Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 3/31/2017 1:19:31 AM EDT
Living near fraudster Lance Armstrong's home city we get all kind of militant, entitled and  crazed two wheel weenies tying up lanes, running stop signs and riding at night with minimal lighting.

They think they can break the traffic laws or work to impose new ones but there is one set of laws they cannot defy:

The law of physics.

Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:20:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.  
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:54:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I think it's funny how many people seem to take the Lance Armstrong doping deal so personally. Liar, sure, douche bag, maybe, but he completed in the most grueling cycling event on the planet, post cancer and beat all the other guys doping-repeatedly. I'm not a doping advocate by any means. Was the playing field level? Yeah, amongst the top riders at the time it was, because they all doped too.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 1:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
"BUT I'M JUST LIKE A CAR!", the cyclist screamed as they were flattened running a red light, in the dark, as they slowly wobbled into the intersection.

Hated it in San Antonio, hate it in Seattle.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:05:22 AM EDT
[#5]
99% of them.

If you are one of the 1%, good on you.

But the overwhelming majority are shitbags.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:06:18 AM EDT
[#6]
I use to be a cyclist, back when I was in shape and commute daily… Personally I only felt equal to a car, was in the city. Where I could keep up, event past them most the time.

PS: My car made me fat and lazy… I didn’t want to be poor and sweaty anymore.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Bikers are people too!
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I bike and enjoy it.  I also follow the rules of the road.

Try riding a bike sometime OP and get off your lazy ass.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:32:49 AM EDT
[#9]
There won't ever be a rational gd thread about cyclists.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:37:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Substitute "bicyclist" with "driver" and reread OP.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#11]
FPNI. Next question?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm both considerate and efficient when I bike and drive... and I do both often.  Cyclist can be fucking assholes and drivers can be distracted fucksticks. I feel like it evens out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:40:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Vancouver BC did it right, well at least in one area, they gave the bicyclists their own road one block up from regular traffic. Bicyclists in Seattle are insane.

ETA: so yeah if you see Seattle streets and you say to yourself "you know what I'd like to ride my bike out there". You're out of your fucking mind and almost certainly mentally defective.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:46:09 AM EDT
[#14]
That's what I call "Ch'i" sports. Bicylists, golfers, trap shooters, tennis players.
Don't mess up their Ch'i or they will throw a temper tantrum, blame you for the world imploding, run over your children, try to burn your house down, and maybe call the cops accusing you of attempted murder.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:50:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Road cyclists here in the States? Yes. 

Mountain bikers? Nah. It's fun 

Road cyclists and Armstrong wannabes are the Fatties and Snowboots of the highways. 
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:53:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.  
View Quote
And joggers insisted to run on public roads instead of sidewalks.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:54:09 AM EDT
[#17]
If they can follow the laws regarding riding on public roads AND not ride abreast of one another I have no issue.  If you cannot do that, yes, you are retarded and  probably deserve the hate you receive.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:16:43 AM EDT
[#18]
must not
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:17:26 AM EDT
[#19]
I almost smacked one hauling ass through San Francisco in an F150 after a long night of drinking and no sleep. Mother fuckers take their right of way a little too seriously.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:27:13 AM EDT
[#20]
They don't even lift their heads to take a look around before pedaling their asses through stop signs and red lights.

Then howling and wailing and bitching when one of them gets run the fuck over.

Armadillos have more class.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:33:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
They don't even lift their heads to take a look around before pedaling their asses through stop signs and red lights.

Then howling and wailing and bitching when one of them gets run the fuck over.

Armadillos have more class.
View Quote
That is verbatim, what happened in my post above yours. Except I didn't actually run him over. But it was close so he still howled wailed and bitched. Was sort of like the "old man yells at cloud" meme in my rear view mirror.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:46:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Lance is a dick, but he was a doper who beat other dopers.  News flash: Every elite cyclist is doping.  Lance just got attention because he wasn't French.

Having said that, bicyclists have the right to travel.  Roads are not just for cars.  People in cars are often assholes who will buzz by you leaving an inch of room just for laughs, not caring that they are endangering someone's life.  I quit riding because of assholes in cars, so I can understand why movements like Critical Mass exist.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 3:51:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If they can follow the laws regarding riding on public roads AND not ride abreast of one another I have no issue.  If you cannot do that, yes, you are retarded and  probably deserve the hate you receive.
View Quote
Pretty much this.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:02:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I almost smacked one hauling ass through San Francisco in an F150 after a long night of drinking and no sleep. Mother fuckers take their right of way a little too seriously.
View Quote
Sounds like it was his fault.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well my light was green so....
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:15:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
well my light was green so....
View Quote
Maybe if you post (and drive) with more sleep and less drinking you could be able to add details like that.  But, from the post that I quoted from you, sounds like you were the driver in the wrong.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:15:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Armstrong is probably the greatest cyclist that ever lived. His mistake was to win too many times. Those guys who won 100 years ago while smoking and drinking might be better.

