Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 6:06:33 PM EDT
So I'm a pretty mediocre pistol shot. I saw a review for this thing and decided to pick it up. I've only tested on dry fire so far but I keep getting 'Great Shot'. How am I a great shot if I'm not a great shot? Does this thing actually work?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:18:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used one for a few handgun dryfire and live fire sessions.  The graph of your movement is interesting and I am motivated to improve my scores.  It helps to diagnose how I'm pulling the trigger.  It does help me with live fire since I unconsciously flinch slightly compared to dryfire.  

Overall, this device is useful but not necessary as other techniques, such as dime and washer dryfire drills and mixing dummy rounds with live, can help with trigger control too.  I think it would be a good tool for new shooters who don't have access to a coach.

In your case, you probably have a good dryfire press however you unconsciously flinch during live fire.  I'd suggest having someone randomly mix dummy and live rounds in your magazine to work on your flinch.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:28:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've used one for a few handgun dryfire and live fire sessions.  The graph of your movement is interesting and I am motivated to improve my scores.  It helps to diagnose how I'm pulling the trigger.  It does help me with live fire since I unconsciously flinch slightly compared to dryfire.  

Overall, this device is useful but not necessary as other techniques, such as dime and washer dryfire drills and mixing dummy rounds with live, can help with trigger control too.  I think it would be a good tool for new shooters who don't have access to a coach.

In your case, you probably have a good dryfire press however you unconsciously flinch during live fire.  I'd suggest having someone randomly mix dummy and live rounds in your magazine to work on your flinch.
View Quote
Cool yea I'm looking forward to trying it out live. I just wanted to try it asap because the concept is so cool. Are you doing draws with it? It should fit into a holster with a light/attachment spot molded in right?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Stop moving the gun when you pull the trigger.  There I fixed your problem. Thats basically all there is to shooting a pistol accurately since most ppl align the sites fine.

1) dryfire 30mins a day to train your brain to not flinch when you pull the trigger
2) shoot a lot so you become used to the gun going off and desensitized to the sound and recoil.

You had one job...pulling the trigger without moving the gun.

I was terrible with handguns when I started, understanding the problem was huge for me.  I had to bag the gun in to believe it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:50:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Cool yea I'm looking forward to trying it out live. I just wanted to try it asap because the concept is so cool. Are you doing draws with it? It should fit into a holster with a light/attachment spot molded in right?
View Quote
I wanted to try it for my draw, but I don't have a holster for a light attachment
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top