Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 3:37:24 PM EDT
Going to Paris the first week of June for work.  I want to add about three days to the trip.  What should I see/do?  Currently thinking:

Electric Bike Tour Around Paris
Trip to Normandy
The Louvre

What else?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:41:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Going to Paris the first week of June for work.  I want to add about three days to the trip.  What should I see/do?  Currently thinking:

Trip to Normandy
The Louvre

What else?
View Quote

Body armor, and then - stay in you hotel room.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:41:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:44:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Versailles is amazing.  

I personally would do the non touristy areas and get out in the country.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 3:53:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Trip to Normandy
The Louvre

What else?
View Quote

The Louvre wasn't worth it, IMO.  It's an all day affair.  Notre Dame was damn impressive.  Go see the Eiffel Tower at night and while you are down there, look up a restaurant called Chez L'Ami Jean.  You need reservations and it isn't cheap, but holy shit it's worth it.  Get the 5 course "Chef's Option".  Dude will cook stuff, see if you like it and then figure out what to cook next for you.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:00:15 PM EDT
[#5]
people will say do the "non touristy stuff" but you don't have enough time IMO.

Louvre-you could spent weeks in there if you like art at all. One day but don't rush to see it all, just relax and take in what you can.

tower at night

eat at a local restaurant- they are not hard to find, ask around

Notre dame

Versailles

spend a day walking around-go eat some cheese/bread/wine along a river. The worst thing you could do would be to rush rush rush to see it all when you cant
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Trip to Normandy
The Louvre

What else?
View Quote

Hire a car and head out out of Paris to see the real France.  You shouldn't have to go far to get out to the villages.  

Stay in a B&B for a couple of nights, mix with the locals and try to speak as much French as possible.  Pick somewhere with a point of interest or a decent walking area, but take time to head back and enjoy a leisurely French evening meal and the cafe culture.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
When you get to Caen go visit the Ardenne Abby.
Also hop over to Brittany and stay a night or two at Le Mont St Michel.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Take a weekend trip to New Orleans to prepare, you will thank me later.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Eff Paris.

Go to Normandy, i spent ten days there and still missed some stuff.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top