Page / 31
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:59:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Which 1911 should I buy?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:01:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

OK, then why was the 'review' section of FB shut down on Saturday and statement released at 5:45 on Monday?
View Quote
He probably found out how many orders have been canceled and is in OH SHIT mode trying to backpedal. You and RRA are the only fucking members of IFMA how the fuck do you not know what YOUR bought and paid for lobbyist is doing and why have you not shitcanned him?
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:04:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He probably found out how many orders have been canceled and is in OH SHIT mode trying to backpedal. You and RRA are the only fucking members of IFMA how the fuck do you not know what YOUR bought and paid for lobbyist is doing and why have you not shitcanned him?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory.

OK, then why was the 'review' section of FB shut down on Saturday and statement released at 5:45 on Monday?
Should have hired a gun person to make those decisions or at least to tell them when they're about to step on their dick in a way which will never be repairable.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmtedetail_donors.php?ein=464628447&cycle=2016

$50,000 Rock River Arms Colona IL 05/31/2016
$50,000 Springfield Armory Geneseo IL 05/31/2016
$50,000 Rock River Arms Colona IL 06/05/2015
$50,000 Springfield Armory Geneseo IL 05/25/2015

Since 2014, both companies donated $50k annually into the IFMA and the best they can do is a damage control statement? What a load of crap.

$150k from each company into the organization (to date) and they aren't aware of the organization's actions? Not buying it.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.opensecrets.org/527s/527cmtedetail_donors.php?ein=464628447&cycle=2016

Since 2014, both companies donated $50k annually into the IFMA and the best they can do is a damage control statement? What a load of crap.

$150k from each company into the organization (to date) and they aren't aware of the organization's actions? Not buying it.
View Quote
I agree, they are either really stupid in regards to their donations or liars.
That kind of money isn't given out without caveats.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:11:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
https://forms.irs.gov/app/pod/basicSearch/search?execution=e5s3&pacid=50494

https://forms.irs.gov/app/pod/basicSearch/search?_eventId_displayForm=true&formId=464628447-990POL-02&formtype=p990&execution=e5s3

Dennis Reese - Director
Tom Reese - Director
Jay Keller - Executive Director
Chuck Larson - Director

(edited to add: if the links stop working the IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN) is: #46-4628447, Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association, Form 990 has listed key employees)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder how many people are employed at the lobbying firm.  1?  100k in donations doesn't seem like a lot.

https://forms.irs.gov/app/pod/basicSearch/search?_eventId_displayForm=true&formId=464628447-990POL-02&formtype=p990&execution=e5s3

Dennis Reese - Director
Tom Reese - Director
Chuck Larson - Director

(edited to add: if the links stop working the IRS Employer Identification Number (EIN) is: #46-4628447, Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association, Form 990 has listed key employees)
Hopefully this info can get to TTAG and MAC.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dennis Reese - Director
Tom Reese - Director
Chuck Larson - Director

View Quote
@RRAMODERATOR  
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:14:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There you go....

Good work Evintos
View Quote
Yes, outstanding
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:21:55 AM EDT
[#9]
What scum bags. Should have known. Everything in that state is dirty...

Fuck you Springfield Armory
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:22:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I posted Envito's findings on SA's FB page and it was promptly deleted.

We should hit their page hard with the IRS info on IFMA.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:25:02 AM EDT
[#11]
For posterity

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:27:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I posted Envito's findings on SA's FB page and it was promptly deleted.

We should hit their page hard with the IRS info on IFMA.
View Quote
I did the same and so far it's still there. I'll keep reposting it till I'm blocked.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:39:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Jay Keller email

[email protected]

Has been a lobbyist in Illinois since 1989.

Lobbyist for SA as early as 2008

http://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2008-RFPs-Recieved.pdf
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:45:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yes, outstanding
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There you go....

Good work Evintos
Yes, outstanding
Yes

Very nice!

When the NPO that was supposed to be leading the fight against the bill, turns out to be the lobbyist group for the owners of both involved companies, and the lobbyist for that organization is basically their direct employee, there is little doubt left about their motives (corporate exemption).

The only other plausible explaination would be if Jay Keller threw them under the bus. If that's the case, then both companies should be pointing that out now, and then find out who paid him enough to cut his own proverbial throat.

GUILTY
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 1:55:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
For posterity

http://i.imgur.com/kwVWwN2.jpg
View Quote
weaponized autism woooo :)

This is the damning evidence for sure....
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 4:24:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

50k is chump change to both SA and RRA.  

Also, I can easily see both companies having yearly donations setup to go out automatically to IFMA without giving it a second thought or really paying any attention to what that organization is up to.  

Lastly, lets not forget that the source that broke this over the weekend/last week is the same firearms blog that said you don't have to engrave a Form 1'd lower.  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/foghorn/do-you-need-to-engrave-your-form-1ed-sbr/
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 5:19:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I like "“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory."   

