Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 7:51:14 PM EDT
I just recently discovered this show on Animal Planet and I have only seen a couple of episodes.

WTF is the story with these people?  They are very weird.  And they have some kind of accent of their own?  Two of the 'boys' are in their 30s but they live in a one room house with their family of 9?  I can see how it takes some skill to live out in the bush in Alaska, but that is why Life Below Zero is interesting.  These people are just bizarre.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:54:28 PM EDT
[#1]
interbred all of them
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:02:13 PM EDT
[#2]
It's fake of course.  Example: They live so far in the middle of nowhere that in 1 episode 3 chicks paddled up in a canoe from town to visit them.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Those poor girls. I don't even want to know how stretched out they are.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Those poor girls. I don't even want to know how stretched out they are.
View Quote
Dose teef tho.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just recently discovered this show on Animal Planet and I have only seen a couple of episodes.

WTF is the story with these people?  They are very weird.  And they have some kind of accent of their own?  Two of the 'boys' are in their 30s but they live in a one room house with their family of 9?  I can see how it takes some skill to live out in the bush in Alaska, but that is why Life Below Zero is interesting.  These people are just bizarre.
View Quote

That's not an accent that's a speech impediment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#6]
It's horseshit and they're dirtbags
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#7]
That show is so stupid I can't watch it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:37:15 PM EDT
[#8]
The "smart" brother that invents great things is particularly creepy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:37:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I've heard that they're neither Alaskan or bush people.  Wifey used to watch this show, then she found the truth, I guess, and stopped watching.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
"Below Zero" is pretty good. It gets repetitive after a while though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#11]
They're fucking weird that's for sure.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Not true.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep, word is it's fake bs.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Snowbird has some juggs
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:43:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've heard that they're neither Alaskan or bush people.  Wifey used to watch this show, then she found the truth, I guess, and stopped watching.
View Quote
yeah, after googling it, it is pretty clear that it is all fake.  they've successfully marketed themselves as this 'wild' family, but it's pretty much all staged.  they don't live out in the bush, and never had.  which explains a lot of things, but then just makes you scratch your head and wonder how they got to be such freaks.  The oldest son recently did a stint in rehab, and the dad and son 'Bam Bam' were convicted of lying about being Alaskan residents on state dividend foarms.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Can't watch. So bad I don't even want to read this thread. Out..on page one.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:45:37 PM EDT
[#17]
They got in trouble for PFD fraud.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#18]
fake news
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Pure white trash
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:52:18 PM EDT
[#20]
They're not from Alaska
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:54:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Should be called "Alaskan homeless people"

I can't watch. I tried when it was new.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Did they ever get their electricity set up at their place?  I watched the episode where their wind turbin took a dive in the tidal swamp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:05:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Its tragic. They took a pretty, scenic place and stretched fucking saranwrap around trees to 'make a house'.....all the trash and shit they drag out there will just end up making the place a natural habitat for them; a landfill.

Disgusting people. I do watch occassionally to make fun of them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:11:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Should be set down here in Florida. They are similar to Carnies. They have it all; barely measurable IQ, genetic shortfall, probable drug use, possible Roma lineage, smell like cabbage.

As bad as Bush People is, The Last Alaskans is awesome and deserves it's own thread.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:15:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Should be set down here in Florida. They are similar to Carnies. They have it all; barely measurable IQ, genetic shortfall, probable drug use, possible Roma lineage, smell like cabbage.

As bad as Bush People is, The Last Alaskans is awesome and deserves it's own thread.
View Quote
I caught a episode of The Last Alaskans and yes that show is pretty damn good!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:22:23 PM EDT
[#26]
The Last Alaskans and Port Protection are awesome. Alaska Bush People is just awful.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:29:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Alaskan retard bush bums
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#29]
It's a funny show. Noah is the engineer dude. He's the handyman of the family. Gabe is the strong one who can hack down a tree or lift anything.  Bear is good at making fires. The two older brothers do nothing but argue.
Snowbird has messed up teeth. But girl can fire a rifle.
The mom and dad are strange. They sit on their asses and watch the kids do everything.
I don't for a second believe they live out in the Alaskan wilderness year round. They all probably have I-phones and ride out the winters in the nearby town.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:36:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
As bad as carnies?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I caught a episode of The Last Alaskans and yes that show is pretty damn good!
View Quote
Azt is the singer Jewels dad..
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
Different show. Last Alaskans is set in ANWR. It features 4 or 5 families that have some of the last cabin permits in the refuge. They hunt and trap for a living. They have to be totally self sufficient, it is awesome and I'm a big fan.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:51:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Different show. Last Alaskans is set in ANWR. It features 4 or 5 families that have some of the last cabin permits in the refuge. They hunt and trap for a living. They have to be totally self sufficient, it is awesome and I'm a big fan.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yea,  It is one of the few that I do like.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:00:12 PM EDT
[#34]
You know how they act like they don't know how to use a cell phone and don't know anything about pop culture or the outside world?

Here's Bam Bam in Grand Central Station in New York City recently with his girlfriend, who is one of the producers of the show.

Also, several of them have youtube channels

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:12:22 PM EDT
[#35]
I like The Last Alaskans But they always seem depressed mostly from living out there alone.I guess.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top