Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2017 7:17:59 AM EDT
Saw this on a deal site so I figured id pass the info on.

So before I guess you would have to show your ID every time to get the discount. Also this is for active or retired military now. (before it was active duty only I believe based on press release)

Now they connect it to a mylowes card so you can get the 10% off online and in the store just using your card. (don't have to show military id each time)

Link for signup.

https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?context=military

Press release
https://newsroom.lowes.com/news-releases/lowes-expands-support-military-enhanced-discount/
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

So before I guess you would have to show your ID every time to get the discount.

Now they connect it to a mylowes card so you can get the 10% off online and in the store just using your card. (don't have to show military id each time)

Link for signup.

View Quote

Fucking awesome. My local Lowes is always out of stock of shit when I need it.

ETA: Just so it's noted, Lowes does mil discount on sale items like appliances and shit, and Home Depot doesn't. I did it on a stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, and it worked for everything at Lowes. Home Depot said fuck you on the Fridge.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Added retired Military as well, updated post.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:24:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Sweet.  Thanks OP

At the stores I've been to they will give it to any veteran, not just AD or retired.  Home Depot has the same 10% for vets.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sweet.  Thanks OP

At the stores I've been to they will give it to any veteran, not just AD or retired.  Home Depot has the same 10% for vets.  
View Quote
Like, with a DD214?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:27:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Like, with a DD214?
View Quote
Yup.  NM will put veteran on your DL as well.  Or VA card works too.

ETA:   If you plan on purchasing over $1500 go to the pro desk and have them QSP the order.  Usually more than 10% off.  This applies to non vets as well.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:31:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Like, with a DD214?
View Quote
If you have a lowes account go to https://www.lowes.com/mylowes/login?context=military and log in. See if you can put the info in to connect it to a mylowes card. 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:32:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

ETA:   If you plan on purchasing over $1500 go to the pro desk and have them QSP the order.  Usually more than 10% off.  This applies to non vets as well.
View Quote
Does a lowes credit card stack on top of that as well with the 5% off?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Does a lowes credit card stack on top of that as well with the 5% off?
View Quote
no

they stopped that a long time ago
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:50:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Don't forget that they also price match plus take off 10%.  Saved $200 on a fridge the other day when I showed them the same fridge on HD's website for 2 bucks cheaper.  Pretty sure it won't stack with the military discount though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Our Lowes discounts all vets, not just retired or active. Years ago I had veteran added to my drivers license and it is all I show. The Home depot is just too wonky about giving the discount so I do not go there often. I recently got a 10% discount on a $2400 Samsung fridge

Vince
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Last year, signed up at ebenefits. Tried to get a Vet ID card. Couldn't find or see the link to do so. Tried again this morning.

Then I remembered it is the VA I am dealing with and the VA doesn't want a vet getting anything..still no easy way to find and to sign up for it.

My DL renewal is up in years, I will have the state ID me as a vet.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:51:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Last year, signed up at ebenefits. Tried to get a Vet ID card. Couldn't find or see the link to do so. Tried again this morning.

Then I remembered it is the VA I am dealing with and the VA doesn't want a vet getting anything..still no easy way to find and to sign up for it.

View Quote
Once you log on/in it's on the right side of the page under either "My letters" or "My documents", or something very similar to that.

Just FYI/SA.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:51:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Home Depot is hit or miss with the 10% veteran discount. They only offer it to AD, retired or service connected disability on your Vet ID card. I'm an honorably discharged vet with the Vet ID card and the last time I tried it a home depot I was denied because my ID didn't have the service connected disability.

Reading the fine print from Lowe's they are offering it to ALL honorably discharged vets also. Kudos to them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:54:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't one of them have a dollar limit on the discount? Like a max of $20 off or something like that?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:54:50 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
I visited my local VA clinic and provided my DD214 and completed the paperwork for enrollment and they sent it off for processing. About a month later i had the Vet ID card.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:02:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Doesn't one of them have a dollar limit on the discount? Like a max of $20 off or something like that?
View Quote
Lowes page from 4 days ago says $500 limit per day per person, but now they removed that so it may be unlimited $ amount.

Updated page.
https://www.lowes.com/l/in-store-services.html

Cached.
https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:t2zue5PsVPMJ:https://www.lowes.com/cd_In-Store%2BServices_745829091_+&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

"Maximum discount allowed is $500 per person per day per transaction." <- that's removed now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote
Does your county have any veteran ID?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Pretty cool
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks OP!

