Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 9:11:34 AM EDT
http://shareblue.com/georgia-state-senator-lets-it-slip-gop-gerrymandered-ossoffs-district-to-disenfranchise-black-voters/#.WPf4a7tS-Sp.facebook

Click
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
A link to ShareBlue?  Really?  You're not even trying anymore.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:18:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Wife sent me this crap...but if it's true?

I'm not strictly 1 part over the other. They both suck IMO, it's just that democrats suck more, more often. Doesn't mean Republicans get a pass.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:24:17 AM EDT
[#3]
“I’ll be very blunt: These lines were not drawn to get Hank Johnson’s protégé to be my representative. And you didn’t hear that,” said Millar. “They were not drawn for that purpose, OK? They were not drawn for that purpose.”
View Quote
Meh, we all know that gerrymandering goes on everywhere, and always has, but that's wasn't an admission.  All Millar has to say is "I meant they were drawn up for the purpose of equal representation", checkmate bitches.

Also - article's author, or Rob Corddry got depressed and joined a blues band?:

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:30:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The Rs need to get busy drawing the lines back where they should be and not where they are to promote affirmative action.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife sent me this crap...but if it's true?

I'm not strictly 1 part over the other. They both suck IMO, it's just that democrats suck more, more often. Doesn't mean Republicans get a pass.
View Quote
It's from ShareBlue, so it isn't.

And even if it were true, Democrats do the same thing to white voters in urban areas, so until gerrymandering ceases to be a thing, I don't care.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:39:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's from ShareBlue, so it isn't.

And even if it were true, Democrats do the same thing to white voters in urban areas, so until gerrymandering ceases to be a thing, I don't care.
View Quote
I agree, im just saying I'm not okay with gerrymandering regardless of who's doing it or why.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#7]
You want gerrymandering?
Just look how Florida was redistricted.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#8]
not sure if it is that or the $9m that the Dems pumped into the race.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:47:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Rs need to get busy drawing the lines back where they should be and not where they are to promote affirmative action.
View Quote
I'm in favor of the GOP gerrymandering the fuck out of district maps, at least as long as it's a two party system.  It's not like the Democrats are going to stop rigging the districts they still control the maps for.  (But check back with me if there's ever a conservative/rational libertarian third party that's not ate up with stupid)  

I'm a straight arrow guy, but I say fight the left to win from now on, "fair play" can fuck off when the rules are twisted against us.  The left used this ruthlessly for years, reap the whirlwind motherfuckers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top