Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2017 3:07:23 PM EDT
it's so odd seeing ammo prices not through the roof and cartridges available again....especially .22LR and even .22Mag

quite honestly if I don't buy a new gun when I get back from the desert in the fall I might just spend about $1k on restocking my ammo fort
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:10:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Should bottom out July or August, although CA guys have until January to buy a lifetime of ammo, so they may ruin it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Should bottom out July or August, although CA guys have until January to buy a lifetime of ammo, so they may ruin it.
View Quote
Yet another reason to hate California.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It may dip a little more through the fall, but Cali buyers realizing the end is near will prop prices back up through the winter.

Next spring and summer will be the real salad days for ammo.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:17:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Summer is generally a really slow time for the industry. Aside from the CA run, it's going to be retarded next summer, let alone two more summers from now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't pay attention to California, what is happening there that will impact the market?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't pay attention to California, what is happening there that will impact the market?
View Quote
Banning mail order/online ammo sales, requiring background checks, and I think they may be requiring ammo sales to be logged and some high fees for purchase permits. I haven't looked into the ammo stuff too much, but it will take effect in January.

California has like 1 million more gun owners than Tennessee has total population, so it may have a noticeable impact on the market.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope it does get cheap this summer, I've depleted almost all of my .223 ammo and even at its current price point it's hard to justify reloading it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Waiting for next summer to build up the fort.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Waiting for next summer to build up the fort.
View Quote
BINGO
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Putting off ammo buying for some theoretical better future time might be a mistake, what with events lately
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
If Korea goes up, ammo prices may be a bit unstable.

You can bet best Korea might want to bring down PMC ammo factory.

I saw there was a fire/explosion at Lake City a couple days ago. Not sure if has any bearing on their small arms ammo production though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top