Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/18/2017 8:50:17 AM EDT
DISCLAIMER: I CANNOT FIT EVERY SINGLE SUPER HERO MOVIE ON A 1-10 SCALE. I PICKED THE BEST EXAMPLES USING A DATA BASED, PEER REVIEWED METHODOLOGY. ALL COUNTER DATA IS FLAWED AND BIASED.

Attachment Attached File

SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION:

The Green Lantern: I feel like if I asked 10 people what the worst super hero movie ever made was, 11 of them would say The green lantern. Its not THE worst ever made. But the most well known worst made. Plagued by horrible acting, worse writing, atrocious CGI, studio meddling, it hits all the check marks.

Ghost Rider: I feel like they tried a little bit on this movie. But the Nick Cage casting is ridiculous. Massive studio meddling, its pretty damn bad. Again, i think in a neck and neck race, ghost rider barely pulls ahead of The Green lantern.

Suicide Squad: This movie is so bad, yet it grossed something ridiculous in the theater for some unknown reason. The acting is horrible. The plot makes no sense. The CGI is decent. The back stories are all over the place. Its like two to five movies all crammed together. Massive studio meddling. Harley Quinn cant keep her accent straight. I could go on for days.

Wolverine: Not great, but OK. Definitely watchable and kills 2 hours. Not something to write home about. Again, huge blockbuster IIRC.

Antman: Totally underrated in the super hero genre. Well made, well acted, CGI is decent, plot line moves along just fine and ends like it should. Has decent character development. Totally worth the watch. Family movie too, very enjoyable. Didn't do great in the box office but made a profit.

Avengers: I didnt like this movie personally but many people did. Although in retrospect this movie really has lost alot of its luster. Felt rushed the entire movie. It definitely missed the mark as far as the avenger comics went. But its was very enjoyable, great CGI, great one-liners, all the fav people are in it. Massive blockbuster.

Deadpool: I personally think deadpool should be much higher but many people did not like this movie. Mainly due to the raunchy comedy, 4th wall bending and topical jokes. I think if there is any real downside to this movie, it is the jokes are too topical. I fear in ten years the jokes will not be as funny and seem dated. Another big blockbuster. Felt genuinely made by people who loved the deadpool comics, true fans. Great movie and has changed the "super hero" movie industry by showing an R rated movie can pull big numbers.

Watchmen: Beautiful movie. Incredibly well made. Fantastic story. One of the few "Super hero" movies that actually made the characters better on film than the comics. Leaves you wondering about the true motivations of our society. Although not well received by many people and does sometimes requires more than one viewing. Also came out when "super hero" movies were not popular.

Iron Man: Why is this one so high up? Because it single handedly revamped the "super hero" movie industry. Incredibly well made, well casted, well shot, CGI is minimal but elegant, and incredibly fun. Also it is responsible for restarting Robert Downey Jr's career.

The Dark Knight: What can be said about this movie? Even if "super hero" movies were not popular this movie would still stand out as a fantastic movie. This movie sets the bar for all super hero movies and nothing else has come close.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#1]
CSB
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
I would swap Watchmen and Avengers, and also The Dark Knight and Ironman.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:00:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CSB
View Quote
I do all this scientific research for you and ill i get is a CSB?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:02:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Your ratings suck.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
i left an asterisk in there
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Daredevil was worse than Green Lantern
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:08:37 AM EDT
[#7]
No Thor? !
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Id definitely move Avengers up.  And I'd bump Suicide Squad up a couple spots.  Margot's ass is worth a 5 by itself.

