Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2017 12:30:36 AM EDT
I just had a Saratoga cut grilled to 130% and two bourbon cask dark Ale's 11% alcohol to wash it down, along with a fresh salad. I dont even want to brush my teeth the after taste is so good.

And to tell you the truth two cold Budweiser's would have been almost as good. Beer and good beef is the bomb. As is pasta and fish and sammiches and chicken and pizza and anything else you eat.

I dont get this wine thing but then again I dont try and impress anyone. Can you truly look me in the eye's and say wine is better then beer with food?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:39:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take beer over wine, yes.

But a little bourbon and coke would be better.

With some better bourbon neat for dessert.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:43:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Oh man, I love you.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Beer is food
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:26:24 AM EDT
[#4]
True, but I prefer something a little lighter, like a Vienna Lager or an amber ale to go with food.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:31:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just had a Saratoga cut grilled to 130% and two bourbon cask dark Ale's 11% alcohol to wash it down, along with a fresh salad. I dont even want to brush my teeth the after taste is so good.

And to tell you the truth two cold Budweiser's would have been almost as good. Beer and good beef is the bomb. As is pasta and fish and sammiches and chicken and pizza and anything else you eat.

I dont get this wine thing but then again I dont try and impress anyone. Can you truly look me in the eye's and say wine is better then beer with food?
View Quote

While beer is a good selection for food I do generally prefer wine lately.  Beer can be filling (especially the ones I tend to like) which I certainly do not appreciate.  A couple of 22oz draft lagers to go along with a 16oz steak, potatoes, etc can get you pretty stuffed.  

I do not get the part about "I dont (sic) try and impress anyone".  Just as there are fags that buy wine based on price there are micro-brew  snob fags too.  Not that there are not some good things out there on the more rare or expensive side with either drink but there is every day stuff that is great.

For 3 years my go-to bottle of red wine was 5.99.  I wish I lived in an area that still carried it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:36:09 AM EDT
[#6]
It depends on the food etc.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 10:38:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beer is food
View Quote
There is food in beer but no beer in food.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:23:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Beer is food
Beer-batterd fish?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm mostly a beer person and will usually have beer with my food.  My girlfriend likes wine a lot and I have been drinking more wine because of her.  I guess it mostly depends on what we're eating and what mood I'm in.

As far as the snob stuff, I say just drink what you like with whatever you like.  Don't worry about what is supposed to go with what.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I prefer water when eating.

But, beer is just a social thing for me, I don't really like the taste. I don't think I've ever just had a beer with dinner by myself.

Wine is gross though
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#11]
for fish and pasta a good white wine makes the so much better, with beef or pork a beer is preferred or a deep red wine depending on what cut and what else is served with the meal..

i can go from cheap beer to expensive wine and all in between and not give a fuck what other people think of my drink of choice.

i do enjoy a glass of port or bourbon after dinner
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:58:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Depends on the occasion on what to choose but wine, if good, is fantastic.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 12:59:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I prefer water when eating.

But, beer is just a social thing for me, I don't really like the taste. I don't think I've ever just had a beer with dinner by myself.

Wine is gross though
View Quote
So much in this comment
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:00:09 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm not much of a wine drinker, so yes, beer with food is better.

Not Budweiser, though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:01:14 PM EDT
[#15]
130% ?

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Pics or the lunch never happened
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:31 PM EDT
[#17]
I just had a 3/4lb homemade burger with chopped onions mixed in and cheese and half a pound of asparagus with olive oil, salt, pepper and parmesan.

And two cold Buds.

I work nights so dinner for me. Was damn good. My Friday as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top