Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/20/2017 3:15:09 AM EDT
With a young Hitlery Clinton hugging his leg.  The UAA Art Department head basically said 'it's art and we like art of all types, so fuck off,' to paraphrase a tad.  Photos taken by former UAA faculty member.

Fucking unacceptable.    

Tom Case 
Chancellor
Phone (907) 786-1437

University of Alaska Anchorage
Office of the Chancellor
3211 Providence Drive, ADM 216
Anchorage, Alaska 99508

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:15:40 AM EDT
[#1]
the fuck?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:16:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the fuck?
View Quote
Yeah, I thought it was a joke until I pulled up the photos.  Anchorage is turning Alaska blue as it turns into a liberal hellhole. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:17:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah, I thought it was a joke until I pulled up the photos.  Anchorage is turning Alaska blue as it turns into a liberal hellhole. 
View Quote
I thought Alaska was dependably RED?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. FSA flocked here over the past two decades. In two decades more this place will vote like Hawaii, and be just as poor.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:22:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More purple at this point.  Pretty much everyone we have is a RINO and despite people trying, we can't get rid of the fucks.  Lisa Murkowski basically bribes the villages with handouts to get the native vote to stay in, everyone that is a threat gets destroyed in the papers as well.  It fucking goes for state level government as well.  Anyone that is a real conservative gets destroyed by the establishment.   Basically a microcosm of DC. 
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:27:44 AM EDT
[#6]
College art department libtards gunna libtard. No matter what state.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:40:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

More purple at this point.  Pretty much everyone we have is a RINO and despite people trying, we can't get rid of the fucks.  Lisa Murkowski basically bribes the villages with handouts to get the native vote to stay in, everyone that is a threat gets destroyed in the papers as well.  It fucking goes for state level government as well.  Anyone that is a real conservative gets destroyed by the establishment.   Basically a microcosm of DC. 
View Quote
Wow, so many states seem to follow that pattern - Portland - Oregon, Seattle + Olympia - Washington, SF & L.A. - CA, Northern Virginia - Virginia etc.

But besides the FSA thing I didn't even know about the RHINO stuff. Is the Rhino stuff new or been that way and us lower 48 people just never knew?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:46:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow, so many states seem to follow that pattern - Portland - Oregon, Seattle + Olympia - Washington, SF & L.A. - CA, Northern Virginia - Virginia etc.

But besides the FSA thing I didn't even know about the RHINO stuff. Is the Rhino stuff new or been that way and us lower 48 people just never knew?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say since Queen Lisa's dad passed, but I graduated HS in 2004, so it could have been earlier.  Sure seems like it's accelerated lately though.

I'll check this thread when I get back though.  Heading out the door for aurora photos.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:50:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Cut 100% of federal funding to universities for starters...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:58:34 AM EDT
[#10]
University, Art Dept.  Not sure why this should be a surprise in any state.

Not a fan of the painting....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:04:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 4:25:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Amateurish propaganda... I've seen better stuff in high schools.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:13:15 AM EDT
[#13]
A hammer and a quart of paint would fix that right up.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:40:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Washington is ruled by the libs in the Puget Sound area and fuck the rest of the state.

Ed
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 5:56:57 AM EDT
[#15]

Call and complain about student work in the art school gallery.....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Nope. FSA flocked here over the past two decades. In two decades more this place will vote like Hawaii, and be just as poor.
View Quote
They'll leave when TANF gets cut and the PFD disappears.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:13:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Frank is still alive and was recently hired as a consultant for Governor Walker
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd say since Queen Lisa's dad passed, but I graduated HS in 2004, so it could have been earlier.  Sure seems like it's accelerated lately though.

I'll check this thread when I get back though.  Heading out the door for aurora photos.
Frank is still alive and was recently hired as a consultant for Governor Walker
Really?  I'd have sworn he died a few years back.  Wonder which senator I'm thinking of then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:19:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
one can of spray paint
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:33:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Cut 100% of federal funding to universities for starters...
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:53:08 AM EDT
[#20]
If that doesn't clearly fall under free speech I don't know what does.

Wait, are we against free speech on here and just for the right to bear arms?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Its like something you'd see in some liberals closet as a shrine that they flick their bean at every night
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Free speech - don't like it, don't listen or look. Bitching about what others say and do is for girlie sissies who wear pink panties. Oh wait - thats a favorite pastime of both the D and R parties. Nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch, blame and do fucking nothing.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:06:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
GD is against anything they do not like - just like the SJW's they whine about.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:06:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:25:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Free speech is scary yo.
View Quote
So, you are bitching about the free speech being exercised in this thread...........yo...................
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sure, as long as one can print, and sell, and shoot photocopy targets with the likeness of the next liberal shithead president without repercussions.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:29:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:35:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Cpt. America is Nicholas Cage?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:38:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Free speech - don't like it, don't listen or look. Bitching about what others say and do is for girlie sissies who wear pink panties. Oh wait - thats a favorite pastime of both the D and R parties. Nothing but bitch, bitch, bitch, blame and do fucking nothing.
View Quote
It is not free speech if you couldn't put a similar painting with Obama's likeness right next to it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:38:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Would they hang a picture of trump holding Hilary's head like the severed Medusa?
View Quote
Like this?  Needs to be submitted and see what they do with it.  I bet they reject or put it in the back.

