Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 4:54:25 PM EDT
I just started an LLC , small BBQ , private parties , selling and cooking for restaurants etc. Basically a glorified hobby at this point. I will open a bank account in the business name but would like to apply for a business credit card , any of you guys have any insight or suggestions .
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Capital One 2% cash back.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:03:40 PM EDT
[#2]
American express Starwood
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Amex

/thread
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Or take the 1.5% cash back Spark card with no annual fees.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#5]
AmEx Blue Cash and pay the fee, you'll make it back in a month or so.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys , Ill look into them
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Amex Platinum Business or Chase Sapphire Reserve
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Tag

I run $12k on average a month through mine.

Currently Citi rewards and I have a Delta AMEX which is worth having if you fly alot(1st bag free)
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#9]
AMEX plum card.

I put $50-60k a month on mine.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Chase Ink Cash. Five percent back at office supply stores, cellular, cable or satellite tv, etc, 2% gas stations and restaurants, 1% everything else. Usually a nice bonus if you meet a reasonable initial spend. A little difficult to get approved because you'll most likely have to talk to an analyst, but as long as you know your business, not a big deal.

If you don't think you can get approved for the Chase, Amex Simply Cash is easier to get and offers similar 5% on cell charges, office supplies, etc, then choose a 3% category. Also will have an initial bonus with a reasonable spending level.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Citi double cash back gives you 2% on anything, no annual fees or restricted categories. Any one with good/decent credit can get one (not a business card). Their price rewind is nice also, find a lower price within 60 days, submit proof, get the price diffence back as statement credit.

For fuel I use a Bank of America rewards card (not a business card either), 3% cash back, no annual fees either. Yea I know they are anti gun but I'll take them for as much as I can every year and invest the proceeds in primers/powder.

I pay my cards off each month so I'm just collecting the cash back every month on shit I would just buy anyway using cash or a debit card.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:51:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Credit cards are hard to get in a business name especially a new business. I  applied for several and got denied 10 years ago.Lowes even turned me down after I did the personal guarantee bull shit. Ended up going through my local bank. Explained the situation and got approved on the spot for a Visa with a 20K limit.

Now I've got a BP Visa in the company name I use for fuel. Corporate Lowes card and still use the local bank for everything else.

Do a credit app and open an in-store charge with a local supplier who knows and trusts you. It helps with the business credit rating.

Barring that just get a card in your name and use if for nothing but business expenses. Pay it off with the company account. No big deal and if you have descent credit any of the big card companies will give you a card with a workable credit limit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Chase Ink Cash. Five percent back at office supply stores, cellular, cable or satellite tv, etc, 2% gas stations and restaurants, 1% everything else. Usually a nice bonus if you meet a reasonable initial spend. A little difficult to get approved because you'll most likely have to talk to an analyst, but as long as you know your business, not a big deal.

If you don't think you can get approved for the Chase, Amex Simply Cash is easier to get and offers similar 5% on cell charges, office supplies, etc, then choose a 3% category. Also will have an initial bonus with a reasonable spending level.
View Quote
This is what I have usually put 20-25k a month on it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:11:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
yup
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
It really depends on what your goal is.

If you want to travel, either an Amex (Delta/Skyteam airlines) or a Chase Visa combined with a Chase Sapphire Reserve or Preferred card (Star Alliance) is going to be your bag.

I use a Chase Ink card for business expenses and a Chase Sapphire card for personal. Points transfer from the business card to my personal card, and then out to the airline/hotel I'm booking at. International Business class saver tickets can be had on Star Alliance partners for as little as 75,000 points, economy as little as 35,000 points. This is an absolutely fantastic way to see the world as a business owner, and one of the best perks of owning a business (in my opinion)

If you just want cash back... heck, just find a card with the best cash back rate. Personally, I feel like cash back is a silly waste of points. I frequently get redemption values up around 6 cents a point on air travel - you simply cannot get a cash back card that gives you that much value.

Check out "The Points Guy", it's a website dedicated to points travel and a really excellent resource.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top