That said, the idiots who take their rides in matching spandex down a busy street, at rush hour, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk just 36" away, are stupid.  Just stupid.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:16:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Loud pipes, oh wait.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:21:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Armstrong is probably the greatest cyclist that ever lived. His mistake was to win too many times. Those guys who won 100 years ago while smoking and drinking might be better.

That said, the idiots who take their rides in matching spandex down a busy street, at rush hour, when there is a perfectly good sidewalk just 36" away, are stupid.  Just stupid.
View Quote
Armstrong is a piece of fucking shit who should die in a fucking dumpster.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:36:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Ho hmm another thread bitching about people that prefer to keep themselves in shape to avoid being a fat fucking keyboard jockey....
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:41:33 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
Keep your mouth shut until you've walked on the Moon too!

He Made the Moon Great Again
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:46:18 AM EDT
[#33]
They just need loud pipes
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:48:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, they can refuse to believe the real vehicle has the right away as long as they live.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:49:32 AM EDT
[#35]
About as much as any other vehicle class.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:54:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Maybe, but he's still one of the greatest athletes, ever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:56:43 AM EDT
[#37]
All the cyclists want to be treated like a car until its time to act like a car

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:57:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Maybe, but he's still one of the greatest athletes, ever.
View Quote
No, he's one of the greatest cheating pieces of shit ever.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:57:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe, but he's still one of the greatest athletes doping cheaters, ever.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe, but he's still one of the greatest athletes doping cheaters, ever.
FIFY
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:00:50 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

No, he's one of the greatest cheating pieces of shit ever.
View Quote
Everyone else was "cheating" also.  You're right, no cyclist is greater.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:06:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

FIFY
View Quote
All the other doping cheaters couldn't keep up.  Even when his training standards were known, they were unable to come close to his fitness level.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:11:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Honestly, I could give a fuck about them in the city. The assholes are the ones that come out in the country and ride on the 55mph 2 lanes. There are perfectly good bike trails in the suburbs and these dickbags come out here and ride in packs. More than once I've come up over a hill and had to slam on my brakes because they are taking up a full lane doing less than a tenth of the speed limit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:14:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
There won't ever be a rational gd thread about cyclists.
View Quote
What if the thread was about a cyclist ,who got run over by a Smart car owner, who swerved to miss a jogger with a pitbull,but the pitbull was injured which was shot by a cop who was off duty on unpaid leave b/c he got caught up in a corruption case smuggling guns for a mexican cartel who owned a chain of convenient stores as a front for their illicit drug/gun running and hired a bunch of hadjis to operate the stores which becomes a neverending scheme to fleece the government of grant and assistance monies, eventually bringing forth an audit from the IRS which is stonewalled by Washington congressman b/c it would shine light on some of their own corruption and then
a special committee is appointed to investigate themselves and discovers that 1911's are better than Tupperware b/c all polymer pistols are DD's that are prone to KABOOM for no apparent reason in the hands of a couch commando who thinks he is John Wick,who also owns a EPBT, which has no name and bit your face off when he attacked you, unprovoked, as you rode to the supermarket on your bicycle to buy some beans and noodles for your chili???

Even John Wick's dumbass EPBT knows that chili doesn't have beans and that you probably deserve to be bitten for thinking chili goes on top of spaghetti and why would you ride to the wal-mart  on a bicycle when you have to haul the pressure washer that you stole b/c you wanted to wash the marks off your driveway that were incurred by some fuckwit who decided his rifle needed a battle-worn look when all he really needed was a dremel tool to flute the barrel so it would be more "accurate" so he could double-tap some zombies @ 1700 yds while providing cover for Heavy-Six as he rescues Maggie from the Walking Dead which by the way, would really be awesome if my face was a bicycle seat and she was planted atop of it.

Sounds perfectly rational to me.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:17:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Living near fraudster Lance Armstrong's home city we get all kind of militant, entitled and  crazed two wheel weenies tying up lanes, running stop signs and riding at night with minimal lighting.

