Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 7:38:57 PM EDT
Posted earlier in bullpup section but no luck thus far.....

I am trying to find the vertical distance between the flat surface (around the magazine alignment cylindrical boss) down to the centerline of the bore.

In other words, how many millimeters from the center boreline straight up to that flat surface? I don't need a super exact result, even within a mm would be helpful. It would probably be easier to measure on an AR-57 since the barrel OD is accessible with the magazine removed.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I really just came in to make fun of you for using calipers instead of calibers but I think you're the first MoFo here to actually mean calipers.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I know a thing or two about the Ar57. Email inbound.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:18:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:20:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

http://www.troupsystems.com/ar57%20pics/57shorty.jpg
View Quote
Just wanted to say when i saw your username, i think the R22 was really cool, but under appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Updated post - I am interested in the height between the "mostly flat" surface on the top of the receiver, the surface that the lower surfaces of the magazine mate against, and the bore center.

Rhineland - You undoubtedly have the exact numbers :)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Just wanted to say when i saw your username, i think the R22 was really cool, but under appreciated.
View Quote
THX

On the R22, we had orders for around 14,000 units. We could not get triggers or good 10/22 bolts in and the dam thing had too many machined parts.  It was a killer to the company and the rifle. The AR57 was designed to fix those issues.

New rifle on the way takes everything a new level.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:36:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Rhineland, email sent.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.troupsystems.com/ar57%20pics/57shorty.jpg
View Quote
Oh yeah, must have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top