Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 12:39:51 PM EDT
I will be attending a conference at the Chase center in August. Can anyone recommend a hotel? My preference is Hilton or Holiday Inn properties.

I posted this in Hometown also, but things seem pretty dead over there.

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The Christiana Hilton is good.

http://www.hiltonchristiana.com/

Nothing in DE is farther than a ten minute drive, so any hotel is within reasonable distance (to anyone not from Delaware).  From that hotel, it's jump on 95 and go North 2 exits, no problems.

You don't want to stay in actual downtown Wilmington.

If you stay at that Hilton, go across the highway and eat at Jose's Border Café (big "EAT" sign).  Try the gumbo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Cannot stress this enough.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:56:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The Christiana Hilton is good.

http://www.hiltonchristiana.com/

Nothing in DE is farther than a ten minute drive, so any hotel is within reasonable distance (to anyone not from Delaware).  From that hotel, it's jump on 95 and go North 2 exits, no problems.

If you stay at that Hilton, go across the highway and eat at Jose's Border Café (big "EAT" sign).  Try the gumbo.
View Quote
Gumbo in Delaware?

You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Give Joe Biden a call, he lives somewhere by.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
there's a hotel attached to the Chase center. I think its the Westin. They just built it a year or so ago.

eta:
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Gumbo in Delaware?

You serious Clark?
View Quote
Very serious.

I've had all the best gumbos, from all over NO, greater LA, MS, even some decent ones in AL and FL.

Jose's is excellent.  Not the absolute best by any means, but it's better than any of the "tourist" spots in NO (none of which are bad).

I'd also recommend Booth's Corner, PA - their farmer's market has a stall called Cajun Kate's.  Also excellent gumbo.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Very serious.

I've had all the best gumbos, from all over NO, greater LA, MS, even some decent ones in AL and FL.

Jose's is excellent.  Not the absolute best by any means, but it's better than any of the "tourist" spots in NO (none of which are bad).

I'd also recommend Booth's Corner, PA - their farmer's market has a stall called Cajun Kate's.  Also excellent gumbo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gumbo in Delaware?

You serious Clark?
Very serious.

No tomatoes, correct?

It's funny where you can find good food out of place.

When I was in Los Angeles, my driver told me he  spent a few years in NOLA. He was telling me that at the farmers market, there is outfit that makes beignets that are just as good as Cafe Du Monde.

You just never know where you can find good food.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top