Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 10:19:21 PM EDT
Holy crap did anyone watch this series on Netflix?  It follows customs officers in New York,  Washington, Detroit and Tejas. Why the hell they would allow this show to be broadcast is beyond me. All it does it highlight the sheer incompetence and what a joke our customs and border patrol people are and how broken our immigration system is.They JBT the shit out of people for no reason and wrong on so many occasions and harass normal ass people  all while the people they should be stereotyping go strolling by. What a fucking joke.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#1]
No one?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:59:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched like ten episodes. It's entertaining. When I flew international I was super stressed customs would get mad at the $3000 I had in my pocket. After watching this show I bet they did not even look at it twice lol
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:02:35 AM EDT
[#3]
nope...might have to give it a look.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:26:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I've been watching the Canadian show.  It cracks me up how they ask people questions like "Have you ever used any drugs?"  and people say oh, sure I've smoked a little pot.  Then the CPB handcuffs the guy and tell him they don't want him in Canada.  He's crying that his fiance is waiting for him in Toronto to get married, but too bad.  He's banned from Canada.

Protip - if some sort of LEO asks you questions about you committing crimes, especially if they have no way to verify, say "no."

"Have you been drinking today?"
"No.  Drinking is bad."

"Do you take illegal drugs?"
"No.  Drugs are bad."

"Do you steal cars?"
"No."

"Do you rape children?"
"No."

"Do you murder nuns?"
"No."

"Okay, then.  Welcome to Canada."
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Has Don put the BPS back on the southern border?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:06:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I watched like ten episodes. It's entertaining. When I flew international I was super stressed customs would get mad at the $3000 I had in my pocket. After watching this show I bet they did not even look at it twice lol
View Quote
I just throw the bundle of cash in the tray with everything else that goes through the scanner.  They never pay it any attention but I keep it under the limit of course. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
They do seem a bit heavy handed for no reason at times.

Quoted:
I've been watching the Canadian show.  It cracks me up how they ask people questions like "Have you ever used any drugs?"  and people say oh, sure I've smoked a little pot.  Then the CPB handcuffs the guy and tell him they don't want him in Canada.  He's crying that his fiance is waiting for him in Toronto to get married, but too bad.  He's banned from Canada.

Protip - if some sort of LEO asks you questions about you committing crimes, especially if they have no way to verify, so "no."

"Have you been drinking today?"
"No.  Drinking is bad."

"Do you take illegal drugs?"
"No.  Drugs are bad."

"Do you steal cars?"
"No."

"Do you rape children?"
"No."

"Do you murder nuns?"
"No."

"Okay, then.  Welcome to Canada."
View Quote
There one older American guy, a veteran, and and his wife coming in and they were asking the routine questions and everything seemed fine. Then they found a Glock 17 is his door panel.

He said he honestly didn't know he couldn't do that as he had a carry permit and was exempt. They pointed out they asked him about weapons several times and he filled out a declaration saying he didn't have any.

There are ways you can legally bring a Glock into Canada and if you can't and tell them you can simy go home or dispose of it. I wanted to feel bad for him but that was really stupid whether I agree with the law or not. Maybe he didn't know but really?

I have watched almost every episode of that show and it seems like there are good agents and bad agents but only once did they actually find a real smuggler. A guy had a couple pounds of cocaine hidden in his suitcase.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I was in the Border Patrol before I transferred over to investigations and I don't know what you're talking/writing on about. I have not watched your TV show so I can't comment on that. As for your comments on the Border Patrol I say hogwash. Is that enough comment for you? The only comment that I will agree with you about is the fact that our immigration system is broken with all the loop holes favoring illegal/out of status aliens and their attorneys and all the hoops we have to jump through to get some aliens deported.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I've watched all the "Border Security" series on Netflix, they are addictive.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:29:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I was in the Border Patrol before I transferred over to investigations and I don't know what you're talking/writing on about. I have not watched your TV show so I can't comment on that. As for your comments on the Border Patrol I say hogwash. Is that enough comment for you? The only comment that I will agree with you about is the fact that our immigration system is broken with all the loop holes favoring illegal/out of status aliens and their attorneys and all the hoops we have to jump through to get some aliens deported.
View Quote
Retired PA here, from reading some of the show excerpts here this sounds more like a CBSA (Canadian Border Patrol) themed show. There is no way any Border Patrol or CBPO is going to be enforcing Canadian Immigration laws.

And yes folks, if you have a prior DWI in the States you cannot travel to Canadaland as they have deemed you undesirable. That or the Canadian drunks don't want any competition at the local Molson's chugging contest, pretty much the same for drug use.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:40:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Retired PA here, from reading some of the show excerpts here this sounds more like a CBSA (Canadian Border Patrol) themed show. There is no way any Border Patrol or CBPO is going to be enforcing Canadian Immigration laws.

And yes folks, if you have a prior DWI in the States you cannot travel to Canadaland as they have deemed you undesirable. That or the Canadian drunks don't want any competition at the local Molson's chugging contest, pretty much the same for drug use.
View Quote
Sounds like he's referring to this. There are/were Canadian and Australian versions as well.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:42:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Holy crap did anyone watch this series on Netflix?  It follows customs officers in New York,  Washington, Detroit and Tejas. Why the hell they would allow this show to be broadcast is beyond me. All it does it highlight the sheer incompetence and what a joke our customs and border patrol people are and how broken our immigration system is.They JBT the shit out of people for no reason and wrong on so many occasions and harass normal ass people  all while the people they should be stereotyping go strolling by. What a fucking joke.
View Quote

I have never heard of the show.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:48:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Sounds like he's referring to this. There are/were Canadian and Australian versions as well.
View Quote
Hmm...might have to take a look. Thanks.

If I knock a couple things off my to do list today I might be able to take a look this afternoon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top