Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2001 6:20:02 PM EDT
hey guys -

i was watching extra and they had a bit on where the next survivor is going to be.  i thought everyone knew.  it's kenya in afrika.

steve
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm I heard the Amazon
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 6:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought they were gonna be in South Central L.A.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#3]
LawDawg set me up.  He said that Keith was the winner of Survivor II, and he just got voted off.  I am really chapped up.

Survivor has one moral.  Trust no one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Texas in a pink Volvo station wagon with the IM gay, voted for Gore, and here to get your gun bumper sticker.  

O, wait, that was a joke.  Never mind.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#5]
The fact that anyone even cares is just another piece of evidence that America is circling the drain.  "Survivor" is nothing more than Hollywood hype meant to apease the masses.
Just my $.02

mattjedi[x]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#6]
"Survivor" is nothing more than Hollywood hype meant to apease the masses
View Quote

No $hit sherlock, it's called "entertainment," and that's all it was ever for, whether it be stupid tv shows, radio shows, serialized newspaper stories, novels, plays, etc.... Such tv shows are hardly "another piece of evidence that America is circling the drain" since cheesy "entertainment" like this has existed long before any of us were around..
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:19:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Bread and circuses.

The Republic is lost.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#8]
i watched the finally last night and i have to say - it looked really staged.  i knew that tina was going to win just by the editing of the show.  why colby threw the game and chose tina instead of keith - he just threw his million away, but if the producers told me to do so and they had a little guacamole on the back side for me - i would too.

my guess is the producers wanted a chick to win so it's not an "all male show"  the cast of s3 i think are going to be like the crew of the 3rd apollo mission - no one really cares or watches anymore.  you can only use scantily clad young females in micro boob tubes for so many times before it just 'bay watches out'.  

mark burnett - start looking for a new concept mate!

steve
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:40:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I only saw an hour of it, I was out and set my VCR speed too high :(

I thought Tina would win, because everyone must have resented Colby winning so many immunity and reward challenges.  He was living large while they were hating life.

Anyway, I missed the Survivor reunion after the show, which is too bad. I read that Debb took being voted out first very personally, and she broke down at the reunion and started freaking out in a neurotic hysteria.  That's great tv, man.  You can't see stuff like that on Friends.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't wait till we get to the ultimate expression of survivor....

On an island armed with the AR-15 of their choice 16 people try to become the last person alive on the island when the plane comes back in 42 days and is the lone survivor. My vote and this 5.56 round goes towards Keith.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#11]
It takes place in rural Texas.

You start in a Volvo with a rainbow colored bumper stick that says:

I'm Gay, Gore Won, and I'm Hear to Take Your Guns.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:57:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Colby should have strangled Tina in her sleep during their last night together.  Now THAT would have been entertaining.

Fava beans anyone?  [%|]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#13]
I heard it was going to be in Hainan, China.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:13:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:16:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Survivor 3 is going to be in Africa. They slapped together a bunch of video clips of various animals running around. Lions, water buffalos, gazzelles, hippos and elephants.

The reason why Debb broke down crying was that as soon as she was voted off, the tabloid press aired all her dirty laundry. The gossip rags found out that she married her step son and the mudslinging started.

The lesson here is: if you have a lot of skeletons in your closet, it's best that you don't appear on America's #1 TV show.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#16]
South Central LA??? the problem is that the show is called SURVIVOR.....

I know its hollywood crap, but at least it is a show about making it tough for people.  Seems like America thrives on luxury and ease...we need to become tougher instead of fag shows promoting pansies and limp wrist pole smokers.

they do make it tough for the "survivors", but they also dont show the re-takes and other camera stuff in the background that make the show look good.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#17]
I only watch it for the chicks.  I keep hoping for a cat fight where one of those bikini tops comes flying off.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Survivor IV should be in N. Korea where they are really fighting to survive, maybe eat a little tree bark, mmmmmm, goood~tree bark...
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 12:46:47 PM EDT
[#19]
the next location takes place in outerspace, where the 12 contestants hover about, and the first to probe uranus wins.
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#20]
"Survivor" my ass. They have food, shelter, medical care and even matches provided.  Give em a bed roll, a rifle, 100 rounds of ammo, drop  them off in a remote part of the world and tell em " If you are around one year from now, meet us back here and we'll pick you up".
I'd do that for a million bucks.  Any one want to take me  on?
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 1:32:15 PM EDT
[#21]
stipilot,

I believe that is called suicide.  

But an interesting idea??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top