I filled out the online application for a MyLowe's account (not the credit card), then it went to a page to enter my military status (selected veteran and then entered date of discharge).  It said I now get 10% off by using my phone number at checkout, but it said my veteran info would be sent to SheerID for verification.  Anyone know how good/safe is SheerID?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not Lowes
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've had a HealtheVet account for several years and a Premium account for the last two or three. Don't know if they've evolved the system but I recall having to fill out the form and taking that with my DD214 to the local clinic in order to verify ID and process the application. The card might be a separate request, can't recall, but is well worth it for checking into appointments and discounts at retailers and restaurants.

Go all the way with the Premium. Best health care I've ever had. Doc loves it because he can stay close to all his patients with minimal fuss or red tape. Dr. J loves messaging.

Sign up for everything and learn how to use the system. Does your clinic have walk in forms? Use those for stuff needing looked at today. I've never had to wait more than 30min to see at least a nurse. If the nurse thinks it's bad enough to see a doc, they'll get me into see one within the hour. Either way, the nurse puts the info into the computer and doc sees it same day.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:36:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Signed up... easy breezy.. thanks op
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like, with a DD214?

At my HD and Lowes its active duty only and they won't take the DL as proof.
McCoys will.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Best to visit the VA in person.  Oh and if you fall in the OIF/OEF realm, seek out the OIF/OEF office to be processed as opposed to the regular front desk.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:26:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks OP, just signed up.  I do all of my home improvement shopping at lowes.  They would never accept the "Veteran" designation that is on my license, even though to get it I had to send a copy of my DD214 to DMV.  I have one of those old VA ID's with my social security number boldly on the front, I hate using it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:28:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Does your county have any veteran ID?
View Quote
County no, state yes. But it is attached to the DL, which isn't up until 2019.

Thanks for reading..I don't want VA health care, have kick ass BCBS (thank you uncle sugar)..I just want a Vet ID card for lowes
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:32:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I just became a Lowes customer after years at Home Depot.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Sweet, just signed up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Their is a reason that I buy kobalt. 10% off and the no questions asked return policy. The 24v brushless drill/impact set is tits awesome.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Fucking awesome. My local Lowes is always out of stock of shit when I need it.

ETA: Just so it's noted, Lowes does mil discount on sale items like appliances and shit, and Home Depot doesn't. I did it on a stove, microwave, dishwasher, washer and dryer, and it worked for everything at Lowes. Home Depot said fuck you on the Fridge.
View Quote
Yep.

I got my discount last night on a Miter saw that was on sale. I do not have a veterans ID, but my USAA membership card worked when I showed them.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 6:56:36 PM EDT
[#31]
In for "I didn't serve my country for discounts."
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
In for "I didn't serve my country for discounts."
View Quote
What is wrong with discounts?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Home Depot is hit or miss with the 10% veteran discount. They only offer it to AD, retired or service connected disability on your Vet ID card. I'm an honorably discharged vet with the Vet ID card and the last time I tried it a home depot I was denied because my ID didn't have the service connected disability.

Reading the fine print from Lowe's they are offering it to ALL honorably discharged vets also. Kudos to them.
View Quote
My HD honors mine every single time. Never a problem. Same with Lowes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:41:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lowes is better anyway.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:42:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
McCoys will.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Like, with a DD214?  

McCoys will.  
Our local Home Depots both accept my retired military ID.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#36]
My local Lowes, Menards and HD always give military 10% discount, active and retired even on Black Friday.

I know that because I helped one of my neighbors, USAF retired hauling some lumber with my trailer few years ago.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
My local Lowes, Menards and HD always give military 10% discount, active and retired even on Black Friday.

I know that because I helped one of my neighbors, USAF retired hauling some lumber with my trailer few years ago.
View Quote
They give it to vets too.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:54:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

So before I guess you would have to show your ID every time to get the discount. Also this is for active or retired military now. (before it was active duty only I believe based on press release)

Link for signup.

Press release
https://newsroom.lowes.com/news-releases/lowes-expands-support-military-enhanced-discount/
View Quote

Damnit. Just dropped 2k online last week with lowes
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Go to the store and see if they can adjust the sale? Say you had no idea the program existed and I bet a manager might be cool. You could return everything otherwise considering they have a return policy. 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:59:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Every time I get a new John Deere riding mower I am sure to use my 10% military discount at lowes, saves me almost $300 each time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 10:59:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Thanks for the heads up OP.

Just signed up.

Checked my account status and had "verified" military status on my account within seconds after creating it.

I'll just use my phone number until my card comes.

Again thanks.

Tennessee has a "Veteran" stamp for your drivers license. But my Lowes would only accept it on holidays like Memorial Day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top