I translate as "We got our exemption so while we still oppose it in theory we've thrown you guys overboard and we have a plan B.  Fuck all of you."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Statement from SA

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/springfield-armory-statement-regarding-gun-dealer-licensing-act-sb1657
I like "“At the time of my initial statement to the media, I was ill-informed of the ramifications of this bill and its detrimental effects to the Second Amendment, which I have personally fought to protect my entire life. I can tell you now, we at Springfield Armory are unequivocally 100 percent against this bill and will continue to work with the NRA and others to ensure that it is defeated,” said Dennis Reese, Chief Executive Officer, Springfield Armory."   

I translate as "We got our exemption so while we still oppose it in theory we've thrown you guys overboard and we have a plan B.  Fuck all of you."
I like how they put this in there. The NRA just gave everyone an ass fucking this past week. That doesn't hold any water with anyone serious.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:30:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Which 1911 should I buy?
View Quote
Sig
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 7:48:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Yes

Very nice!

When the NPO that was supposed to be leading the fight against the bill, turns out to be the lobbyist group for the owners of both involved companies, and the lobbyist for that organization is basically their direct employee, there is little doubt left about their motives (corporate exemption).

The only other plausible explaination would be if Jay Keller threw them under the bus. If that's the case, then both companies should be pointing that out now, and then find out who paid him enough to cut his own proverbial throat.

GUILTY
View Quote
If it walks like a duck......
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:34:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Also, I can easily see both companies having yearly donations setup to go out automatically to IFMA without giving it a second thought or really paying any attention to what that organization is up to.  

Lastly, lets not forget that the source that broke this over the weekend/last week is the same firearms blog that said you don't have to engrave a Form 1'd lower.  http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/01/foghorn/do-you-need-to-engrave-your-form-1ed-sbr/
View Quote
We have a member here who lobbies and watched the whole thing go down...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:40:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Which 1911 should I buy?
View Quote
Dan Wesson
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They are exempt, but how do they expect to sell anything if the retailers are run out of business?
View Quote

Well, there are dealers in 49 other states...

The B&M FFL's in IL have got to be flipping pissed.  I wouldn't carry their products any more.

And if I were a retailer sitting on a bunch of RRA or SA inventory I'd be sweating bullets right about now.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#23]
AFAIK, IL Dems still have a supermajority in the house.

This bill WILL pass the IL House if Madigan wants it to.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 8:56:20 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I wonder how many people are employed at the lobbying firm.  1?  100k in donations doesn't seem like a lot.
View Quote
I read that there are 4. not sure if the info was accurate, but 2 are SA employees/owners 1 is RRA and the other is the lobbyist.

ETA: I should have read down before replying.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#25]
SA and RRA can back pedal all they want.  They created this lobbying group.  They give it little oversight.  They don't want to accept fault.

Until they accept full responsibility for their actions and make this right, I'll never a use a new SA part in my M1A.  Nor will I buy any new RRA part.  If the bill is signed into law, I'll never use their brands(new/used) again.

http://www.captainsjournal.com/2017/05/01/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-and-the-illinois-firearms-manufacturers-association-licensing-scheme/
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:14:09 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I read that there are 4. not sure if the info was accurate, but 2 are SA employees/owners 1 is RRA and the other is the lobbyist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I doubt Keller spends 60 hrs a week on this, I imagine he's a lobbyist for multiple other interests or he does normal lawyer stuff a lot more than he does gun lobby stuff.  SA/RRA could be 5% - 10% of his business.

So I would have been somewhat understanding if SA/RRA came right out and said oh holy shit, we got preoccupied and trusted our lobbyist who's apparently a drunk or going through a divorce or something and thought he was helping us, we're very sorry and that dude is so fired and we're doing this and this and that immediately to fight the legislation (although that would have been amazingly negligent).  Alas, the response was slow and the vibe is weaselly.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:20:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Dan Wesson
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Which 1911 should I buy?
Dan Wesson
^ this
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:26:27 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
When you know how deals are cut in IL. its makes this even more hilarious.

ANY firearm related business has its finger on the pulse of firearm legislation in IL. so hard it hurts the artery.

They have millions at risk, their entire livelihoods, their entire business's, the food for their kids table at risk in a state Legislature infamous for trying to sneak thru stupid gun Laws that at least gives the appearance they are doing something about crime in the violent crime capitol of the country. Which is Chicago and collar towns. Then you have Rockford and Joliet and others.

To even think they didnt know what the Lobbying group they pay for was doing for two years, on a bill that so deeply affected them, after an agreement is negotiated that benefits them so greatly? is simply INSANE!

You'd really have to be a moron to believe it. Not even the people in The Land of Linco...<suckers> would believe it.
View Quote
Hey, hey, hey... Some of us downstate aren't as dumb as we look!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:43:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

So to believe what they have said in their press releases the lobby went off the reservation and took a course of action never discussed with either SA or RRA.

