Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2001 10:24:43 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a Choate top-folder on one of my Mossbergs, and I'm happy enough with it. It's a little heavy, but that's fine. It doubles as a carry handle when it's folded. I've got a Butler Creek side-folder on another Mossberg (I own [b]5[/b] Mossberg 500s total), and I like it a little bit better.

ATI is supposed to have their top-folder available any time now, it looks like the SPAS-12 top-folder. SWEET! I've been waiting quite a while for one of those. Here's a pic:
[img]www.atigunstocks.com/images/SHOTGUN/shotgunsystemWeb.jpg[/img]
[img]www.atigunstocks.com/images/SHOTGUN/Parts/Topfold%20open2.jpg[/img]
[url]www.atigunstocks.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:32:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I doubt that its legal in CCCaliforniaP to even think about putting such a stock on such a dangerous weapon. If a guy was inclined to disregard authority, I have had great satisfaction with Choate stocks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2001 10:38:34 PM EDT
[#3]
It's perfectly legal to put a folding stock or a pistol grip stock on a pump action shotgun, even in the PRK. As long as it's still over the legal overall length.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:45:56 AM EDT
[#4]
That knoxx stock looks pretty cool, but you probably could not use a side mounted 6 shell carrier, right?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:51:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That knoxx stock looks pretty cool, but you probably could not use a side mounted 6 shell carrier, right?
View Quote

Correct. It would interfere with a SideSaddle.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]USPC40[/b], is that some type of ammo drum?

Mike  <--  Getting nifty ideas.  :D

Link Posted: 5/3/2001 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#7]
wwwhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttt is this about a spas style stock?????????????????????
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
TREETOP, that stock seems to be a modified Factory Remington Stock with some adaptor plates.
The only thing about that stock is that you can't place a side saddle on the reciever unless its glued on...

BISHOP
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Hope that guy doesn't plan on touching one off.  OUCH!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#10]
This is what makes the COPstock folder interesting:

[url]www.knoxx.com/new_products.htm[/url]

"The COPstock Folder pistol grip contains the unique Knoxx recoil-reducing mechanism and is covered in a soft synthetic finish with finger grooves to improve grip and controllability in all weather conditions. The patented recoil-reducing mechanism reduces muzzle flip in addition to taming recoil. Shooters testing the COPstock Folder with 3 inch Magnum Buckshot loads have found that there is very little discernible recoil in either open or folded positions, with virtually no muzzle flip.

With the stock folded, the shotgun can be held like a pistol, at arm's length, and fired with no pain or discomfort. Even beginner shooters could consistently hit a 12 inch gong at 25 yards with Buckshot--one-handed! Trying this feat is definitely not recommended with other folding or pistol grip style stocks."

If this item really works as advertised, I would be very hard pressed not to go out and purchase a Mossberg shotgun just for COPstock incorporation.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 2:53:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hope that guy doesn't plan on touching one off.  OUCH!!
View Quote

That's exactly what I thought when I saw that. He'd be pretty stupid if he did.

Dragunov, why do you feel you need a folding stock. I have had a chote folding stock and didn't like it one bit. Not only was it heavy, but not at all comfortable to fire. Plus most of the time I just kept it in pistol grip mode. A mossberg pistol grip is $15. Get one and you will have a lightweight and compact "defense" weapon like you want.

I got a pistol grip speed feed stock and have loved it every minute since I put it on.

I haven't looked at knoxx yet, but WHERE can I get one of those DRUM MAGS!?!?
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Just looked at the site. Man, $190 for the replacement tube and forend and ONE MAG!! And it *only* holds 10 rounds. A factory Mossberg 590 holds 9 rounds, so that seems like a waste unless you can afford additional mags at $90 each.
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#13]
it holds 10 frekin shots......that sucks. my 870 can do that, and it cost me 20 freaking $
Link Posted: 5/3/2001 10:55:07 PM EDT
[#14]
^ Or an AOW or a SBS. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/4/2001 6:25:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey,
do they make those drum conversion kits for shotguns that are semis? That would kick ass, especial is they make some post 04' mags that have a more than 10 round capacity. [:D]
[rail]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top