Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2017 11:25:08 PM EDT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Republican#21st_century

The term "Rockefeller Republican" is now somewhat archaic (Nelson Rockefeller died in 1979), and Republicans with these views are now generally referred to as simply "moderate Republicans," "Establishment Republicans," or pejoratively, RINOs. In 1988 at the Republican National Convention Donald Trump was asked by Larry King on CNN, "You might be classified as an Eastern Republican, Rockefeller Republican. Fair?" To which Donald Trump replied, "I guess you can say that". When Trump was considering to run against Andrew Cuomo for Governor of New York, Trump was dubbed as a "Conservative Rockefeller Republican".[10] "The retired four-star generals Colin Powell and David Petraeus have both described themselves as "Rockefeller Republicans".[11][12][13] Christine Todd Whitman, former Governor of New Jersey, referred to herself as a Rockefeller Republican, in a speech on Governor Rockefeller at Dartmouth College in 2008.[14] Lloyd Blankfein, Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs, who is a registered Democrat, referred to himself as a "Rockefeller Republican" in a CNBC interview in April 2012.[15]

Im not sure.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockefeller_Republican#21st_century

The term "Rockefeller Republican" is now somewhat archaic (Nelson Rockefeller died in 1979), and Republicans with these views are now generally referred to as simply "moderate Republicans," "Establishment Republicans," or pejoratively, RINOs. In 1988 at the Republican National Convention Donald Trump was asked by Larry King on CNN, "You might be classified as an Eastern Republican, Rockefeller Republican. Fair?" To which Donald Trump replied, "I guess you can say that". When Trump was considering to run against Andrew Cuomo for Governor of New York, Trump was dubbed as a "Conservative Rockefeller Republican".[10] "The retired four-star generals Colin Powell and David Petraeus have both described themselves as "Rockefeller Republicans".[11][12][13] Christine Todd Whitman, former Governor of New Jersey, referred to herself as a Rockefeller Republican, in a speech on Governor Rockefeller at Dartmouth College in 2008.[14] Lloyd Blankfein, Chairman and CEO of Goldman Sachs, who is a registered Democrat, referred to himself as a "Rockefeller Republican" in a CNBC interview in April 2012.[15]

Im not sue.
View Quote
Shirley you're not
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:35:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Shirley you're not
View Quote
Are you being Frank?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:37:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Are you being Frank?
View Quote
No, he is being Shirley.. lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Are you being Frank?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shirley you're not
Are you being Frank?
Maybe OP should start a Paul
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 11:44:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Stopped reading when I saw CNN. Enough said right there. Quite watching that shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:02:43 AM EDT
[#6]
The problem with looking at the modern and comparing it to the past is this:

Typically you can find the similarities you're looking for to justify your stance.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:12:04 AM EDT
[#7]
People keep trying to label Trump.

no can do, Trump is Trump.  He's gonna Trump while he Trumps. 

I didnt see see him winning, I didn't see him playing the nationalistic /populist if tune, I didn't see him changing tune

I got no idea what comes next.  Could be WWIII, could be an uptick in the global economy, could be impeachment, could be reelection.  

Shits bananas yo.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Stopped reading when I saw CNN. Enough said right there. Quite watching that shit.
View Quote
This!
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:54:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Maybe he is a Rocafella Republican.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
People keep trying to label Trump.

no can do, Trump is Trump.  He's gonna Trump while he Trumps. 

I didnt see see him winning, I didn't see him playing the nationalistic /populist if tune, I didn't see him changing tune

I got no idea what comes next.  Could be WWIII, could be an uptick in the global economy, could be impeachment, could be reelection.  

Shits bananas yo.
View Quote
That's why I love it, change through chaos. Who knows what is gonna come out on the other side, but it'll be something different and that's worth it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:01:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Trump is not a republican but has some republican tendencies. Trump is not a democrat but has some democrat tendencies. Trump is not a libertarian but has some libertarian tendencies.

It's hard to put his views in one particular party.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:03:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't care....gonna get my wall....
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Not an Arkansas dimocrat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top