That doesn't happen.

Ever.
View Quote
And let's say for the moment that this did happen, that the lobbyist went off the reservation. What do you do when that happens? You fire them! Especially something that will literally destroy your business. You don't hem and haw and say there was a "disconnect" and they believe the lobbyist was trying to do something in their best interest. I really was trying to give at least RRA the benefit of the doubt, but that's almost impossible now
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:46:58 AM EDT
[#30]
To be fair, their ineptitude and ignorance in coming out with this measly mind numbing response is proof that maybe they are so inept and ignorant of their lobbying...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 9:59:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
AFAIK, IL Dems still have a supermajority in the house.

This bill WILL pass the IL House if Madigan wants it to.
View Quote
67 Dem and 51 Rep.  The House currently needs 60 votes to pass a bill by May 31.  Our hope here is for the downstate Dems which typically have a different view on firearms than the Chicago Dems.

In general, a simple majority vote is required to pass a bill - 30 in Senate and 60 in House.. After May 31, bills that are to take effect before June 1 of the following year must receive a three-fifths majority vote in order to pass - 36 Senate / 71 House
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:00:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To be fair, their ineptitude and ignorance in coming out with this measly mind numbing response is proof that maybe they are so inept and ignorant of their lobbying...
View Quote
Like I said before, if they're that inept then I wouldn't want to trust my life to their weaons.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 10:35:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
They are exempt, but how do they expect to sell anything if the retailers are run out of business?
View Quote
other states, other countries, govt contracts

they really should get into the entertainment business Americans give them a pass for the most heinous anti American products...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#34]
We are expected to believe this  are you kidding me!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:21:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Shouldn't be very long now before someone creates a 'Hiter is pissed' or 'Mexicaan Laughing Guy' video
about this.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Daily bump
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If a business doesn't have a clue what's going on in it's home state's legislature and how their lobbyist is representing them, they clearly are idiots in my opinion.
With this kind of legislation being voted on, I think I can dedicate time out of my schedule to ensure lobbyists knew my views and I had a clear understanding with them on how they plan to represent my interests.

Ignorance is not an excuse. Especially after you miraculously end up benefiting from the situation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:40:59 AM EDT
[#38]
And it just gets better...

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-made-campaign-contributions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/

..."The gun community continues to react to news of a deal made by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms to carve out an exemption from a state licensing scheme (SB-1657). Both Springfield and Rock River Arms have issued statements denying any knowledge of the deal negotiated on their behalf by the lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association (IFMA). An organization funded by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.

We can now reveal that Springfield and Rock River have, through IFMA, donated tens of thousands of dollars to Illinois anti-gun politicians over the last several years."...
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/05/john-boch/springfield-armory-rock-river-arms-made-campaign-contributions-to-anti-gun-rights-politicians/

..."The gun community continues to react to news of a deal made by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms to carve out an exemption from a state licensing scheme (SB-1657). Both Springfield and Rock River Arms have issued statements denying any knowledge of the deal negotiated on their behalf by the lobbyist for the Illinois Firearms Manufacturing Association (IFMA). An organization funded by Springfield Armory and Rock River Arms.

We can now reveal that Springfield and Rock River have, through IFMA, donated tens of thousands of dollars to Illinois anti-gun politicians over the last several years."...
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:49:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Dennis Reese - Director
Tom Reese - Director
Chuck Larson - Director

View Quote
Oh my!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 11:50:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Can someone make a copy of the meme where the 3 guys are laughing and throwing their heads back.

saying - Springfield Armory and RRA really cares!
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:03:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
You HAVE to hit that link & read the WHOLE article!!!

These people at these companies have been undermining our rights for YEARS!

What we've seen lately in just the tip of the proverbial iceberg
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Never owned any of their products but was thinking of buying a SA auto and another AR. Scratch that idea off my list. I'm spending my money on a Sig now and buy an AR-15 from someone else. I prefer to do business with more reputable companies. Getting a free knife in the back isn't how I do business.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You HAVE to hit that link & read the WHOLE article!!!

These people at these companies have been undermining our rights for YEARS!

What we've seen lately in just the tip of the proverbial iceberg
View Quote
Giving money to Cullerton and Madigen  The two biggest anti gun assholes who consistently fuck us over on gun rights at every turn. Holes getting even fucking deeper. 
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey now, how can we expect Springfield and RRA to keep track of the tens of thousands of dollars their pet lobbyist has been giving to the worst state level anti-gun politicians in the nation on their behalf since 2012?  

Miscommunications, miscommunications everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe they are planning to take this to the state supreme court and getting an exemption now lets them stay in business long enough to do that.

Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow...I hope this is the nail in the coffin.
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 5/2/2017 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top