[/URL]" />
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:39:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't see that as being Captain America. It's more like some bath house faggot.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It is not free speech if you couldn't put a similar painting with Obama's likeness right next to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sooooooo many here don't understand that
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:47:13 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:51:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Produce the art you wish to produce.  Just don't force the taxpayers to subsidize it.  Besides, everyone knows that starving artists have the most passion and emmotion.  It is a disservice to the craft to promote it w/ federal or state funds.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:52:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Would they hang a picture of trump holding Hilary's head like the severed Medusa?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like this?  Needs to be submitted and see what they do with it.  I bet they reject or put it in the back.

http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg" target="_blank">http://s464.photobucket.com/user/jwhale64/media/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg.html]http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr7/jwhale64/trump%20holding%20hillary%20head_zpszr8569k9.jpg[/url]
Now that is a art master piece!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 7:58:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you were at the same school, you could.

ETA: Since when does free speech demand a counterpoint to be valid?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:01:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like a state that needs to have all the financial help keeping people there needs to dry up.

Let em do what they want (it is free speech) but taxpayer funds should be spent elsewhere.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:03:29 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
People are pissed because if it was a Dem idealogue's head being portrayed, it'd
be labeled racist, sexist, or hate speech,  and never shown.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:09:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

People are pissed because if it was a Dem idealogue's head being portrayed, it'd
be labeled racist, sexist, or hate speech,  and never shown.
View Quote
... and I don't want my tax dollars used to support an institution depicting and promoting the brutal murder of the duly elected President of the United States.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:15:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Call it performance art.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:16:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh, so the painting is free speech, but others don't have that same freedom of speech to comment on this "freedom of speech", huh.

I love how people like you always whine about freedom of speech when others exercise their freedom of speech to bash something you happen to like.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh good to see you again Larry, I see you are still an angry old man who likes confrontation.

I know you are not master of the obvious so I will help you... I was not "bitching" about anything. I am however disappointed that people here have made comments like "destroy it with spray paint" or "defund the school", hence my comment about freedom....

But... You somehow decided to pick my comments to be an angry old man about today.

Larry being Larry.https://img.ifcdn.com/images/e692c578e6bc1b057b4f10b9fe8a3e0c2b960732813030f22221582d15e78300_1.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you are bitching about the free speech being exercised in this thread...........yo...................
Oh good to see you again Larry, I see you are still an angry old man who likes confrontation.

I know you are not master of the obvious so I will help you... I was not "bitching" about anything. I am however disappointed that people here have made comments like "destroy it with spray paint" or "defund the school", hence my comment about freedom....

But... You somehow decided to pick my comments to be an angry old man about today.

Larry being Larry.https://img.ifcdn.com/images/e692c578e6bc1b057b4f10b9fe8a3e0c2b960732813030f22221582d15e78300_1.jpg
So, you get called on your bullshit and you have no real defense so you divert to this childish shit, huh.

I wouldn't talk about how someone else is.  I ain't the one whining about others exercising their freedom of speech.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:34:02 AM EDT
[#43]
in the interest of fairness, they should put  in a painting of Trump riding a T-Rex and shooting an M240 at some space aliens.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:01:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:07:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Trump should go there and force them to take that down lest he pull federal funds.

We can have a celebratory thread the day before we start the next "States Rights" thread or the next "Democrats use their offices to stifle opposition political speech" thread.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
That would be hate speech not free speech according to their "logic".
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Or Obama being lynched while in office? Can't have it both ways now can we snowflake?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#48]
While I agree that this painting falls under "free speech", not being able to put a picture of a decapitated Obama next to it would fall under "restricted free speech". Just because you can't do one doesn't mean the other isn't totally constitutionally protected.
And by the way, an Obama picture would be protected constitutionally, it wouldn't, however, last long under the misguided ideals of the same individual that put up the Trump and Captain America picture.
People want free speech as long as it's theirs.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:17:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
Because of you only allowed to express one opinion then it isn't really free speech.   Pretty simple really.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't think that is the point, the point is, would the school allow a painting to be presented that showed that counterpoint, eg. Trump slaying the Hillary beast? If they would, no problem, if they wouldn't, I wouldn't consider it free speech.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top