_max=&country=217&count=100&expanded=no&charttype=line&chart=overtime&ob=GTDID&od=desc#results-table

I was interested to see if they'd list the BLM attack on the cops as terrorism, but 2015 is the latest it goes to.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I call bullshit
View Quote
Same 

MSM takes every opportunity to point out hate crimes and what not done by whites. And we still don't see that many. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:53:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I'd say narco terrorism is more pervasive
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lutz. According to the database they based the paper on, no individual affiliated with an islamic terrorist organization has attacked the US since 2010.

http://www.start.umd.edu/gtd/search/Results.aspx?page=2&casualties_type=&casualties_max=&country=217&count=100&expanded=no&charttype=line&chart=overtime&ob=GTDID&od=desc#results-table

I was interested to see if they'd list the BLM attack on the cops as terrorism, but 2015 is the latest it goes to.
View Quote
The San Bernardino attack was classified as "unaffiliated individuals."
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Workplace violence
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#45]
White is a race. Muslim is not a race. Most if not all the Muslim attackers, are white.  They are literally comparing apples to rocks. It's a meaningless comparison. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I've listened to some of the Hidden Brain podcasts...I can see why he has an audience...its a successful formula, with the typical NPR mix of pop culture 'soft science' with edgy topics. They present the alternative view and rarely provide a broad perspective. I'm not going to say that none of episodes were entertaining, but I'd be very cautious about citing 'facts' learned from his interviews and stories.

As far as perspective goes, I'm growing tired of references to Nazis. The Nazis haven't done much for over 75 years.
The vast majority of people living on the planet at this moment were never alive to see a Nazi wage terror. Why not compare modern Islamic terror with what white people did in ancient Rome....or perhaps the various tribes of Asians from the pre-western world era?

Frankly, I am concerned with today....tomorrow...and perhaps the next 50 years.
What got us all here cant be changed. Read history...learn it...metabolize it...perhaps synthesize the knowledge into some intelligent idea about how to move forward, and then MOVE FORWARD! Enough comparison to the past...be a little more creative....calling someone a Nazi has become analogous to a boy on the school playground telling a 'yo momma so fat' joke...its tired, its old, and its predictable.
View Quote
Left wing terror and left wing attacks in the name of their ideology are responsible for like 50 times the deaths and property damage that right wingers are responsible for.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:10:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

In this case the phrase "controlling for..." literally means "we threw out the shit that ruined our thesis and changed other shit to make it fit our thesis".

It's a garbage "study."
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:12:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Pull your head out of your ass and quit trying to hide your brain dumbass.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#50]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
citations needed.
https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2928138

Abstract
Terrorist attacks often dominate news coverage as reporters seek to provide the public with information about the event, its perpetrators, and the victims. Yet, not all incidents receive equal attention. Why do some terrorist attacks receive more media coverage than others? We argue that social identity is the largest predictor of news coverage, while target type, being arrested, and fatalities will also impact coverage. We examined news coverage from LexisNexis Academic and CNN.com for all terrorist attacks in the United States between 2011 and 2015. Controlling for target type, fatalities, and being arrested, attacks by Muslim perpetrators received, on average, 449% more coverage than other attacks. Given the disproportionate quantity of news coverage for these attacks, it is no wonder that people are afraid of the Muslim terrorist. More representative media coverage could help to bring public perception of terrorism in line with reality.
Of course whites caused more terrorism.  Middle Eaterner's are "white", Muslim is not a race.

Apparently their were a fair amount of "work place violence" confused with terrorism during that time period also.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top