1 and 2 Id move into negative territory.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The Green Lantern: I feel like if I asked 10 people what the worst super hero movie ever made was, 11 of them would say The green lantern. Its not THE worst ever made. But the most well known worst made. Plagued by horrible acting, worse writing, atrocious CGI, studio meddling, it hits all the check marks.
View Quote

Steel (1997) Official Trailer - Shaquille O'Neal Superhero Movie HD
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I saw spiderman circa 2003ish? And whatever movie had Bane.  But those aren't on your list.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#11]
But who has every heard of that movie? I havent. Or i purposefully forgot it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No Thor? !
View Quote
I forgot about Thor. Because Thor is that forgettable.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:18:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Suicide squad wasn't that bad.  It was what it was supposed to be, a movie to quickly introduce you to some new super-villains and let you see their personalities and powers so they can insert them into future films.

The plot was definitely rushed.  Joker just so happens to be breaking out Harley at the exact same time Waller is putting together her super team and the same time Enchantress decides to take over the world.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Watchmen:  Sorry, but it sucked.  I'm sure Watchmen fans will trip over themselves to defend their holy grail, but the rest of the human population that can look at it objectively recognizes that the movie sucked.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#15]
OP, I'm guessing you haven't seen the 1989 Dolph Lundgren version of The Punisher because that one will recalibrate your scale.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
OP, I'm guessing you haven't seen the 1989 Dolph Lundgren version of The Punisher because that one will recalibrate your scale.
View Quote
Did you have to watch it by candle light? Trying to stay in this century.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:26:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Watchmen:  Sorry, but it sucked.  I'm sure Watchmen fans will trip over themselves to defend their holy grail, but the rest of the human population that can look at it objectively recognizes that the movie sucked.
View Quote
The big blue penis make you uncomfortable?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#18]
No Logan, OP?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#19]
The Watchmen and The Dark Knight were steaming piles of shit.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:30:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:30:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The big blue penis make you uncomfortable?
View Quote

Case and point.

ETA A good movie is enjoyable to those that don't show up to the theater wearing knee pads and a bib.  See Deadpool.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Somehow X-men Origins: Wolverine didn't make it to #11?

I think Wolverine was a better movie then it's getting credit for. Wolverine goes to Japan, and fucks shit up, has an adventure, bangs the hottie and fights a giant robot samurai thing. What's not to like?

Truly, a movie without flaw.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:32:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Avengers should be a 4 at best. It was a movie with no real development and the CGI overkill in the movie made even the "popcorn film" aspect pretty forgettable. Deadpool, watchmen, and dark knight are all stellar examples in a genre that is overloaded with crap.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:33:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Nice! But Batman is not a Super Hero. He is a smart dude with lots of cash and a genius butler. At least Tony Stark has Arc Reactor in his chest.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#25]
You forgot 11, Capekino.

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
You're incorrect. The movie was fantastic, sorry your taste sucks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Suicide squad wasn't that bad.  It was what it was supposed to be, a movie to quickly introduce you to some new super-villains and let you see their personalities and powers so they can insert them into future films.

The plot was definitely rushed.  Joker just so happens to be breaking out Harley at the exact same time Waller is putting together her super team and the same time Enchantress decides to take over the world.
View Quote
How did I know that you didn't pay attention to the movie?

First Harley was all happy-sad when Dr. Moone came back to life and hugged her lover boy/ tactical ninja Flag.

After the final battle, when everyone was asking for a "trophy", Harley asked for an Espresso machine. Later, she was in her cell when she filled up a cup using said machine, and then The Joker comes busting in with his crew.

So no, your version of the events is not, nor will it ever be accurate. The plot wasn't as complex as say......Inception. So it was pretty easy to follow.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:37:58 AM EDT
[#28]
I just assumed people have forgotten about this movie already.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://media.giphy.com/media/iSxPmDWr97248/giphy.gif
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Case and point.

ETA A good movie is enjoyable to those that don't show up to the theater wearing knee pads and a bib.  See Deadpool.
View Quote
For reference, i read the watchmen comics years after i had seen the movie. Still think the movie is way better.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:41:21 AM EDT
[#31]
OP gives way to many fucks about stupid things
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yup.

