Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/15/2017 11:01:33 PM EDT
Since today was a nice and sunny early spring day in Minnesota, my grandpa and I decided to go to the range. Grandpops has a nice new trigicon scope for his 6.8 that he wants to sight in, and ive got a newly finished pistol build to test out. Nice!  

We pull up to the range,  and theres a few cantankerous looking old farts. Two are shooting $5,000  bolt guns at 200 yds (range goes to 785), one is spotting, and one is standing around smoking. They simultaneously turn and glare once we're noticed.

We get out of the truck and start unloading all the various range day shite. Finally one who was smoking walks up to us and asks, "What are you shooting? Bolt guns?"
Gpa replies, "no, we've got a few AR's to sight in. Would you mind if we set up some targets at the 50?"

Cigarette curmudgeon replies: "AR's?!?! I fucking HATE those things. The only goddamn thing they're good for is flinging brass! They should've banned the fucking things back in the 90's."

My Gramps is silent and looks bewildered.

I looked at Grandpa and said:"Hey gramps, you know what i hate? I hate pompous, arrogant, old fucks that shoot rifles more useless than a wet, single ply piece of used asswipe, and circle jerk thier pee-pees because they can hit a pie plate at 200 yds with a bolt gun off of a lead-sled."

Cigarette curmudgeon looks stunned and turns around, hobbling back to his group of decrepid fudds. G-dog looks at me and cant contain his laughter.

CSB and all. But seriously, fuck fudds.

*Edit. Yes, it actually happened this way. I know its the internet and all. I work in a shop, im pretty good at coming up with off the cuff insults. The shit talking is vicious at work.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Since today was a nice and sunny early spring day in Minnesota, my grandpa and I decided to go to the range. Grandpops has a nice new trigicon scope for his 6.8 that he wants to sight in, and ive got a newly finished pistol build to test out. Nice!  

We pull up to the range,  and theres a few cantankerous looking old farts. Two are shooting $5,000  bolt guns at 200 yds (range goes to 785), one is spotting, and one is standing around smoking. They simultaneously turn and glare once we're noticed.

We get out of the truck and start unloading all the various range day shite. Finally one who was smoking walks up to us and asks, "What are you shooting? Bolt guns?"
Gpa replies, "no, we've got a few AR's to sight in. Would you mind if we set up some targets at the 50?"

Cigarette curmudgeon replies: "AR's?!?! I fucking HATE those things. The only goddamn thing they're good for is flinging brass! They should've banned the fucking things back in the 90's."

My Gramps is silent and looks bewildered.

I looked at Grandpa and said:"Hey gramps, you know what i hate? I hate pompous, arrogant, old fucks that shoot rifles more useless than a wet, single ply piece of used asswipe, and circle jerk thier pee-pees because they can hit a pie plate at 200 yds with a bolt gun off of a lead-sled."

Cigarette curmudgeon looks stunned and turns around, hobbling back to his group of decrepid fudds. G-dog looks at me and cant contain his laughter.

CSB and all. But seriously, fuck fudds.
View Quote

If it went down like this, good.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
ALG single chamber brake on that pistol, baby!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
How do you guys run across these guys. I've never experienced people like this at the range and I live in a state literally filled with Fudds.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:07:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm willing to bet it might not have gone this way, if it did than I salute you!
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:09:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you guys run across these guys. I've never experienced people like this at the range and I live in a state literally filled with Fudds.
View Quote
First fudd ive ran across.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I think OP may have a grandpa.

Other than that, literally none of this happened.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:12:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Good sentiment but by now all the fudds are used to AR stuff.  They know better by now.  If not then fuck them.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:13:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ok.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:14:03 PM EDT
[#9]
6.5/10
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:15:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
How come I can never think of such poetic rants? You sir are a wordsmith.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:16:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I hate talking to people.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Great op.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nail... Head.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:18:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
No really
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:20:12 PM EDT
[#16]
ur my hero
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:21:28 PM EDT
[#17]
The only WTF looks i ever got from local Fudds was the louder than Satan farting 458 SBR
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#18]
I got kicked out of a fudd range because the RSO thought my SBR paper was illegal because it didn't have "wet ink"
I later posted a negative review of them online, to which the RSO called me a dickhead. I offered for him to tell his side of the story and he refused.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:25:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Fudds still exist?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:25:45 PM EDT
[#21]
[b]Quoted:

View Quote

Ummm, what?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Around here the ARs outnumber the fudd guns by a fair margin these days....

Of course, grown men don't talk to each other like that sober, either.  Yankees.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:28:33 PM EDT
[#23]
You're grandpa didn't wash you are mouth out for talking like that
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#24]
At least your fudds make it known.

Ours feign interest and then complain to the people in charge of the range after we leave.

Sometimes it's handy having a lot more money, pull, and public profile than other people. Those scumbags learned quick who pays the bills when their memberships were pulled on the spot.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yup. People don't talk in ridiculous curse-laden soliloquies anywhere but the internet.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:38:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:44:43 PM EDT
[#27]
I believe you.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#28]
So what's wrong with shooting bolt guns at "only" 200 yards ?
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:45:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got kicked out of a fudd range because the RSO thought my SBR paper was illegal because it didn't have "wet ink"
I later posted a negative review of them online, to which the RSO called me a dickhead. I offered for him to tell his side of the story and he refused.
View Quote
Its not up to the RSO to act as an ATF agent. I'm one of many RO's at two large clubs. We don't ask for paperwork. Its entirely up to you if you want to become a guest of the state.
And in close to twenty years I've only kicked two jackasses off my range. One for blowing away a bunny I told him not to and an uber fudd that shot 6 rounds from a revolver into the ground 4 feet from MY feet. he thought it was funny. Permanently banished from the range.

