Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 11:26:22 PM EDT
I don't know why (and I'm slightly embarrassed, because I don't really like H&K ARs), but I really like the color combo on some of the G28/CSASS rifles.  Most of my ARs are rattle canned, but I'm building a 6.5G and I'm thinking of making this one a little more nice with some Cerakote.

With that said, what fucking color combo is going on here with the receivers?  From my research it appears the lighter color is called RAL8000 (is that correct?), but does anyone know what color the darker color is (or is that anodized)?

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Also, the rest of the AR is gonna have a bunch of DDC Geissele shit, so I'm pretty much just going to get the receivers Cerakoted (still not sure if I'm going to do both one solid color or different colors like the one above).

So yeah, stupid or not?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:31:37 PM EDT
[#1]

Don't copy those 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Your weapon do what you want and makes you happy. After what I've seen some people do to their weapons. This looks good. Besides it looks like any other FDE AR to me kinda like a SCAR color combo almost but different shades.

Some people will like it some won't what's important is that you like it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:35:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Don't copy those 
View Quote
I mean, they're not the only ones.  Some of the FDE SCAR 17s have like 30 different shades of "FDE", which for some reason I like (don't know why).    The H&K is just the closest of the AR pattern rifles I've seen with a somewhat similar color layout.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:39:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Chrome it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
So like a matte finished gold plate ?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I mean..........that's one idea, I guess.  
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:45:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So like a matte finished gold plate ?
View Quote
I think the top picture's lower receiver is actually anodized as it looks pretty close to some Geissele DDC handguards I have.  I guess I'm more referring to the bottom picture (upper and lower receiver).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top