Like a brand new Kirby.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just assumed people have forgotten about this movie already.
View Quote
For damn shame. As people say in the rap industry, Zack Snyder is slept on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:52:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

For damn shame. As people say in the rap industry, Zack Snyder is slept on.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/275845/kino-189976.jpg
View Quote
I absolutely hated it IMHO. The superwoman thing threw me way off and the casting for lex. So we can agree to disagree.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#35]
OP Fail.

A "SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION" can not/does not include "I feel..."

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:00:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I absolutely hated it IMHO. The superwoman thing threw me way off and the casting for lex. So we can agree to disagree.
View Quote
You do realize Eisenberg was playing Lex's son right? And secondarily, we are more than likely witnessing a transition phase with Lex.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#37]
tl;dr
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:03:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
but the rest of the human population that can look at it objectively....
View Quote
objectively...  you keep using that word.  i do not think it means what you think it means.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You do realize Eisenberg was playing Lex's son right? And secondarily, we are more than likely witnessing a transition phase with Lex.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not know that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:03:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I mostly agree.

Only thing I would change is to swap Deadpool and Watchmen, only because I feel Deadpool was a home run for adapting not only the character and his quirks / mannerisms to the big screen almost perfectly, but because Watchmen (while a decent film) is a tad overlong (even more so in its "ultimate" form), has some questionable casting in spots and suffers from some Snyder movie contrivances.

And there are so many bad comic book movies out there now that it is almost better to rank them based on their houses (Marvel, DC, Independent), that way you can fit it more room for all the suck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
tl;dr
View Quote
That is a three four syllable word for any thought too big for little minds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:06:20 AM EDT
[#42]
I agree

Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:07:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I mostly agree.

Only thing I would change is to swap Deadpool and Watchmen, only because I feel Deadpool was a home run for adapting not only the character and his quirks / mannerisms to the big screen almost perfectly, but because Watchmen (while a decent film) is a tad overlong (even more so in its "ultimate" form), has some questionable casting in spots and suffers from some Snyder movie contrivances.

And there are so many bad comic book movies out there now that it is almost better to rank them based on their houses (Marvel, DC, Independent), that way you can fit it more room for all the suck.
View Quote
Deadpool was a good "flick". It's a great movie to shut your mind off while stuffing your face with popcorn. It's random quirks and "oh, I get that reference moments" are great for "le epic may mays", but it is in no way qualified to be considered anything more than just a flick.

A film like Watchmen actually has some level of depth, where as Deadpool has none.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
OP Fail.

A "SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION" can not/does not include "I feel..."

A.W.D.
View Quote
You must be a climate denier.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:16:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:19:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
DISCLAIMER: I CANNOT FIT EVERY SINGLE SUPER HERO MOVIE ON A 1-10 SCALE. I PICKED THE BEST EXAMPLES USING A DATA BASED, PEER REVIEWED METHODOLOGY. ALL COUNTER DATA IS FLAWED AND BIASED.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/304344/superheros-189948.JPG

SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION:

Ghost Rider: I feel like they tried a little bit on this movie. But the Nick Cage casting is ridiculous. Massive studio meddling, its pretty damn bad. Again, i think in a neck and neck race, ghost rider barely pulls ahead of The Green lantern.

Suicide Squad: This movie is so bad, yet it grossed something ridiculous in the theater for some unknown reason. The acting is horrible. The plot makes no sense. The CGI is decent. The back stories are all over the place. Its like two to five movies all crammed together. Massive studio meddling. Harley Quinn cant keep her accent straight. I could go on for days.

Wolverine: Not great, but OK. Definitely watchable and kills 2 hours. Not something to write home about. Again, huge blockbuster IIRC.

Antman: Totally underrated in the super hero genre. Well made, well acted, CGI is decent, plot line moves along just fine and ends like it should. Has decent character development. Totally worth the watch. Family movie too, very enjoyable. Didn't do great in the box office but made a profit.