Fudds are rare at member only gun clubs. much, much safer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:46:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote
Shheeeeeeeeit.

Come on down here and I'll take you to a range that's owned and operated by one.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
At least your fudds make it known.

Ours feign interest and then complain to the people in charge of the range after we leave.

Sometimes it's handy having a lot more money, pull, and public profile than other people. Those scumbags learned quick who pays the bills when their memberships were pulled on the spot.
View Quote
First group of fudds ive met here. Moved recently.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:49:10 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I wasn't going to say it, but yep.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:51:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:56:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Around here the ARs outnumber the fudd guns by a fair margin these days....

Of course, grown men don't talk to each other like that sober, either.  Yankees.  
View Quote
Yankees? I lived in North Carolina for 15 years bud. Minnesotans ain't nothing like northeastern yankees. Theyre just as redneck, if not more, than southerners.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:57:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Its not up to the RSO to act as an ATF agent. I'm one of many RO's at two large clubs. We don't ask for paperwork. Its entirely up to you if you want to become a guest of the state.
And in close to twenty years I've only kicked two jackasses off my range. One for blowing away a bunny I told him not to and an uber fudd that shot 6 rounds from a revolver into the ground 4 feet from MY feet. he thought it was funny. Permanently banished from the range.

Fudds are rare at member only gun clubs. much, much safer.
View Quote
Trust me man I know now. Fuck those atf snitches. They are the benedict arnolds of the gun community.
The whole range is fubar.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1877183_-ARCHIVED-THREAD----THE-PLOT-THICKENS----What-happens-when-a-extremely-Fudd-range-and-my-SBR-mix--My-range-day-.html&page=1
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:57:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
decrepid
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
decrepid
decrepit

Quoted:
You're
Your

Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
decrepit

Your

https://i.imgflip.com/i84eq.jpg
View Quote
Cool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:59:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Eat Rosie O'donnel's cunt you fucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wasn't going to say it, but yep.
Literally, you guys are the snapchat filter that adds an extra chromosome. Eat Rosie O'donnel's cunt you fucks.
That's what you should have said to the fudds.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:00:20 AM EDT
[#39]
Yep....Minnesota can be like that....I believe that because I grew up with these Fuddrunners and know how they act. There is no Fudd like a Minnesota Fudd.

Generally great people but oh so misguided in so many ways
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:01:15 AM EDT
[#40]
The Fudds run a shotgun range near me and told me that my Remington 870 Turkey Special Purpose was a "riot gun" because hunting shotguns don't have short [18 inch] barrels.  I told them I shot dove, squirrels, ducks and geese with it [I have never SEEN a turkey while hunting] and they said it could not be true because you can't hit anything with a short barrel.  Meanwhile they were letting people shoot over / under guns with what seemed to be fairly short barrels at the skeet towers.  And those guns also had choke tubes, just like my Remington 870.  Apparently the Remington 870 Express and the Wingmaster CANNOT be used on riots as the barrels are too long.  

And when is that riot season anyway?  I've seen them on TV, but when can I go hunting for one?
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:07:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Fudds run a shotgun range near me and told me that my Remington 870 Turkey Special Purpose was a "riot gun" because hunting shotguns don't have short [18 inch] barrels.  I told them I shot dove, squirrels, ducks and geese with it [I have never SEEN a turkey while hunting] and they said it could not be true because you can't hit anything with a short barrel.  Meanwhile they were letting people shoot over / under guns with what seemed to be fairly short barrels at the skeet towers.  And those guns also had choke tubes, just like my Remington 870.  Apparently the Remington 870 Express and the Wingmaster CANNOT be used on riots as the barrels are too long.  

And when is that riot season anyway?  I've seen them on TV, but when can I go hunting for one?
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:08:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
I had something similar happen to me. 18" 870. RSO called it a "riot gun" and told me I wasn't going to hit shit. I was popping clays left and right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:09:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I "hate" any firearm owner who advocates for the banning of ANY firearm.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:12:18 AM EDT
[#44]
LOL. I can't believe you guys managed to get the minivan thread locked.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:13:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think I remember that thread. Fuck him.

ETA: I see you posted the thread a few posts later.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#46]
OP is a true internet badass.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:18:23 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:19:20 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can't be a ten if it doesn't make sense.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:32:00 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can't be a ten if it doesn't make sense.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 12:47:15 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Yup. People don't talk in ridiculous curse-laden soliloquies anywhere but the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i bet the grandpa told the fudds to foad and op is taking credit.

srsly though one of my most vivid memories growing up involved my dad and some out of nowhere cursing. we were at the mcdonalds counter ordering on a saturday morning and dad says "i'll have a big mac meal" - kid at counter says "what?" - dad repeats - kid says "what?" again

dad says "what's the matter with you, kid? you got shit in your ears? BIG MAC MEAL" - kid about fainted. i am reminded of it when i see the scene in pulp fiction where samuel l jackson says "say what again"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top