Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 4:08:30 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Is it just me or does the bullet look old?

The storie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
New can be reloaded.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It definitely wasn't recently fired. Must have been lying in the road and got kicked up by the vehicle in front.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:14:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:16:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It definitely wasn't recently fired. Must have been lying in the road and got kicked up by the vehicle in front.
View Quote
That's exactly what the markings on  that old bullet look like.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Pretty much, look at all the oxidation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:21:05 PM EDT
[#6]
New Hampshire is full of Fudds shooting on the highway.  I'm guessing it was a revolutionary from
over two hundred years ago.

Time to ban the fudds.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Pretty much, look at all the oxidation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Even if it was oxidized from being old, the rifling would have left new copper exposed.  I smell a "there's a cockroach in my food" plant for lawsuit lottery.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Even if it was oxidized from being old, the rifling would have left new copper exposed.  I smell a "there's a cockroach in my food" plant for lawsuit lottery.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
...and no deformation of the bullet at all?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:44:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Doesn't look like a bullet hole.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:44:10 PM EDT
[#10]
either the story is fuky with photo's used in place of actual windshield and bullet, or someone used a slingshot.

the bullet pictured was not recently fired, and it would not have been recovered inside the car. embedded/stuck  in the lower edge of the windshield, but not inside the car. (if the pictures are of the actual items involved.)
if they aren't then the author should be pistol whipped for misleading the readers.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sig probably tracks and videos all range activity going on they can tell if anyone was even firing  .45 that day.  And since NH-101 runs parallel to the ranges, someone using their ranges and firing a round 90 degree to the lanes of fire would surely have been noticed by the RSOs.

So Sig can probably pull their documents and video for the day in question and stomp any lottery lawsuit into a mudhole with very minimal effort.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:50:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
Now you saying that just reminded me, I found a bunch of .45 projectiles last week that I shot two months ago in to the snow at the inlaws property.  They looked perfect, except the rifling marks were still shiny after two month. I wish I took pictures, but i did not.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Maybe the round was kicked up by a tire like a rock. But it sure as fuck wasn't fired from a gun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sig probably tracks and videos all range activity going on they can tell if anyone was even firing  .45 that day.  And since NH-101 runs parallel to the ranges, someone using their ranges and firing a round 90 degree to the lanes of fire would surely have been noticed by the RSOs.

So Sig can probably pull their documents and video for the day in question and stomp any lottery lawsuit into a mudhole with very minimal effort.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they don't have cameras at all the ranges, at least I never saw them when I have been there a few times.  It's a big facility.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:53:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or there's a mouse in my beer, eh
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:57:11 PM EDT
[#16]
As stated, the ranges run along 101.
Bullet looks old.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Just cucks trying to kick out Sig. They are doing the "we found bullets on our property" around every shooting range in the bay area.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:07:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Correlation does not imply causation.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#19]
I'll take "Let me shoot my windshield with an old bullet from a slingshot and try to cash in" for 200, Alex.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like a bullet that had been laying in/on the ground for months to years that was struck by another bullet and thrown into the air.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#21]
I was there on 4/17 shooting a 9mm so it wasn't me.

Sig takes safety very serious so I doubt they would allow anyone to shoot over the berms which are very high.

Looks to me like someone who hates guns and wants to hurt sig found an old 45 bullet and shot it out of a sling shot at their car to cause trouble and possibly make some money.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 5:32:21 PM EDT
[#22]
If it were recently fired, the bullet would have been deformed on impact and not have rust on the jacket.
It's possible a bullet did hit her car, but that unrelated bullet happened to be lying around.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:51:55 PM EDT
[#23]
How far away from the car was the Sig?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#24]
The bright scuffing on the old bullet and the lack of bright rifling marks leads me to believe that the bullet was picked up by a tire like a pebble on the road and flung through the windshield.

Alternatively, the bullet was "found" inside the car by the windshield repairman...or maybe not.

Regardless of how that bullet really found its way into the car, it hadn't been  fired by a gun for a hell of a long time,  if ever.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top