Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 1:42:57 PM EDT
I have a shitload of points on my credit card and can get a 40" Polaroid 4k UHD tv, but I cannot get a definitive answer on whether you can actually watch regular TV channels on it, with an antennae.  I live in the country so no cable and too cheap to get a dish (so I can pay a hundred bucks a month to watch about 10-12 channels I actually want to watch.)

The info listed for the TV tells all about the great streaming and shit it can do but says zero about channels and other stuff.  Is this a streaming only TV?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#1]
What model Polaroid ?  Antenna connection should be standard on all TVs.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I would guess that yes you can. Make sure to get a quality HD antenna.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:04:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#4]
get the model number
check the polaroid website to verify it has a tuner and is a tv, not a monitor

some companies are droping the tv tuner to save a few bucks, vizio is one such company that does this
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#5]
If it's marketed as a television, then it is required by law to have a tuner.  Otherwise it's a display or a monitor or some other term.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Here is the website for the tv:

http://polaroid.com/chromecast-built-in

My main concern is if it has the thing to screw a cable/coax into, for an antenna.  It has 3 HDMI ports and a USB port for "service" only, whatever that means.  Apparently it doesn't have any of those multi colored things to plug in the old VCR's and such, from what I can find, but there is nothing about a coax hook up.  if it has a place for a coax, I would be good to go.

EDIT:  Apparently it does have an antenna hook up as this site says it has an RF antenna.  Is an RF antenna a place to connect an antenna to?  As you can tell, I know shit about TV's.

http://www.evine.com/Product/467-094
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:13:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I used to sell TV's. Really recommend you reconsider buying this brand.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:23:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to sell TV's. Really recommend you reconsider buying this brand.
View Quote
Thanks, can you tell me why?

@zoom6zoom
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top