Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2017 4:20:05 AM EDT
Well, I am sitting here on the couch Wed and cruising ARfcom and had to sneeze, well I sneezed so damn hard, I ended up tearing the cartilage between rib number 3 and the sternum from the top on the right side of my chest, talk about pain, fuck, it felt like I was being shot and stabbed at the same time!  I know what getting shot feels like and this was way worse!  

Went to the Doc on Friday, he said it is not uncommon as we get older, because the cartilage starts to break down as you get older and does not have the same elasticity, but I can tell you right now, I would not wish this on even the people I don't like!

Fucking hurts, every time  you sneeze, cough, take a deep breath, it feels like you are going to die, very few things in my life have cause tears in my eyes and uncontrollable shaking in my body, but I swear I was in full blown shock after it happened, which is why my wife forced me to go to the Doc on Friday, I sneezed again on Friday and she looked at me and told me, we are going to the Doctors, I have been married to this woman for close to 30 years and she told me she knew something was wrong, so get your ass in the car and I am driving!  She said, I didn't see a tear in your eyes when you were wounded, so you have to be in major pain to cry!

I pray that nobody has to go through this, cause it is not fun!  If you have to sneeze, I don't care, let it flow don't try to hold it back, let the snot fly!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:22:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn brother !!!! I hope you feel better soon and having broke a rib before- I know your pain and rest is what you need.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:25:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Holy shit!

You've been shot?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:28:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Holy shit!

You've been shot?
View Quote
Yes, I have been shot, right hip has been completely rebuilt with artificial parts.  I wouldn't let them take my right leg..
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
So, is there any treatment or do you just have to wait it out?

Also, stop sneezing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, is there any treatment or do you just have to wait it out?

Also, stop sneezing.
View Quote
Nope, wait it out and no shooting for a few weeks, which is a bitch, cause I was really looking forward to starting a new 3 gun club!,  I shot one of my AR's this afternoon, but I would not be able to shoot much more, I don't think I want to try my shotgun right now!  Figuring out how to sleep has been a challenge, I am one of those guys who has slept on my right hand side all my life!  Now, I am sleeping upright on the couch with a pillow behind my back, if I lay on my right side with my shoulder down, it is excruciating!  

Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Yep, was changing oil in my daughters car a couple years back, rolled over to get the filter,and "POP",
my sternum was sore for days.

Not easy to be an old fart,at all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:29:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I've had almost the same experience. It was a cough that tore mine though. Coughed so hard that I pulled a groin muscle too.

Getting old it terrible.  I can't recommend it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:55:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:13:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Some of my worst muscle pulls have been from sneezing.  Im always fucking up my sub-clavicle shoulder muscles with sneezing. Those hurt like a bitch for a week when i pull them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:16:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Prayers for healing op
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]
I thought OP was gonna say he sneezed so hard, he shit his pants.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:28:43 AM EDT
[#12]
There was a broken rib thread on here last week.  I fell out of a treestand and smashed 5 posterior left side ribs AND tore all the cartilage from my sternum.  Holy Jesus was that painful.  The bruise was really impressive too.  Belt line to neck almost all the way around my body.  My GP was amazed I wasn't coughing up or shitting blood.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't know if it was the exact same cause, but I had that happen when I was about 18.  Don't know how.  Doc said it was a torn muscle. Could have been this.

If I sneezed, there was about a two-second delay, then MASSIVE CHEST AGONY.

I just had to do everything I could not to sneeze.  If you feel one coming on, pinch your nose shut until you can grab a tissue, then blow your nose.  That always takes care of it for me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:06:06 AM EDT
[#14]
How old are you? Im 55 how many years do I have left before this happens?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:06:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Wait until the sneeze pain signals your bowels to release the Democratic Party.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:08:43 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
In for answers to this question although I suspect this is happening to my shoulders.  I'm thinking the Who had it right.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Some of my worst muscle pulls have been from sneezing.  Im always fucking up my sub-clavicle shoulder muscles with sneezing. Those hurt like a bitch for a week when i pull them.
View Quote
this, hurts like hell
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#18]
A buddy of mine sneezed once sneezed and a lung collapsed.
Surgeon said it was a little weak spot; it healed and he never had another problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Mine was from coughing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In for answers to this question although I suspect this is happening to my shoulders.  I'm thinking the Who had it right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In also I'm 55. Sneezed and farted a few times but nope never tore anything. Spilled my jack a few times sneezing to.that really pissed me off.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#21]
Welcome to old fart-hood.

And the young ones think colonoscopies and annual prostate exams are something to look forward to...  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top