Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/10/2017 12:21:19 AM EDT
I was browsing the truck pricing at various KC area dealers when I stumbled on this gem:

"April 2017 Pricing on all new vehicles may include up to $1500 in finance rebates that have certain credit requirements to be able to claim this rebate. The finance office is Credit Score based and you must be below 620 to qualify. If you are over a 620 you must add up to $1500 to the price. Varies by make and model. Not all units are eligible for this rebate. Call Dealer for Details."

Their advertised price seems to include all imaginable incentives, and a disclaimer in tiny font warns that price is for "informational purposes" only.

The same dealer is also advertising a "Pro Certified Lifetime Warranty" that doesn't seem to be offered by other area FCA dealers or refer to the actual Mopar Max Care warranty.

This is some sketchy shit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:23:46 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL can charge 15%+ interest too in addition to tons of "fees" 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Can't fault a company for knowing their base customer.  Good for them both.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:29:33 AM EDT
[#3]
So I guess the oil fields are ramping up production and are starting to hire again?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL, this.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:32:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:43:59 AM EDT
[#6]
rope 'em in with low prices on the front end and rape them on the back end with fees.
those with low credit scores often don't understand such, and as a result find themselves stuck right in the same groundhog day situations.

Ahhh. Capitalism.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#7]
It's obvious the dealer will get the money back in likely higher APR's, but it probably helps them sell more by banks approving more loans with 0 down.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:12:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't think my credit score has been below 620 since highschool, lmaooooo

J-
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think my credit score has been below 620 since highschool, lmaooooo

J-
View Quote
Mine is below. I have no debt. Not even a mortgage or car loan. Therefore my credit sucks.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:25:07 AM EDT
[#10]
And if you are a USAA member, you can get discounts also. On the Ram 3500 I bought last month it was another $1000 off. Think there are different amounts depending on the model of vehicle.

Had to wait about a month before I got it. Not easy to find a Ram 3500, Cummins, 8ft Bed, crew cab, with a manual transmission around here. Only other new one in the region was over in Craig Colorado and in a color I didn't like. Automatic transmissions are easy to find though.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:29:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine is below. I have no debt. Not even a mortgage or car loan. Therefore my credit sucks.
View Quote
If you truly have had no debt ever, then your credit score is not below 620.  It's not above it.  It's not zero.  You simply don't have a credit score.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:15:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you truly have had no debt ever, then your credit score is not below 620.  It's not above it.  It's not zero.  You simply don't have a credit score.
View Quote
Not true. No debt ever means you are "Credit Invisible." What this means is that the first time you have your score pulled, is the agencies "guess" what you would be. It's basically a pop quiz for credit. It's also why it's recommended to start out with a credit card to build credit history, and not start out with a car loan (unless the loan is co-signed by a high credit score applicant).
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not true. No debt ever means you are "Credit Invisible." What this means is that the first time you have your score pulled, is the agencies "guess" what you would be. It's basically a pop quiz for credit. It's also why it's recommended to start out with a credit card to build credit history, and not start out with a car loan (unless the loan is co-signed by a high credit score applicant).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you get this notion?  "Credit Invisible" is a term for not having a credit score.  The credit reporting agencies do not guess what you would be because if they could guess, they could run their actual algorithm on you.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 5:31:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
take 500 bucks to the bank...  get a secured credit card with a 500 dollar limit.  go spend 50 bucks on the card.  pay the minimum bill.  keep spending 10 bucks each month to keep the utilization around 10 percent...  thats the ratio of how much credit you have versus how much you borrowed....  within two months you will have 700+ credit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:22:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He didn't say he has never had debt. He just said he has no debt. Sure he could have paid cash for everything in his life, but he also could have just paid off all his debt and hasn't financed anything in a long time. Thats the most likely scenario.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:25:45 AM EDT
[#16]
That can only end well 

Just checked the other day 799. 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:26:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

He didn't say he has never had debt. He just said he has no debt. Sure he could have paid cash for everything in his life, but he also could have just paid off all his debt and hasn't financed anything in a long time. Thats the most likely scenario.
View Quote
And that is not a bad thing either.  Never take out debt just to build a credit score.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:28:29 AM EDT
[#18]
What do you want your payments to be?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#19]
It's like being paid to fail.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

take 500 bucks to the bank...  get a secured credit card with a 500 dollar limit.  go spend 50 bucks on the card.  pay the minimum bill.  keep spending 10 bucks each month to keep the utilization around 10 percent...  thats the ratio of how much credit you have versus how much you borrowed....  within two months you will have 700+ credit.
View Quote
Dont just pay the minimum,pay the balance in full after it cycles. Theres no reason or need to pay the  bank interest no matter how minimal to build credit.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gonna sell a LOT of 300s!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:08:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
"April 2017 Pricing on all new vehicles may include up to $1500 in finance rebates that have certain credit requirements to be able to claim this rebate. The finance office is Credit Score based and you must be below 620 to qualify. If you are over a 620 you must add up to $1500 to the price. Varies by make and model. Not all units are eligible for this rebate. Call Dealer for Details."
View Quote

i would just tell them, "don't pull my credit, it's a mess, plus i don't want the hard pull -- i'll take the sales terms for the less than 620 score, i'll really do my best to make this work out..."

and then i would pay off the loan before the end of the first month.  