They think they can break the traffic laws or work to impose new ones but there is one set of laws they cannot defy:

The law of physics.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/548f2e27e4b0247834e13428/t/54c90b92e4b0c51e342690bc/1422461842469/Bike+Accident+with+Another+Bike
View Quote

LA was/is a huge cheat and fraud.  Not all cyclists are like him.  I won one race my entire life, maybe because I never took PEDs.  Just a heads up, slow rolling a stop sign is legal in some states, it is not as evil as often projected.  In rural, traffic free areas I will slow roll a stop sign.  It is also legal to ride 2 wide in most states, yours included.  Cyclist must adhere to speed limits and cars should pass at a safe distance.  Let the folks have some fun, and stay fit without threatening them with a multi thousand pound car.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:20:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
It is unsafe and illegal to ride on the sidewalk.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The law of physics.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/548f2e27e4b0247834e13428/t/54c90b92e4b0c51e342690bc/1422461842469/Bike+Accident+with+Another+Bike
View Quote

As an avid bike rider, *NOTHING* pisses me off quite as much as fellow bike riders doing stupid shit. During the summer I ride to and from work for a total of 20 miles and do my absolute best to avoid car traffic. I seriously ride like everyone in their cars is absolutely trying their damndest to kill me.

Running stop signs and whatnot when there's nobody around doesn't bother me, the stopping distance of a bike is a hell of a lot faster than any car, but riding in the street just to tie up traffic or riding at night sans reflective gear or lights deserves a savage beatdown. People who routinely run lights and signs in the middle of rush hour should also get that beatdown.

Getting into an accident between a bike and a car, regardless of who is right or wrong, the guy on the bike loses big.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:29:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

LA was/is a huge cheat and fraud.  Not all cyclists are like him.  I won one race my entire life, maybe because I never took PEDs.  Just a heads up, slow rolling a stop sign is legal in some states, it is not as evil as often projected.  In rural, traffic free areas I will slow roll a stop sign.  It is also legal to ride 2 wide in most states, yours included.  Cyclist must adhere to speed limits and cars should pass at a safe distance.  Let the folks have some fun, and stay fit without threatening them with a multi thousand pound car.
View Quote
Everyone agrees he's a cheat and a fraud.

Surely you don't think the only reason you don't/didn't compete at that level is the lack of PED use?

I know what you mean about the threats with vehicles, it's the reason I no longer ride.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:31:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
Okay, this wins the prize for about the stupidest fucking thing I've read in GD in a long time, congratulations for that.

So it's the biker's fault that you almost hit them while you were deprived of sleep and driving drunk in a major congested city?

If my sarcasm meter is busted, well played, but you can never tell with the abject retardation evident in GD 90% of the time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

What if the thread was about a cyclist ,who got run over by a Smart car owner, who swerved to miss a jogger with a pitbull,but the pitbull was injured which was shot by a cop who was off duty on unpaid leave b/c he got caught up in a corruption case smuggling guns for a mexican cartel who owned a chain of convenient stores as a front for their illicit drug/gun running and hired a bunch of hadjis to operate the stores which becomes a neverending scheme to fleece the government of grant and assistance monies, eventually bringing forth an audit from the IRS which is stonewalled by Washington congressman b/c it would shine light on some of their own corruption and then
a special committee is appointed to investigate themselves and discovers that 1911's are better than Tupperware b/c all polymer pistols are DD's that are prone to KABOOM for no apparent reason in the hands of a couch commando who thinks he is John Wick who also owns a EPBT who has no name and bit your face off when he attacked you, unprovoked, as you rode to the supermarket on your bicycle to buy some beans and noodles for your chili???

Even John Wick's dumbass EPBT knows that chili doesn't have beans and that you probably deserve to be bitten for thinking chili goes on top of spaghetti and why would you ride to the wal-mart  on a bicycle when you have to haul the pressure washer that you. stole b/c you wanted to wash the marks off your driveway that incurred by some fuckwit who decided his rifle needed a battle-worn look when all he really needed was a dremel tool to flute the barrel so it would be more "accurate" so he could double-tap some zombies @ 1700 yds while providing cover for Heavy-Six as he rescues Maggie from the Walking Dead which by the way, would really be awesome if my face was a bicycle seat and she was planted atop of it.

Sounds perfectly rational to me.
View Quote
You forgot EMP, Thermite and Dave_A
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 6:35:29 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Everyone agrees he's a cheat and a fraud.

Surely you don't think the only reason you don't/didn't compete at that level is the lack of PED use?

I know what you mean about the threats with vehicles, it's the reason I no longer ride.
View Quote
No I was not a huge player because I sucked, to big to be a climber, to small to be a sprinter.  My statement should have had a sarcasm statement included.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top