Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/22/2017 8:15:37 PM EDT
I felt like shit at work yesterday, so i went home early.

Come in today and one of my assistant mangers won't talk to me.

I greeted him in the office twice with no response, he hands me a note saying "No talk 1 week".

Yes i am serious and don't call me Shirley...

He is 43 years old, and does this shit with other people too.

WTF?!?!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Lol

Can you write him up?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:17:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm confused...is he not talking to you now?

Other examples of his stupidity?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Like that's a bad thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:18:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I have. Made my life a living hell.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#5]
He wants to play childish games and not be a manager, then give the note to HR... IDK, that just seems retarded and he wouldn't hesitant reporting you to HR, may as well do the same.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#7]
What industry? I would have handed him a note back "No talk...1 year"
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Always counter offer 
Hand the note back with the 1 crossed off and replaced with a 2
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:19:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What industry? I would have handed him a note back "No talk...1 year"
View Quote
Lol. Beat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:20:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I greeted him in the office twice with no response, he hands me a note saying "No talk 1 week".

WTF?!?!
View Quote

I'd hand him a note that says "Works for me"...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Has a lieutenant once that was nuts. Had us go out in the rig one night to stalk the girlfriend that just dumped him.

That was kind of childish.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Mods?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow, what an ass. Tell him to grow the F+-k up! Save the note and go over his head.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:22:07 PM EDT
[#14]
WTF?   If he worked for me, that would be the last piece of correspondence he ever gave me.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:23:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Where do you work, Chuck E. Cheese's?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#16]
I will just let him be his mature self.  He still has to deal with me on transactions, I still continue to talk to him, usually just to say something to get a reaction out of him.

It worked.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:25:21 PM EDT
[#17]
When he gave me the note I'd have said ,Guess you don't like working here anymore
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:26:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Our office is the poster child for childishness, but then again, we encourage such things

The only reason we have rolls of tape is to put it over the optical sensors for the mice, nerf guns are the norm, and at one stage we had a minimum height chart with a kids booster seat next to it with a note explaining that staff under a certain height were required to use it in their company vehicle...

Oh, and did I mention we have a candy jar that can hold 10lbs of sugary goodness!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:26:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd hand him a note that says "Works for me"...
View Quote
This guy is a bit crazy, but is usually great to work with.  He is just having a childish moment.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:26:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Where do you work, Chuck E. Cheese's?
View Quote
STFU 17'er.  

CoC and all...
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#21]
My return note would say...

PROMISE?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:28:34 PM EDT
[#22]
theres a supervisor in another group that maintains nazi like control over logins to a particular piece of equipment.  my login keeps getting deleted with no notice.  its a personal issue. I left a note with his supervisor saying that if it doesnt get turned back on, im going to casually mention it to the senior VP who stops by my desk once a week and bullshits about fishing.  He has a 4 working days left in a weeks deadline.  His group also sends me tickets to fix network issues, then when its time to do Operations Foreman stuff like approve a service affecting change on the tickets he is spamming me with... he just leaves work so that if it goes poorly he doesnt have to deal with the flak.  whiney little passive aggresive shithead.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Wow. What a little brat.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:29:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Our office is the poster child for childishness, but then again, we encourage such things

The only reason we have rolls of tape is to put it over the optical sensors for the mice, nerf guns are the norm, and at one stage we had a minimum height chart with a kids booster seat next to it with a note explaining that staff under a certain height were required to use it in their company vehicle...

Oh, and did I mention we have a candy jar that can hold 10lbs of sugary goodness!
View Quote
Sounds like a hellish environment to work in...  
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Not for long. I don't work for assholes..
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#26]
That's more retarded than childish.  My supervisor sent me a pic of his shit in a toilet.  That's childish.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#27]
I would love it if my manager did not speak to me for a week,
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:22:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That's more retarded than childish.  My supervisor sent me a pic of his shit in a toilet.  That's childish.
View Quote
I send my managers pics of shit I get to clean up in the restrooms since I live in a town where most people have not the slightest clue to not shit on the floor, walls seat etc. It boggles my mind. Its disgusting, so I send the pics and remind them I don't get paid enough and did not hire on to clean up human shit.