ps
to anyone interested, here is an example:
http://www.landmarkchryslerdodgejeepram.com/new-inventory/Dodge/2016-Dodge-Challenger-38aadfdb0a0e0ae8588bb6144c8c30f7.htm
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:22:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Their system of offering rebates & discounts for some people, not me, was final deciding factor in buying a Honda Ridgeline rather than Ram in 2014.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#24]
They know their market!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:35:32 AM EDT
[#25]
I didn't get $ w/regards to my excellent credit score of 800 but I did manage to buy a new 2016 Ram Limited for $13K off sticker this weekend. Being w/out my Cummins all but broken my heart and made life hardly worth living but this plush air suspension ride is growing on me.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
LOL, this.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:05:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

i would just tell them, "don't pull my credit, it's a mess, plus i don't want the hard pull -- i'll take the sales terms for the less than 620 score, i'll really do my best to make this work out..."

and then i would pay off the loan before the end of the first month.  

ps
to anyone interested, here is an example:
http://www.landmarkchryslerdodgejeepram.com/new-inventory/Dodge/2016-Dodge-Challenger-38aadfdb0a0e0ae8588bb6144c8c30f7.htm
View Quote
Haha straight up Dave Ramsey
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:06:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
So I guess the oil fields are ramping up production and are starting to hire again?
View Quote
i literally LOL'd  

so fucking true 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:18:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I didn't get $ w/regards to my excellent credit score of 800 but I did manage to buy a new 2016 Ram Limited for $13K off sticker this weekend. Being w/out my Cummins all but broken my heart and made life hardly worth living but this plush air suspension ride is growing on me.

http://i67.tinypic.com/au8brn.jpg
http://i68.tinypic.com/2145uu8.jpg
View Quote
The Rams are quickly starting to grow on me. I am an F150 guy, but the sound of that hemi is amazing. Does the limited come with leather seats?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice looking truck minus those giant, hideous RAM letters on the back. They're begging for a delete.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:11:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
Nice truck.  Is it a Ram?
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Haha straight up Dave Ramsey
View Quote
and i'd do it again!  

----> http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1576153_-ARCHIVED-THREAD----Can-you-really-get-a-better-deal-on-a-new-car-when-paying-cash-.html&page=1#i44859243

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Anyone in the auto industry already knows which customer base Chrysler/Dodge targets.  The "I can make that low monthly payment for 8 years" (with 15% interest) crowd. i.e. Chrysler 300/Charger crowd.  Works VERY well for them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#34]
My credit score as of today is 787. It has fallen 13 points in the last month. Why? I paid off every debt I had except for my mortgage. I know how it works, but you would think that paying off 3 cars and 2 credit cards would help your credit, but nope.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:25:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Anyone in the auto industry already knows which customer base Chrysler/Dodge targets.  The "I can make that low monthly payment for 8 years" (with 15% interest) crowd. i.e. Chrysler 300/Charger crowd.  Works VERY well for them.
View Quote
Them who?  Since a Chrysler is unlikely to last the entire loan I assume you mean the people selling.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I really wouldn't finance that shit. Save for it, unload your trade yourself, cash in all those Orange Crush bottles, whatever 'till you can buy it. They aren't giving you anything on finance incentives. What you want is an out the door price that you are comfortable with. If they won't do it, keep looking. Be nice, tell them thanks but you are still looking.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#37]
$8000 off the sticker isn't too bad.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Chrysler for a long time has catered to low credit score buyers . They just never advertised it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Chrysler for a long time has catered to low credit score buyers . They just never advertised it.
View Quote
Yeah seems like darts and 200s are the car of choice with the shifty looking set around here 

Have largely edged out KIA as KIA seems to have successfully moved a bit upscale
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:23:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Hells yeah!! I can now buy a new car!
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:38:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Chrysler capital was by far the worst loan company I have ever dealt with.  I'd pay more just to not have them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The Rams are quickly starting to grow on me. I am an F150 guy, but the sound of that hemi is amazing. Does the limited come with leather seats?
View Quote
It does. Very nice too.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I just perused through the local dealers and of the inventory on the lots, the cheapest Rams are about $5000 more than Ford and GM.  

Now I'm thinking $32K for a Silverado with 4 doors and 5.3 sounds pretty good.  
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 2:26:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I just perused through the local dealers and of the inventory on the lots, the cheapest Rams are about $5000 more than Ford and GM.  

Now I'm thinking $32K for a Silverado with 4 doors and 5.3 sounds pretty good.  
View Quote
In my area, I'm seeing the opposite.

Silverado and F-150 pricing seems fairly similar whereas the Rams are $3-5k cheaper (similar trims).
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Silverado and F-150 pricing seems fairly similar whereas the Rams are $3-5k cheaper (similar trims).
View Quote
Rams have always seemed to be the most popular trucks around here, and are usually cheaper.

Here is the truck I bought last month.
ETA: Bought this with the intent to have it paid off in a few years. Then purchase a nice 5th wheel, then sell the house and go full time RV.

Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#46]
thats pretty low for rebates

my Ram had $7500 in rebates before we even started talking price

they do this pretty regular, it wasnt some one time thing
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:52:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
its about 10k here
I looked at the Silverado before buying my Ram  
apples to apples comparison the Silverado was a full 10k more

a base model v6 Chevy truck was listed within $1500 of a mid level Ram

I like my Ram

ETA: I wont even bring up the Tundras I briefly looked at about 15k more
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:54:14 PM EDT
[#48]
technically isn't that discrimination for people like me that's over 800? 
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
technically isn't that discrimination for people like me that's over 800? 
View Quote
go be poor somewhere else.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 4:25:54 PM EDT
[#50]
When I bought my 2016 Honda Odyssey last August, my credit score was 820.  I was surprised, but very happy too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top