Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 10:10:00 PM EDT
link to video and article

First off, if you block, stop recording, or turn off the audio of your bodycam/dashcam, that by itself makes any incident seem suspicious.

Second, if one cop is off duty and calls on-duty cops over, is it normal for the off-duty cop to take the lead?

Third, accusation is that the guy in the van wouldn't pull over, made threats of violence, and used vehicle as weapon.  Yet each officer acted with very different degrees of intensity, as if they had a very different view of any threat.  This makes me think that the officer who rushed in wasn't really taking such an aggressive stance because he felt he needed to neutralize the driver before he attacked with his vehicle again (and yes, I do totally view a vehicle as a weapon) but instead was acting due to hurt feelings or something.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:40:51 PM EDT
[#1]
IBE
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I grew up in Worthington. Left there in 1979. No desire to go back.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Next time when see that guy he is going to petting a puma on a gold chain.  He has no clue how rich he is.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:13:35 AM EDT
[#4]
That shit looked personal to me. Didn't even give the guy time to comply with his orders. Rushed the vehicle and started beating his ass.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Looked like a good beat down to me.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:26:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Clearly not enough video to determine if it was a good beatdown.

So I will say good beatdown.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:47:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Clearly not enough video to determine if it was a good beatdown.

So I will say good beatdown.
View Quote
What?  The cop just went full retard on the guy while he was complying.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:14:46 AM EDT
[#8]
This should be good.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:34:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:13:52 AM EDT
[#10]
If you have to ask....
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:27:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Must make you feel really tough kicking the shit out of someone you know cant fight back. Almost like beating a woman or animal.

<Edited -40xb>
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:43:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Cop would not want me on the jury.
Arrest the guy. Charge him with road rage, possession, expired license, whatever else. But not really necessary to beat the shit out of him after he pulls over for the real police, not the asshole off duty, the guy is sitting in his car with his seat belt on and some off duty cop starts beating the crap out of him? WTF
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:49:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Full dashcam footage
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:13:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv70e5JtQkw

Full dashcam footage
View Quote
This video is much better than the one posted in OP.

Couple things, the cop who takes over as #1 vehicle is responding to the area in emergency mode. Thats clue #1 that something else is going on.

While an route, you can also hear on the radio what sounds like a supervisor giving the OK to pursue. Thats clue #2 that the driver was involved in a chase of some sort.

That's a felony just about everywhere.

Clue #3 is that both the dept and the prosecutors office appear to be backing the officers on scene. They don't do that if shit is hinky.

So on the surface, it looks like an ugly ass way to do a high risk traffic stop. Not the way I would do it as it's not very safe, but whatever.

Furthermore, the dashcam shows at least passive resistance in the form of failure to obey commands. The dashcam also does not show what the suspect does inside of his vehicle. Does he start reaching for something? Does he tense up and begin to resist? Idk.

Using force is never pretty. Just about every state teaches officers to "hit hard and end it quickly" as it's uglier to use mediocre physical force and prolong the event.

Finally, the lack of excitement on officer #2's part does not surprise me at all. He's an older patrol dude and this occurred around 0930. Dude is probably livid that his morning coffee and newspaper session was interrupted. Totally serious, senior day shift patrol guys are their own special breed.

All in all, is he aggressive and crass? Ya, but it appears there's a decent reason why and if arfcom wants to be upset that more pajama boys aren't cops, then no amount of logic or facts will change anything.

I almost forgot, fuck the ACLU. nothing but a bunch of sjw's.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Couple weeks of paid leave.
Anger management. 
Promotion.
Commendations. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv70e5JtQkw

Full dashcam footage
View Quote
all I see here is a few extra seconds of driving, the altercation, and then a long ride back to the station with the guy in the back bitching.  No additional info that would justify or further condemn the actions..

Yes there's some radio chatter but it sounds to me like the off-duty called and reported he was being harassed and an on-duty was dispatched.  We knew that from the article.  On-duty putting on lights to me doesn't mean much, in rural MN cops put on lights for anything.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:05:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Curiously enough, the first words on the video are, "we've got him pulled over now". Sort of intimates that they have been looking for the guy for some time before they finally caught up with him. 

The article said the guy had been tailgating the cops, flipping them the bird, and doing other stupid shit. Supposedly he even threatened to 'go get his homeys'. 

I'm gonna guess the guy who opened up the can of whoop-ass had about enough of the driver's shit...some time before the dash cam video even began. 

Amazing that some here obviously didn't read the article, listen to the beginning of the video...and 'wouldn't mind seeing some lead outbound and directed at the cop'. 

Arfcom didn't use to have nearly as many fucking idiots as it does these days. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Looks like the cop that did the beating decided he was going to do it before the van ever stopped.  That certainly didn't look like a typical stop to me.  And if they were worried about the driver why not do it felony style and order the driver out of the car at gunpoint from the safety of their own cars.  Nope.  And he never had a chance to comply.  Taking knees and punches while his seatbelt was still on.  

Doesn't seem like professional police work to me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Meh.

I don't care.

I am smart enough not to run from police. "If they gotta come get you, they are bringing an ass kicking along for the ride." - Chris Rock.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 11:30:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Curiously enough, the first words on the video are, "we've got him pulled over now". Sort of intimates that they have been looking for the guy for some time before they finally caught up with him. 

The article said the guy had been tailgating the cops, flipping them the bird, and doing other stupid shit. Supposedly he even threatened to 'go get his homeys'. 

I'm gonna guess the guy who opened up the can of whoop-ass had about enough of the driver's shit...some time before the dash cam video even began. 

Amazing that some here obviously didn't read the article, listen to the beginning of the video...and 'wouldn't mind seeing some lead outbound and directed at the cop'. 

Arfcom didn't use to have nearly as many fucking idiots as it does these days. 
View Quote
Oh fuck that.

If the guy was committing crimes, then he should be ticketed/arrested for those crimes.  Empty threats like 'I'm gonna get my homies' should be ignored.  And if a cop gets upset because he gets flipped the middle finger, then he should be fired.  Flipping off the cops is free speech.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top