Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 1:06:35 PM EDT
i got some trijicione suppressor height two colored night sights, but i dont own a vice and i cant find a compatible sight pusher

should i just send the slide to trijicione for installation?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy a vice...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you asked your husband to help?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Based on your spelling of Trijicon, no doubt with the box in front of you, I suggest you call your local gun shop and see if they'll put them on for you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#4]
this outta be good.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I used this guy for a stubborn sight that wouldn't budge.  He did a good job.

http://shop.xdman.com/Sight-Installation-Services-SightInstall.htm
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Based on your spelling of Trijicon, no doubt with the box in front of you, I suggest you call your local gun shop and see if they'll put them on for you.
View Quote
Non si capisce..
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:16:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I brought mine to the shop I purchased my silencer from to begin with.  Take away the glow in the dark feature and they're no different from any other sight installation any gun smith can take care of.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:19:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not familiar with that brand
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:20:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Dremmel? Or Die grinder..
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:22:48 PM EDT
[#10]
does your mommy know your playing on the computer again
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#11]
brass punch?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
i dont take anything seriously from people who cant use you're/your properly
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does your mommy know of your playing on the computer again?

Better?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#14]
There are several options.

If you plan on adjusting and/or installing sights regularly (or even just 2-3 times), bite the bullet and get an MGW or similar sight pusher.  Can usually find a used MGW for $80 or so.

If you have other uses for it, get a vise and some brass rod to make punches out of.  Don't get a $20 table-top hobby vise as they are worthless for anything other than holding a model while you paint it.  You can get a decent vise that will be good for many smithing and shop projects for $60 on up to several hundred.  If you don't have a place to permanently mount it, you can mount it to a "24 or so section of 2x10 or 2x12 and then c-clamp that setup to a workbench, tailgate, kitchen counter, or table when you have projects.

If you won't do either, you can pay someone local to do it for you, but you might be looking at $50, which would get you well on your way to a decent pusher or a vise. Possibly by the second time and definitely by the third time you need to install or adjust sights, you will be ahead by purchasing your own.  A local shop or smith should be able to help you.  Many shops will install for free if you purchased the sights there.

You can send it to Trijicon and they will do a great job for you.  Any adjustments will have to be done by you in the future, which, again, makes a good case for purchasing your own MGW or similar tool.  The tool is also nice to have as you can throw it in a range bag easier than a vise and punches and fine tune your adjustments after installs.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:00:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one of these and it works really well.  Plus, you can take it to the range with you and make all your fine adjustments in one trip:

http://sightpusher.com
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:03:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Dremmel is without a doubt the easiest way to do it.

Keep us updated with pictures, please.  We'll help you thought the process.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:06:03 PM EDT
[#17]
It would help to know what gun we are talking about.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Since you have previously attempted to imply your vast wealth.  Go buy one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Hammer and nail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:17:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Since you have previously attempted to imply your vast wealth.  Go buy one.
View Quote
no
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It would help to know what gun we are talking about.
View Quote
g19 mos
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:23:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
There are several options.

If you plan on adjusting and/or installing sights regularly (or even just 2-3 times), bite the bullet and get an MGW or similar sight pusher.  Can usually find a used MGW for $80 or so.

If you have other uses for it, get a vice and some brass rod to make punches out of.  Don't get a $20 table-top hobby vice as they are worthless for anything other than holding a model while you paint it.  You can get a decent vice that will be good for many smithing and shop projects for $60 on up to several hundred.  If you don't have a place to permanently mount it, you can mount it to a "24 or so section of 2x10 or 2x12 and then c-clamp that setup to a workbench, tailgate, kitchen counter, or table when you have projects.

If you won't do either, you can pay someone local to do it for you, but you might be looking at $50, which would get you well on your way to a decent pusher or a vice. Possibly by the second time and definitely by the third time you need to install or adjust sights, you will be ahead by purchasing your own.  A local shop or smith should be able to help you.  Many shops will install for free if you purchased the sights there.

You can send it to Trijicon and they will do a great job for you.  Any adjustments will have to be done by you in the future, which, again, makes a good case for purchasing your own MGW or similar tool.  The tool is also nice to have as you can throw it in a range bag easier than a vice and punches and fine tune your adjustments after installs.
View Quote
had a mgw and wish i didnt sell it after reading this. read that it was too low, but now it looks like it probably works.

not gonna be something i do often, though. thanks for all of this - already boxing up for trijicon
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought a decent generic universal sight pusher on eBay pretty cheap and it's worked well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Go to gunsmith.  Ask hm to install...
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:33:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Trijicione-----These are the European version, made in Italy.
Will not fit a USA slide because The European version incorporates a Metric Dove Tail.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Try a c clamp.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:34:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Graduate education?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:37:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Graduate education?
View Quote
get a fucking life lol
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:40:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
i got some trijicione suppressor height two colored night sights, but i dont own a vice and i cant find a compatible sight pusher

View Quote

Pay someone with the proper tools to do it for you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:40:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

g19 mos
View Quote
Front sight will require a specific tool to remove the screw, use blue loctite on threads.

Rear, just buy the sightpusher tool for under $30 and a piece of derlin rod in case it's needed

Should be under $40 for all and cheaper than the smith.

You could also use a Dremel for the trijicione sights, post pics and make sure you flute the barrel while at it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:42:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Will not fit a USA slide because The European version incorporates a Metric Dove Tail.
View Quote
He might have a Glocke
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:44:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:44:49 PM EDT
[#33]
This thread is stupid. Glock sights are the easiest to change of all guns. You can do it with nearly anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:45:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Brass punch and a brass hammer if you're worried about slipping and marring the finish

Shit I used a nail and a claw hammer one time.  Worked fine.  It's a fucking Glock.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Sight pusher is the easiest way.

Vice and hammer/punch is the second easiest way...

Two pieces of 2X4 (or equivalent plastic/wood block) hammer/punch is doable but easy to fuck up night sights (break them) and scar up the metal...

American made gun remove sights left to right and install right to left. European made gun remove right to left and install left to right (accept that there are exceptions.)

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:48:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
He might have a Glocke
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He might have a Glocke
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Or a vise
View Quote
LOL.... Par for the course in this thread....
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

WTF is trijicione?
Chinese knockoff?

Nick
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 9:57:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sometimes it can be hard to own your vices.  Took a long time to own my drinking, for example.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top