Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 11:10:30 AM EDT
Does your place of work have a lot of drama because of women? Seems I'm always hearing stories about them talking behind each other's back, grudges, fighting, and other drama.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Does your place of work have a lot of drama because of women? Seems I'm always hearing stories about them talking behind each other's back, grudges, fighting, and other drama.
View Quote

We get along. The men are a bunch of immature little cunts who puff up and can't work together because muh ego. YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#2]
My accounts manager is female, I get along well with her.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:20:17 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not a problem where I work.  Drama purveyors get fired.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:23:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We get along. The men are a bunch of immature little cunts who puff up and can't work together because muh ego. YMMV.
View Quote
I see, so you work on a custom car/motorcycle reality TV show?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
I work in a mostly male environment and they create more drama than any group of women.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:26:44 AM EDT
[#6]
It's all the way around where I work. Ladies in the office can't stop gossiping or bitchin.... Dudes in the shop can't stop gossiping or bitchin

Bunch of cunts
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:27:05 AM EDT
[#7]
The problem with people is that it only takes one person with a bad attitude to get everyone acting pissy. So, you need to fire that one bad apple ASAP.

Women on average tend to have a little more drama as a whole but some of the most annoying/catty individuals I have ever met in my life are men.

I remember one shop I worked at, one of the techs didn't like one of the parts guys and would always start shit with them over nothing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:27:28 AM EDT
[#8]
I haven't noticed any drama. I do have a female employee that thinks it's cool to come in a 10, leave at 3 and "WFH" even though no requirement get written, emails sent, or anything else noticeable happening.

it's pissing the other members of the team off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#9]
No, thank god.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes

When they are not gossiping or stirring the pot they are bitching because the other got a day off and they didn't.

Only 2 females at my work too

Any guys that did the above got the ax really quick

It wasn't like this at my previous jobs though. I will admit that
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:29:44 AM EDT
[#11]
The area I'm in is at least 70% female, with a lot in their twenties.

There is no drama.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:30:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes 80% of the drama and theft was female.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#13]
When I worked for a large financial institution the workplace was something like 60% women and 25% male-bodied women. It was nonstop bullshit. 

I work in an industry that is 80% male now and things are great. There's no office drama. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Tons of it here. Of course if you say any little thing or even answer the phone in the wrong tone, they tell my boss, boss tells me to stop being a dick.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Non stop. Its continuously about rumors, backstabbing, complaining, and the list goes on.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:34:42 AM EDT
[#16]
The machine shop where I worked for 4 years was full of a bunch of dudes and was FULL of drama.  Looking back it was laughable.  

I work with all women now and there's practically no drama.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't talk to the people I work with outside of work so no... But I think one of the couples are getting divorced. Don't know the details though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:37:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Depends on the bosses. If you have good management, the drama is usually not so bad. 

I will say that I think it spreads more like the telephone game with women in my experience, whereas drama with dudes usually has a lot of witnesses.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Yes and ive learned long ago not to say shit you dont want the entire company knowing about the next day, few of the guys are guilty of it too. Sitting in a truck all day draws all kind of conversation with whoever is sitting next to you but i keep most of the personal stuff to myself.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:38:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Funny thing is you put women together they talk=drama. Mix men & women gtg. 87% of the time.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#21]
The only drama I have had associated with a female employee was trying to keep the guys out of the office, that one was too pretty to be the only woman in a shop full of hard tails.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Yup.

Ohh...protus didn't agree with my bullshit idea on how to fix XYZ....

Fast forward....
Um yeah. You used my vacation time instead of the 2000 hours of sick leave..

Sorry protus can't change it..already submitted time..and you've got 78 hours already..so go home early @3.

Me-wtf you can't do that..those hours were last week.

Supervisor- ya know protus..its because you stood up to her in that meeting...

It was across the board..HR..called..dept. of labor..etc etc...
Our staffs manual time sheets vanished and it was clear labor dept. Did not access our digital records.

And for that..
We all got lower % yearly increases. 

Every week it's something here and women's egos are always the core of the issue.

Hens in a hen house ...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#23]
I work in Healthcare.  Its 95% women, 5% men.

Drama in the workplace?  Does a bear shit in the woods?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:43:46 AM EDT
[#24]
All the drama in our office comes from one overweight, 40-something project manager who thinks he knows everything, everything he says should be taken as gospel, and if HE ran the company (instead of the actual owner running it) it would be a much more efficient, profitable venture.  He's wrong on all counts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:45:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to work with a bunch of human beings and every one of the useless mouthbreathers
carried 4 yards of drama to 1 yard of work.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Yes and they belong to the "rich and vibrant" culture as well
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#27]
I've found women to be the worst, not because they produce more drama but because it's harder to cope with them when they do. Most of the guys who do it can be dealt with after a good heart to heart, but the women just get meaner and more vindictive after any kind of corrective action.

It's a shame, because some of the worst women doing it were some of the smartest and best workers I've known when they've actually worked. And now there's the ever present fear of them claiming sexual harassment.

I'm glad I'm self employed with no employees, the things some of my clients go through with employees is gawdawful.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:58:18 AM EDT
[#28]
The biggest lesson I learned about the workplace after graduating college was that it is like being back in high school again.  Drama, gossiping, backstabing, everyone does it, male or female.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Drama isn't exclusive to the womerns.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#30]
There was a interesting story written by a self described feminist who left her employer and started her own company, where she hired only women. Her theory was that an all woman company would be better because less fighting or toxic masculinity or whatever mentally ill idiocy feminists conjure up. I think the industry was marketing or advertising or something like that, so not physical at all.

The company quickly descended into cat fighting and bickering, click wars and backstabbing. The company failed in short order.

Found it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#31]
I have a female boss and she is the best boss I've ever had.

One rule ...

"Don't ever lie to me ..."

And she doesn't act pissy if you don't say "Mrs" when you talk to her.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:06:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Nurses.  What do you think?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:07:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There was a interesting story written by a self described feminist who left her employer and started her own company, where she hired only women. Her theory was that an all woman company would be better because less fighting or toxic masculinity or whatever mentally ill idiocy feminists conjure up. I think the industry was marketing or advertising or something like that, so not physical at all.

The company quickly descended into cat fighting and bickering, click wars and backstabbing. The company failed in short order.
View Quote

Was it this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:08:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was it this?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1168182/Catfights-handbags-tears-toilets-When-producer-launched-women-TV-company-thought-shed-kissed-goodbye-conflict-.html
Yeah that's it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:09:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I have more problems with the guys actually taking orders and getting shit done.

Most of the women are long term employees with experience and the problem guys are all millennials, so that might be it too.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Nope. That shit don't fly in the camera department baby.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:18:21 PM EDT
[#37]
The most annoying people at my last two workplaces were SJWs and gay folks who both seemed to have to make everything about racism and sexuality. We were trying to build cold, calculating software. It was stupid and unnecessary. Ultimately you could ignore their nonsense.  I left both companies due to ultra-shitty managers and outsourcing. Now I work from home so it's just me and the dog.

Tl;Dr it's not women, it's shitty people being shitty.

Eta but the dog farts real bad, so there's that to deal with. Jesus.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#38]
The drama only starts after you bang them, that is my experience.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:26:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I used to work with a bunch of women and some girly men. There was drama every day.

I used to cut acrylic with a laser and this one woman always made a big deal about the smell. Said it hurt her head. Funny thing is its the same damn smell she experiences when she has her nails done every week. She doesn't complain about that though.

My wife works in a doctors office with a bunch of women. There is drama every day and I get to hear about it. Thought I got away from that shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top