Retail is not for a faint of heart
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:22:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Keep that note.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 11:57:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Did not OP or anyone else consider that the guy might have laryngitis or something else affecting his voice?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:00:03 AM EDT
[#31]
"I AM your manager"

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:06:26 AM EDT
[#32]
I will do things like make cones of silence,play the same song on repeat for an hour,eat your food... If I don't show my authority then nobody will take me seriously as their employer and spiritual leader.

Everybody who works for me knows it's all for the craic,as the Irish say. If he's doing this with any form of sincerity then that is another matter. Does he shush you? That is one I enjoy doing along with just repeating "your.opinion.does.not.matter".
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Bailing work early because your butt hurt is a BS move..... Suck it up you're an employee not the boss.
I have 6 mechanical engineers, 3 designers and 20 machinists that work for me and as a employer "mental health" is one of the things I keep tabs on. As an employer you can't make everyone happy but you can do you best to find middle ground.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:18:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did not OP or anyone else consider that the guy might have laryngitis or something else affecting his voice?
View Quote
First thing I thought of too.   Maybe he had throat surgery..... or something.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
WTF?!?!
View Quote
Give it to HR. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 12:49:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Unless he's walking around the office talking to other people.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:08:59 AM EDT
[#37]
My boss can go from pretty even keeled to throwing a god damn tantrum like a fucking child in about 2 seconds. I usually feel embarassed for him when he does it. It doesn't project what he thinks it does.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:54:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Bailing work early because your butt hurt is a BS move..... Suck it up you're an employee not the boss.
I have 6 mechanical engineers, 3 designers and 20 machinists that work for me and as a employer "mental health" is one of the things I keep tabs on. As an employer you can't make everyone happy but you can do you best to find middle ground.
View Quote
I think you misread the OP. He went home the day before because he felt like shit.
He didn't go home because of the incident mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:34:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Florida boss.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:39:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Like that's a bad thing.
View Quote
This.
That would have been a bonus for me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:54:44 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm so glad I don't work in a office. I'd go insane.

So happy in my cold metal box with piles of dead animals. I think that's why I love shotguns so much, I too know the struggle of removing meat from bone.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:56:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Do you bend over and take it for fun? Enjoy speculating what others intentions / motives are with no information?

If there was anything like that at all - Well the stupid fucking note should have contained the fucking required details. Without details it's just a cryptic message tossed out there by a knob-slobbin putz not worthy of paying any attention too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Based off of experience, my take is that you're better off leaving.  Find another job, resign politely, and just live life.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:41:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Grab him by the shirt collar and pin him against the wall. Tell him he's on your terms now.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:44:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Really?
If the guy had a medical issue,one would think the first fucking thing to do is to write that in the note.
Something like "Hey I have laryngitis can't talk for a week" . But I am pretty damn sure that the OP's supervisor was just being a douche canoe.

And yes OP I have worked for childish people before...the good thing is corporate natural selection tends to weed them out fairly quickly.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Send him a thank you card
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:50:58 AM EDT
[#47]
Mine pouts all the fucking time.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:13:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Had a Manager at Underwriters Laboratories who was a real childish douchebag.

I was going on a trip for a NEMA meeting in Orlando. Turned in my "out of office" slip and booked my reservations.

I was in the first day of meetings and the phone in the meeting room rings. It was my Manager, claiming that nobody had any idea where I was and that he was somehow finally able to track me down. I informed him that I had submitted all of the required paperwork well in advance. He claimed that nobody had anything from me saying that I would be out or where I was.

So, I went back to my meeting and when I returned to the office I went up to his secretary and told her "Chuck said that I didn't turn in my out-of-office paperwork for my meeting and that nobody knew where I was."

She replied "I knew you were at the NEMA meeting, and I have your out-of-office slip right here." and she flipped open the page right to where it was.

Lying little weasel knew damn well where I was and why. He just wanted to make sure I was at the meeting instead of goofing off on vacation.

This pissed me off at first and then I realized that it was a reflection on him rather than me. He knew damn well what HE would do if he was in that situation and figured I would too.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#49]
I see my primary supervisor for about 4 minutes towards the end of my shift. I see my other supervisor on and off for the last hour and a half of my shift. Most of the time I am alone or with my partner and everybody else is in bed.

They are adults so I don't worry about them playing butt fuck games with me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top