I thought it was good.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:13:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The wife and myself enjoyed it.

Would watch again.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks - it doesn't look bad based on trailers but you never know

You guys didn't steer me wrong last time either (Hacksaw Ridge)
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe I differ on my opinion of that event, but I don't understand why it is celebrated. When the cap hit the fan the whole city was essentially thrown into martial law and we celebrate it. It wasn't Boston Strong, it was Boston Wrong.

Maybe I should watch the movie before critiquing it as opposed to the events though. (I assume this is the movie about the brothers pressure cooker)
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:40:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Didn't like it. When you've seen one Berg movie, you've seen them all and he's pretty much the epitome of a lazy hack director. It was essentially a big budget tv docudrama that was out of its element on the big screen. There was nothing dynamic about it. He bit the bullet by not exploring some of the underlying issues that were witnessed during the whole event. Berg also forced a lot of development with certain characters that were not really that important to the story-line and underdeveloped other characters that could have added a bit more emotion to the story. The movie immediately became a background movie while I was doing other things with the hilariously horrible Hollywooded reenactment of the Laurel St shootout and the total gloss over of the house to house searches a few hours later during daylight hours. But in all honesty, you can't expect more from Peter Berg as a film maker.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Defiantly. I am from the area and felt the movie stayed very true to the actual event. Mark Wahlberg did some of his best work yet I feel. Mark being from Boston and having such a strong connection to the city helped make it real. I do not believe you will be disappointed. Especially if you are familiar with the terrorist attack on the Boston Marathon.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Defiantly. I am from the area and felt the movie stayed very true to the actual event. Mark Wahlberg did some of his best work yet I feel. Mark being from Boston and having such a strong connection to the city helped make it real. I do not believe you will be disappointed. Especially if you are familiar with the terrorist attack on the Boston Marathon.
View Quote
4 posts in 5 years?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Maybe I differ on my opinion of that event, but I don't understand why it is celebrated. When the cap hit the fan the whole city was essentially thrown into martial law and we celebrate it. It wasn't Boston Strong, it was Boston Wrong.

Maybe I should watch the movie before critiquing it as opposed to the events though. (I assume this is the movie about the brothers pressure cooker)
View Quote
As a fellow Okie, this is exactly why I haven't watched it.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:12:10 PM EDT
[#9]
"Patriot's Day" is tomorrow isn't it?
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I was disappointed that the cowboy hat guy wasn't even shown in a single scene or in the special features of the DVD.  Too much of Marky Mark showing up everywhere in his composite character role.

The movie certainly didn't do anything to change my opinion and concern of how the situation was handled up there.  I still cringe everytime I hear the slogan "Boston Strong".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top