Avengers: I didnt like this movie personally but many people did. Although in retrospect this movie really has lost alot of its luster. Felt rushed the entire movie. It definitely missed the mark as far as the avenger comics went. But its was very enjoyable, great CGI, great one-liners, all the fav people are in it. Massive blockbuster.

Deadpool: I personally think deadpool should be much higher but many people did not like this movie. Mainly due to the raunchy comedy, 4th wall bending and topical jokes. I think if there is any real downside to this movie, it is the jokes are too topical. I fear in ten years the jokes will not be as funny and seem dated. Another big blockbuster. Felt genuinely made by people who loved the deadpool comics, true fans. Great movie and has changed the "super hero" movie industry by showing an R rated movie can pull big numbers.

Watchmen: Beautiful movie. Incredibly well made. Fantastic story. One of the few "Super hero" movies that actually made the characters better on film than the comics. Leaves you wondering about the true motivations of our society. Although not well received by many people and does sometimes requires more than one viewing. Also came out when "super hero" movies were not popular.

Iron Man: Why is this one so high up? Because it single handedly revamped the "super hero" movie industry. Incredibly well made, well casted, well shot, CGI is minimal but elegant, and incredibly fun. Also it is responsible for restarting Robert Downey Jr's career.

The Dark Knight: What can be said about this movie? Even if "super hero" movies were not popular this movie would still stand out as a fantastic movie. This movie sets the bar for all super hero movies and nothing else has come close.
View Quote

Rather well put together and I agree for the most part.
The thing that interests me though is how asside from The Dark Knight and the batman franchise in general DC comics just doesn't seem to be able to perform as well as Marvel does.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:21:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Deadpool was a good "flick". It's a great movie to shut your mind off while stuffing your face with popcorn. It's random quirks and "oh, I get that reference moments" are great for "le epic may mays", but it is in no way qualified to be considered anything more than just a flick.

A film like Watchmen actually has some level of depth, where as Deadpool has none.
View Quote
Deadpool is very true to the comic.  Lots of fourth-wall violations, extreme violence, etc.  Not epic, deep comics, so the movie hits that squarely.

Watchmen is a very philosophical movie.  I am not a huge fan of the comic (read in passing when I was younger) and I like the movie, it is not for people who came expecting pop-culture and popcorn.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Agree totally.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:24:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
OP gives way to many fucks about stupid things
View Quote
OP is salty that nobody agrees with his MS paint.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:27:36 AM EDT
[#50]
I might squabble with a few things, but your ratings, and comments are pretty solid.  

I know it's not the "best superhero ever made" in a lot of ways, but for me, personally, Deadpool was the most enjoyable superhero movie ever made.  It's one of the few that I've bothered to watch again, and probably the only one that I've watched 4 times.

The Watchmen would top my list if Deadpool didn't.  What a great movie.

Random thoughts:
I never watched the 1st two, Green Lantern and Ghost Rider.  Thankfully.

Another favorite is Kickass!  But that's not really a superhero movie I guess.  Just a kid in a funny suit.

The first Captain America movie was excellent as well, IMO.

I'd say the Thor movies fill that middle section of Meh, watchable, but also forgettable.

The Hulk movies* suck.  The Hulk sucks as a character, IMO.  He's too powerful and his size, compared to Bruce Banner makes no sense to me.  There simply isn't nearly enough material there to make BB into the Hulk.  His density would have to be so low, he would be weak and fragile.  And the whole self-hatred thing gets old and whiny.

Dr. Strange was a great movie, IMO.  Top notch acting, great story, and the CGI was done really well, and truly added to the movie.  The cape was good comic relief.  Could be a great franchise.

I agree that the Dark Knight, and the Christian Bale series was excellent in general.  However, I'm bored of Batman, Spiderman, and even Superman.  Same story told over and over.  Enough already.

/rambling thoughts

eta: * - To be clear, I'm talking about the Hulk movies, not the TV show, which I loved as a kid.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top