Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2017 8:18:57 AM EDT
http://globalnews.ca/news/3393855/law-stops-michigan-police-from-sex-with-prostitutes/

Undercover police officers in Michigan will no longer be able to have sex with prostitutes who they’re investigating, under a new law that was unanimously approved by the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee earlier this week.

Senate Bill 275 aims to amend the Michigan Penal Code to make it possible for police officers to be prosecuted for prostitution-related offences, “if the officer engaged in sexual penetration while in the course of his or her duties.”
View Quote
Michigan police currently enjoy immunity from prosecution for having sex with prostitutes on the clock, something that doesn’t sit well with Republican Sen. Judy Emmons, who sponsored the bill.

She added that Michigan is the only state in the U.S. that still has this law in its books.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:22:12 AM EDT
[#1]
But what about the blow man? What about the blow?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:22:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that takes the fun out of the job.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn terrorists are gonna win now.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:23:35 AM EDT
[#4]
And their recruitment problems continue to grow...
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well that takes the fun blow out of the job.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:24:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Where's their union, grievance time
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Employers taking away the benefits.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:27:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Good. Until we're allowed the same right, screw 'em (not literally) 
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:28:55 AM EDT
[#9]
If you want to work Vice, you got to understand Vice.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:32:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Hawaii got a lot of backlash from police when they did this. Who'd thunk having sex with street walkers was a job perk?
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:32:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Well shit. Sumpter PD is going to have to find something else to "do" on night shift.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good. Until we're allowed the same right, screw 'em (not literally) 
View Quote
I agree they bust civilians for doing it then post their mugs in the news papers and on TV yet they do it and call it in the line of duty. That's like shooting innocent people and they call it in the line of duty casualties and getting away with it. Which they have done and not got prosecuted for doing.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]
No penetration, so department sponsored handjobs are still ok. Better than nothing
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:50:18 AM EDT
[#15]
I wonder how their expense reports read?

Hookers:  $250, no receipt.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#16]
That sucks for them, well, maybe there will be no sucking now either.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Freeze buddy...I'm a cop.

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:52:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Shit like that is exactly why I never became a police officer when I lived in Michigan.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 12:02:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I wanted to go into law enforcement but my wife said I'd be copping a feel I mean attitude. That's why I became a Firefighter paramedic. Actually made more money.

No actually Fire Rescue offered wayyyy more benefits and more money and I liked the 24 on and 48 off and every third week I had 5 days off. That and everyone loves Firefighters, not some much LEOs

Now my brother became a sheriff. But he flys a helocopter for the sheriff's dept.  Which is great because when I visit and he's working night shift I can fly with him some.

But hell you've got some LEOs arresting firefighters while on scene because some LEOs are trying to be incident commanders and tell fire rescue what to do on scene to keep personal and patients safe.  

When they have absolutely zero authority to order incident commanders or fire rescue vehicles off accident scenes treating patients on the ground.  By telling them to move injuried patients or fire vehicles blocking lanes to keep traffic from running into emergency personel and patients.

When fire rescue refuses these rouge cops arrest fire rescue personel. This has been in the news the last few months. Of coarse they were released right away after the LEOs supervisors got hold of them. But the reporters had already got it on video.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top