Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/19/2017 10:03:41 AM EDT
A South African professional hunter has died after apparently being eaten by crocodiles.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/south-african-professional-hunter-eaten-two-crocodiles-120752716.html
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:04:17 AM EDT
[#1]
"died after apparently being eaten by crocodiles"

Yeah. You tend to die after you get eaten by pretty much anything.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]
He died doing what he loved
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Comment section is pretty disgusting, but I should've expected that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He died doing what he loved
View Quote
He loved getting death rolled and having his bones crushed and flesh torn?

Avatar is fitting you sympathizer.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Crocs out for Harambe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:12:51 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been following the search for Scott through my South African professional hunter friend. A sad end, but one of the risks you take to do that job.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#7]
I have water skiied in that river there before.   You just need to watch for the crocs.  I had a lot more balls back then.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Africa wins again.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#9]
How do they know the crocs killed him and not just ate the body dead from some other reason??
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#10]
RIP Scott.

I saw something about this over at AH. Did he go missing alone or was a client involved too?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:24:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
How do they know the crocs killed him and not just ate the body dead from some other reason??
View Quote
Crocadilus Dindus?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:29:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Scott was a friend of mine and an all around good guy, he will be missed by many. I hunted with him several years ago and we have been in touch ever since, saw him last year in Vegas and shared some laughs over a few beers. Hard to imagine how things transpired leading up to what appears to have happened, my guess is he was trying to rescue one of his dogs but I have nothing other than my gut to base that on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Two men enter, one man leaves?
Yeah, right. Body eaten after he was murdered, maybe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:58:58 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Scott was a friend of mine and an all around good guy, he will be missed by many. I hunted with him several years ago and we have been in touch ever since, saw him last year in Vegas and shared some laughs over a few beers. Hard to imagine how things transpired leading up to what appears to have happened, my guess is he was trying to rescue one of his dogs but I have nothing other than my gut to base that on.
View Quote
Damn, sorry man.

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:00:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Sometimes you eat the bear . . .
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:02:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Crocadilus Dindus?
View Quote
Large reptiles are an excellent way to dispose of a body if you want to get away with a murder.  Even if the body is found it's going to be damaged beyond any ability to do forensic testing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:08:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Damn, sorry man.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, sorry man.

Yes, sorry.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:15:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Am I in before the PETA brigade hops up on their soapbox to loudly proclaim joy at the death of an "evil" hunter?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry to hear he was a friend.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:17:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Ive hunted along the Limpopo. The hunting is very good but yes they have both Crocs and Hippos and neither are animals you want to run into. I saw a 13' croc once and it looked like a dinosaur.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Sad news. I can only imagine what a great life a pro hunter must live.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Crocadilus Dindus?
View Quote
Fucking EPIC!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#23]
It Happens..
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:32:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Reading big game hunting books im surprised it doesnt happen more often.  You never know in this case, could have had a heart attack first.  RIP, i hope he didnt suffer much.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:34:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Ouchies.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:43:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Damn shame
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#27]
One less SCUMBAG!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Obviously wasn't professional enough now was he?

(Queue the DEA leg shootin guy)
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:57:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
There is always one...to the poster who knew the guy, sorry man.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:58:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:01:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Those Nile crocodiles are monsters. Not a good way to go. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:04:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
Fuck you.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Sorry to hear that man. Friend of mine Michael Mueller, apparently knew him as well.

At least their is closure for his wife and kids, instead if just missing.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:07:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
WTF is that supposed to mean?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:10:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
And we're off!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:11:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Avatar is fitting you sympathizer.
View Quote
Technically it's a gator, not a croc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:13:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Here we go!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
It means he wants to have all African game poached to extinction. It happens in every African country that bans hunting. Their are more rhinos on ONE SA farm being raised than are in the entire Kruger National Park.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
It means he wants to have all African game poached to extinction. It happens in every African country that bans hunting. Their are more rhinos on ONE SA farm being raised than are in the entire Kruger National Park.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
I understand the point of what you're saying but truthfully that's not what's he saying directly.
I'm going to go with him calling hunters scumbags. He's entitled to his opinion but a man lost his life and to say that in this thread is being a COCKSUCKER of the highest order.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
One less Yet another SCUMBAG!
View Quote
Can we make it one less?

Sorry for the loss of your friend, TinSpinner.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I understand the point of what you're saying but truthfully that's not what's he saying directly.
I'm going to go with him calling hunters scumbags. He's entitled to his opinion but a man lost his life and to say that in this thread is being a COCKSUCKER of the highest order.
View Quote
Oh, I understand. I am in potchefstroom atm, and postponed my zebra/ blesbok hunt so my PH could go looking for him. I am gonna post pics and tag his ass. Hopefully I trigger him.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#42]
I wonder how long he waited to die after he was eaten.  Are we talking minutes, or years?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:28:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Oh, I understand. I am in potchefstroom atm, and postponed my zebra/ blesbok hunt so my PH could go looking for him. I am gonna post pics and tag his ass. Hopefully I trigger him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good idea
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#44]
This thread went from 0 to Warp 20. 
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:29:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"died after apparently being eaten by crocodiles"

Yeah. You tend to die after you get eaten by pretty much anything.
View Quote
1st post
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
One less SCUMBAG!
View Quote
Wow
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#47]
The hunter became the hunted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:39:45 PM EDT
[#48]
One of the most horrific ways to go that I can imagine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
One less SNIP
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:46:26 PM EDT
[#50]
"Dying ain't a very good way of making a living"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top